Kerry Needs to Chase Women

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 01:46 pm
Wouldn't you think after six months of stump speeches and milllions and millions in advertising, they'd know who Kerry is by now? Does anybody know who he is yet? Is 'chasing women' what made Clinton so attractive to Democrat women?

Kerry urged to chase some women

Sen. John Kerry needs to do a little more than brag about his good hair if he's going to win the sizable number of undecided female voters. But if he does, the election is his for the taking. That's according to Karen White, political director for Emily's List, the liberal group that funds women Democratic candidates.

She says that about a third of women are swing voters who are looking for a little meat from Kerry, especially on issues like healthcare and economic security. "These women are very accessible to Kerry," she said, "but Kerry will have to work very, very hard."

Here's the problem: Like so many groups, women really don't know who Kerry is and are awaiting his convention speech before taking sides. White released a new Emily's List poll today that said women are generally dissatisfied with the country's direction but, oddly, made a candidate's proposals only the fourth-most-important issue they are studying in an election. The top issue: A candidate's ability to quiet the partisan bickering in Washington, an issue neither Bush-Cheney nor Kerry-Edwards has captured.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/biztech/buzz/buzzhome.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 514 • Replies: 4
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 01:47 pm
What's your opinion regarding Kerry's ability to work 'hard' foxfyre? Smile
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 01:49 pm
ROFL....I dunno. And since I think he has TERRIBLE hair, even if I was available, I don't think I would be available to find out. Smile
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 01:52 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
I think he has TERRIBLE hair

Not for long... I hear he's gonna go for the urban angle and get "cornrows". Now THATS sexy!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 01:56 pm
Dead sexay, as they say in Britain.
0 Replies