Let us help you with that

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:20 am
I thought presidents should be judged on their (intellectual and charismatic) abilities to rule a country, not on the fact they can throw some mud. Must be me.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:34 am
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
I thought presidents should be judged on their (intellectual and charismatic) abilities to rule a country, not on the fact they can throw some mud. Must be me.

Yeah, and when people like Chirac rolls over Kerry because he has no backbone, what then? Throwing mud is an ability that is required. as is catching mud.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:37 am
Like America has to fear Chirac Rolling Eyes Though I do believe the ability to throw mud in that case is an ability required more by US presidents than let say European PM's.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:43 am
McG
Quote:

Well, Kerry has Moveon.org and Moore to do his dirty work for him. Kerry can't even sling his own mud, what kind of president is he going to be?

I was not aware that the precursor to being president is the ability to throw mud. I now understand why you support Bush and the republicans. They are expert in the art.
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:48 am
Hahaha!
Nobody has ever rolled over Kerry, I'd bet! Open your eyes, McG! For crying out loud!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:50 am
To be able to sling mud, one must be able to recognize an opponents weaknesses and have the ability to amplify those weaknesses. We call it mud, but in reality the ability to see weaknesses in ones opponent is of vital importance for a politician. I can guarantee you that other world leaders are not immune to slinging their share of mud. American leaders hardly hold a lion's share of the mud that is flung.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:51 am
Mud slinging ain't that widespread in Dutch politics though.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:56 am
That's great. I am super happy for you and and all the Dutch people.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:57 am
Do I sense sarcasm? < sniffs >
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 08:03 am
McG
It's mud, it's not mud, it probing and exploiting weaknesses. Make up your mind and admit it's the way republicans do electioneering.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 08:20 am
Well, au1929, share with me how you define it instead of merely slinging your own mud. Rolling Eyes

The Republicans HARDLY hold the championship belt for mudslinging. Your coyness towards democrat mudslinging hardly does your side justice.
0 Replies

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 08:22 am
Yes, well... this post is about Bush's "claim" that he was going to focus on all the wonderful things he's done, and his, so far, failure to follow through with doing so...
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 09:09 am
If Bush had any accomplishments to crow about he would not have to sling mud. He would have been able to run for reelection based upon his record and not how bad he can paint his opponent. Since his accomplishments are all on the wrong side of the ledger he is unable to hence the negative campaign.
0 Replies

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 09:21 am
I know. Not even enough to fill a 30 second commercial with, apparently. I'm not surprised!
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 09:23 am
Has anyone actually heard anything from Bush that could be construed as a vision? a plan? anything?

Has anyone seen ONE of his political ad's that was not pure attack?

Has anyone noticed that his official web site is all attacks and Kerry's actually deals with issues?

Anyone notice that Bush went from the "WAR" president to the "peace" President? Is that a flip flop? I keep getting confused as to what makes up a real "flip flop" and what's "changing your mind"
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 09:40 am
Yes, redheat, your confusion is readily apparent.
0 Replies

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 09:55 am
Not to me...
0 Replies

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 09:56 am
Unless posting reasonable questions means one is confused, of course! Smile
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 11:01 am
the reincarnation of suzy wrote: