Bergler took all known copies of millenium review document

PDiddie

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 03:28 pm
I understand that the rumor (as being reported on FreeRepublic) is that he smuggled them out in his pantyhose:

Quote:

OMG! NO!
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 05:36 pm
swolf, I don't know why you don't understand. The 9/11 had copies of the documents you speak of so the 9/11 report would have been the same had berger not taken the documents. If 9/11 commission didn't have copies then there would be a story but since they do there is no story in regards to the 9/11 report itself.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 07:59 pm
You keep saying that like it's important Revel. It's not. It doesn't matter if he took the classified plans on making a lego airplane. He broke the rules and now will need to par the piper.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 06:55 am
McGentrix

The reason I keep saying is that there is implication put by some and by some articles that the 9/11 report might of been different had berger not taken the documents. The 9/11 commission said that they had copies of all documents and justice department confirmed it. So the report was not compromised.

Quote:
ALBANY, N.Y. -- Gov. George Pataki on Thursday called the Justice Department probe of former national security adviser Sandy Berger "troubling," adding the case may have significantly impacted the Sept. 11 commission's final report.

"To find out that national security documents dealing with Sept. 11 were wrongfully removed, supposedly inadvertently, and then wrongfully destroyed, supposedly inadvertently, raises real questions as to what was in those documents and why they were removed," the Republican governor said.

Berger, who served in the Democratic Clinton administration, allegedly removed highly classified terrorism documents and handwritten notes from a secure reading room during preparations for the Sept. 11 commission hearings.

Pointing to Thursday's release of the Sept. 11 commission's report, Pataki said during a news conference at the state Capitol that "there may have been information that may have changed that report significantly."

This article seems to contradict the statement put out by the 9/11 commission saying that they had copies of the documents that berger took. However, either the 9/11 commission and justice department are lying when they say they have copies or the NY Governor either does not know what the 9/11 commission said or he chose to ignore it so that people would think that the report is compromised.

The motive behind certain people's desire to keep pushing this story is obvious. Clinton looks a little better than Bush in the report in that he at least took the trouble to track and keep up with Bin Laden whereas Bush basically ignored him. If the republicans can knock that thought down then it is good for the Bush's reelection and bad for democrats.

I agree that berger should be charged and sentenced according to whatever the law allows.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 08:33 am
Oh. Ok then.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 08:58 am
Still chuckling McG...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:28 pm
Let's all see what Sandy Berger was trying to hide.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 02:47 pm
You guys do understand this story is dead?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 11:03 am
Reported online first here,but you may also find it in the WSJ on page A6:

Quote:
Clinton Adviser Berger Cleared of Document Theft

President Clinton's national security adviser, Sandy Berger -- who'd been accused of stealing classified material from the National Archives -- has been cleared of all wrongdoing.

The National Archives and the Justice Department have concluded nothing is missing and nothing in the Clinton administration's record was withheld from the 9-11 Commission.

The Wall Street Journal reports archives staff have accounted for all classified documents Berger looked at.

Late last year they asked investigators to see if the former national security adviser removed materials during his visits.

Berger's lawyers said his client had inadvertently removed several photocopies of reports, but later returned them.

swolf?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 11:14 am
PDiddie wrote:
Reported online first here,but you may also find it in the WSJ on page A6:

Quote:
Clinton Adviser Berger Cleared of Document Theft

President Clinton's national security adviser, Sandy Berger -- who'd been accused of stealing classified material from the National Archives -- has been cleared of all wrongdoing.

The National Archives and the Justice Department have concluded nothing is missing and nothing in the Clinton administration's record was withheld from the 9-11 Commission.

The Wall Street Journal reports archives staff have accounted for all classified documents Berger looked at.

Late last year they asked investigators to see if the former national security adviser removed materials during his visits.

Berger's lawyers said his client had inadvertently removed several photocopies of reports, but later returned them.

swolf?

I hope this clears up any more of this trying to cast doubt on the nine eleven commission report.

I mean think about it. what in the world would they have to cover up anything to do with the millennium report anyway? Nothing happened so whatever they did must have been good enough.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 01:25 pm
I heard last week that this story was a dead fish because the Republican capo di tutti actually LIKE and ADMIRE Berglar. They say he's the only Clinton holdover with cojones.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 04:10 pm
Berger cleared of withholding documents from 9/11 Commission
Berger cleared of withholding documents from 9/11 Commission:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=817153#817153
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 09:51 am
He's also cleared of any criminal charges as the "missing documents" were photocopies. The original records were left intact.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 09:53 am
McGentrix wrote:
You keep saying that like it's important Revel. It's not. It doesn't matter if he took the classified plans on making a lego airplane. He broke the rules and now will need to par the piper.

or not......
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 10:01 am
I think he is probably going to have to birdie the piper, myself.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 11:57 am
I guess they thought they had a Bergergate going and now they're eating a large plate of crow topped with a bright red cherry.
0 Replies