How do you like them apples?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,639 • Replies: 38
No top replies

princesspupule

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:18 pm
Roflmao! That's funny! Too bad Bush didn't mean it to be taken that way! Laughing
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:21 pm
I know!
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 07:24 am
I hope none of you are thinking that if he doesn't go by his word that it's not "flip flopping" he is being "politically astute" "mislead" or he "changed his mind"
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 10:16 am
Since there will be no more attack ads and Bush will only speak of his accomplishments will that result in the end of ads being issued by the Bush campaign? Embarrassed
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 01:50 pm
"too much good to talk about"?

Get ready for some really short commercials and speeches, then...
0 Replies

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 01:57 pm
I just saw him on the news this morning talking about Kerry!
Much like his admirers here, he has nothing of substance to say about what good he's done us. He obviously can't stick to this.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 02:16 pm
So what else is new? McAuliffe and his sheeple once again mischaracterize what actually was said, revealing themseves committed to warping reality to suit their agenda. If past is prologue, what The Democrats actually say at their convention will energize The Electorate-at-Large in much the same fashion as did the Wellstone Memorial and the rantings of ex-Governor Dean. I do anticipate the faithful will get really fired up; I'm really looking forward to witnessing a masterful display of self-immolation "Live-on-TV-From-Boston".
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 02:31 pm
Timber,

If you want to see some immolation, just wait for the debates this fall. My guess is that Bush better have prepared well for everything, and I do mean everything, because if he isn't prepared you know as well as I do he's going to look like a fool, just like he always does when answering unprepared questions.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 02:48 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Timber,

If you want to see some immolation, just wait for the debates this fall. My guess is that Bush better have prepared well for everything, and I do mean everything, because if he isn't prepared you know as well as I do he's going to look like a fool, just like he always does when answering unprepared questions.

Cycloptichorn

It's being rumored that Cheney is all ready trying to back out of his debate with Edwards, wanna bet Bush tries to weasle out of them too?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 02:49 pm
timberlandko wrote:
I'm really looking forward to witnessing a masterful display of self-immolation "Live-on-TV-From-Boston".

Nah. It's unlikely that the Democrats would be foolish enough to stage a repeat of the 1992 Republican Convention.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 02:52 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
timberlandko wrote:
I'm really looking forward to witnessing a masterful display of self-immolation "Live-on-TV-From-Boston".

Nah. It's unlikely that the Democrats would be foolish enough to stage a repeat of the 1992 Republican Convention.

Touche!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 02:53 pm
Need a light?

Quote:
Fireworks revamped; Mugar lets sparks fly

By Yvonne Abraham, Globe Staff | July 21, 2004

As Democratic National Convention officials rushed to get John F. Kerry's convention-week concert back on track yesterday, event producer David G. Mugar had harsh words for them, accusing them of failing to pay him, of not having enough money to cover the event's $2 million cost, and of leaving him no choice but to resign on Monday.

"You can not pay your electric bill [only] for a certain amount of time until that time runs out," Mugar said. "They strung us along for weeks, then days, then hours, and I finally had to say, 'It's lights out.' ... "
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 02:56 pm
So? 900 Americans dead and this has you outraged?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 03:04 pm
Mischaracterization is certainly a characteristic of The Opposition. Liberating 2 nations and some 50,000,000 people from brutal, despotic, tyranical rule at undeniably tragic but nonetheless historically low Own-Force Casualty cost is hardly an outrage. Actually, I'm not much given to outrage, and certainly expressed none wherein you so implied. I find both the concert woes and your ideologically stereotypical misapprehension of reality amusing ... and frankly rather comforting.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 03:50 pm
IMO freeing the Iraqi's from Saddams tyranny is not worth one American servicepersons life let alone 800 and in addition thousands of casualties. If the Iraqi's wanted freedom they should have fought for it themselves. In any event that cockamamie excuse arose only after the original story turned out to be a pack of bald faced lies.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 03:53 pm
Just the thought of Bush in a debate makes me laugh and no doubt his supporters shudder.
0 Replies

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 04:53 pm
timberlandko wrote:
So what else is new? McAuliffe and his sheeple once again mischaracterize what actually was said, revealing themseves committed to warping reality to suit their agenda. If past is prologue, what The Democrats actually say at their convention will energize The Electorate-at-Large in much the same fashion as did the Wellstone Memorial and the rantings of ex-Governor Dean. I do anticipate the faithful will get really fired up; I'm really looking forward to witnessing a masterful display of self-immolation "Live-on-TV-From-Boston".

Do tell! How does that "mischaracterize" what was said?
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 06:24 am
Wanna talk mischaracterization?

Bush's new ads

1) He blasts Kerry for not voting in congress during his run. Given that many candidates who run for office do this, it's about as hypocritical and disengenious as it gets.

2) He claims Kerry voted against a bill that would "protect pregnant woman from violence" Confused I thought it was a bill to help prosecute people who attacked woman and was a way to try and go after abortion again! I didn't know we could pass bill that actually "protect" us from violence? Of course he isn't asking for congress to extend the automatic weapons ban that actually protects people and police from automatic weapons.

3) EVERY ad Bush puts out there is Kerry bashing, and NONE so far have actually given you any clue as to what Bush actually stands for. Not ONE of Kerry's ad's are attack ads.

4) Bush MISREPRESENTS Kerry's votes on National Security. Here from a man who has consistenly tried to take away funding for VETS. Oh sure he will pay for your wife to have a boob job so you will join, but when you come back with an arm blown off or a leg gone he won't help you with your medical bills.

Oh yes timber Bush is full of character that man is! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 06:40 am
Well, Kerry has Moveon.org and Moore to do his dirty work for him. Kerry can't even sling his own mud, what kind of president is he going to be?
0 Replies