Womans opinion on asking a waitress out?

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 06:48 am
So the other day me and my 2 brothers went to this resturaunt that one of them used to work at. One of his previous coworkers came to take our order and i thought she was very attractive and i really liked the vibe she gave off. After dinner I left and my other brother stayed and asked said waitress if she thought i was cute which she did and told my brother she was single and 22 ( Im 21). He tells me this and I go back the next day with a small thing of roses i bought and my number, asked the other waitresses for her and I approach her and introduce myself but it looks as if she is about to start balling her eyes out. it wasnt my intention to make her feel uncomfortable or to cry at work in front of all these people. So i tell her i got these for you and wanted to know if youd want to go out some time she says yes and ill text you later and i leave. Im not sure if she was embarrassed or uncomfortable or what. she hasnt text me yet but some friends of mine said wait a few days? idk did i do something wrong? to soon? should i go back in a week or so? deffinetly would like a womans opinion and thanks in advance Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 483 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 07:11 am
@ezdarnell,
It could be the exact opposite. She could have thought the gesture was so sweet and thoughtful that she cried...out of happiness not embarsssment.

I think your action with the flowers is more than most young men would do...some young women might be embarrassed or think way over the top, others would love it or be so impressed but since she said yes, I would venture you hit it out of the ballpark.

I bet all the other waitresses are gushing about you and think your waitress very lucky to have such a polite gentleman interested in her. I would go ahead and call her she seems interested.
engineer

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 07:31 am
@ezdarnell,
I'm not sure I would have approached her at work and in public. Maybe your brother can set up something outside the restaurant.
0 Replies

ezdarnell

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 08:54 am
@Linkat,
do you think i should wait some days before hearing back from her? idk what i should do at this point loli mean i never asked for her number i just gave her mine
ehBeth

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 09:01 am
@ezdarnell,
You have no choice but to wait since you don't have her number. I wouldn't recommend approaching her in her workplace again.

Personally, I would have been very uncomfortable if someone had done that in public in my workplace. It would lead to a lot of teasing from my coworkers and that was never a happy place for me.

If you had found a way to pass your number on quietly - or had your brother do it - it would be easier to approach her again. Now there's no good way to do it without other people paying attention.

I'm definitely on the 'that was too much' side of this.
Linkat

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 09:27 am
@ezdarnell,
Ah I didn't realize you didn't get her number. You should wait for her to call then. You could use your brother though to try to discreetly get read of how she felt about it.

It is one of those things ... either she loved it or it was too much. It was a sweet gesture, but if you don't know someone well or know what they like, they may find it is too much. Some like the extra attention while others may not. Ask your brother maybe he knows how something like this would fly for her if he knows her well enough.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 09:34 am
@ehBeth,
I agree it was too much, but it already happened and it seemed he got a positive response so my thought was she liked it.

However I miss read and thought he got her number and was waiting a few days to call for a date. Where you gave your number and didn't ask for one you need to wait now.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 11:13 am
Send brother or other trusted person to go in and just mention, "I heard you got flowers from XXX. He is smitten with you. You two going to get together?"

Her answer should let you know if she lost your number or is not interested in taking this any further.
0 Replies