Job ideas

Mocha25

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2015 05:38 pm
I'm also good at art
I'm a really good cook
I'm good at math
I can write stories as well

I would still like to make good money, and have good hours and like to have weekends off.

roger

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2015 06:35 pm
@Mocha25,
Do you have any relevant degrees, especially in math? The lower levels of cooking for a living are probably not especially rewarding, except in perhaps a spiritual sense.

Have you sold any of your art work and/or stories?

Are you looking for a job or career immediately, or are you scouting out the fields while in school?

See, I've got more questions than you.
Glennn

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2015 08:17 pm
@Mocha25,
You might consider starting your own business. I thought of a money making opportunity that you might be interested in. We could be partners. First, we buy an old pickup, a flatbed trailer, and an old used Bobcat skid-loader. With the skid-loader loaded in the trailer, we pull it with the pickup in the middle of the night to some farmer’s field where we can find a big frickin’ rock that’s too big for even three men to roll, and we load it onto the trailer with the skid-loader. Then we dump it in the front yard of some Christian family’s home on a Saturday night. But first, we paint the dirtiest words we can imagine all over the rock. We’ll even write something that makes reference to unholy acts going on between their grandma and the family pet.

Now, when they wake up Sunday morning and get into the car to go to church, they’ll see that big frickin’ rock covered completely with the most vulgar obscenities they’ve ever seen. And that’s when we make our move. We drive by real slow in our pickup. And painted on the side of the pickup will be the words: Mocha25 and Glennn’s Obscene Rock Removal Service (I don’t mind you having top billing since you’ll be footing the bill for the equipment, which is only fair, considering it’s my idea).

Think of it! We can basically name our price, as I have yet to hear of any other obscene rock removal service in the whole country (I did a Google search). And we can cash in every Sunday morning until we run out of Christian family front yards. Hell, we can even charge a premium if we dump the rock in the front yard of a Pastor's or priest's house. How can we lose? Are you in?
roger

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2015 09:26 pm
@Glennn,
That's an interesting mind you've got there, Glenn
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2015 10:13 pm
@Mocha25,
What is your current level of education? would you be able to afford more education?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2015 08:06 am
@Mocha25,
You could try being a pastry or dessert chef or a chef. Besides the story part - you can combine all the other 3 skills. Many desserts do look like a work of art - think of some of those beautiful cake designs and other dessert designs. If you worked for a bakery as opposed to a restaurant you could have weekends off - depending.

I would also suggest being an author/illustrator for children's books, but that would be a much tougher occupation - the chef route would be much more employable.
Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2015 08:08 am
@Linkat,
For the ideal hours - you could look to be a math teacher - seems there is always a need for a good math teacher and the hours fit in better for you.
0 Replies

Mocha25

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 06:58 pm
@roger,
I'm in school right now and I'm trying to figure out my career. I have not sold any of my story's yet
chai2

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 07:00 pm
@Mocha25,
I wonder if you can get a job at telling conflicting stories?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 09:09 pm
@Mocha25,
If you are good at math, you might try learning to program computers.
0 Replies