A Culture of Sloppiness

Redheat

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:46 am
swolf wrote:
Redheat wrote:

Sloppy would be for those same employees again watch as he WALKS OUT THE DOOR WITH CLASSIFIED MATERIALS.

Maybe they were afraid their cat or one of their kids would get killed if they said anything:

http://www.dartreview.com/archives/1998/10/07/saving_kathleen_willeys_cat.php

Quote:

Recently, Willey reported that her cat has disappeared, her tires have been slashed, and, after that, she was accosted by a stranger on a jogging path. A man ran up to her and asked about her cat, questioned why she didn't 'get it' and suggested that her children might be next.

I mean, that IS the way team Clinton operates. This Burger character, by the way, was in line to become Kerry's CIA director.

All I can say is WOW are you saying Bush would have them killed?

Quote:
The double standard is alive and well. If this was a Republican, the left would be screaming for his head on a platter. Jail would be too good for him. I can't imagine those on the right defending this activity even from one of their own.

Can you READ? Ok obviously not. I don't defend him IF he broke the law. However we have 8 months of investigation and thus far NOTHING has been shown to have been a crime.

So Fox were you screaming for the heads at the Pentagon to roll when they "accidently" destroyed Bush's military records? Shall we talk double standard?

Again if this was such a gregious act then WHY ARE THE EMPLOYEES NOT BEING CHARGED OR FIRED? they allowed it to happen did they not? If you do into a store and start stuffing merchandise down your socks they can arrest you right there. So are you saying that our government has NO policy that would allow employees to act when someone is allegedly stealing classified security information? That makes sense to you?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:55 am
Redheat, who lost Bush's military records? Is there an accusation toward anybody?

For that matter, who lost my husband's military records? They've been looking for those for awhile too and so far nothing.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:56 am
Foxfyre wrote:
The double standard is alive and well. If this was a Republican, the left would be screaming for his head on a platter. Jail would be too good for him. I can't imagine those on the right defending this activity even from one of their own.

I agree with the first part, however, that last falls flat. I can easily imagine the right defending that kind of activity from one their own till their dying breath. We are all guilty of it.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:59 am
That is true Revel to a point. If this was a GOP guy, we would be holding our breath hoping no charges would be filed. I don't think any of us would be defending the action though. Of course the honest lefties aren't defending the action here either; they're just questioning whether it actually happened as reported. Which is legitimate.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:00 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Redheat, who lost Bush's military records? Is there an accusation toward anybody?

For that matter, who lost my husband's military records? They've been looking for those for awhile too and so far nothing.

Who lost them? I don't know but how is that relevant? the official word is that they were "accidently" destroyed. Where is your outrage? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:56 am
Well if they're lost, they don't know whether they were destroyed or not. But even if they were, how is this relevant to Berger removing classified documents from a secure area?
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:57 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Well if they're lost, they don't know whether they were destroyed or not. But even if they were, how is this relevant to Berger removing classified documents from a secure area?

They weren't lost they were DESTROYED!

It seems that lost of people are guilty of "accidents" now doesn't it?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 10:01 am
You make it seem much more sinister than it really is.

Quote:
The records for "numerous service members" were damaged in 1996 and 1997 while officials tried to salvage deteriorating microfilm payroll records. The payroll summaries destroyed were for the first quarter of 1969 and the third quarter of 1972. "President Bush's payroll records for those two quarters were among the records destroyed," Talbott said.

link

Now, compare that with Berger stuffing documents that he knows he is not supposed to take of the premises down his pants. Are you really blind to the difference, or just blind to the fact that Berger is wrong?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 10:04 am
Destroyed by whom? For all we know, the records that may have exhonerated the president were destroyed by somebody who wanted to make it look bad. And apparently some of my husband's military records have also been destroyed. He's a pretty unimportant soul to anybody but those of us who know and love him. Shall we make something sinister about that? And again I ask, how is this in any way relevant to the Berger issue?

Berger suggests he inadvertently discarded or
destroyed some highly classified documents he admits removing from a secure area. Now this is something we don't have to speculate about since he admits it. The only place left to speculate here is 1) why? and 2) should he be prosecuted for it?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 10:15 am
The man should be jailed just for his name. Sure it's pronounced 'ber-jur'. We all know it's really "Sandy Burger" which is not only disgusting, but an affront to an all-American tradition, despite it's linguistic and cultural ties to Germany.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 11:16 am
swolf wrote:
Basically, if this guy doesn't go to jail, I'm outta here.

I think we should start a collection now. I'll happily donate.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 11:27 am
JustanObserver wrote:
swolf wrote:
Basically, if this guy doesn't go to jail, I'm outta here.

I think we should start a collection now. I'll happily donate.

Im in!
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 12:22 pm
Third Rate Burglary
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/7/21/125445.shtml

Quote:

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Rep. DeLay: Berger Is Just a 'Third-Rate' Burglar

Is it possible to stuff top-secret documents down your pants "accidentally," as Sandy Berger and his apologists are trying to claim with a straight face? House Majority Leader Tom DeLay will have none of it.

Evoking images of Watergate, or perhaps the fast-food Hamburglar, DeLay, R-Texas, described the disgraced former Kerry adviser's light-fingered antics as "just a third-rate burglary."

Aha: Did Berger get lessons from Cameron Kerry? (He, by the way, continues to advise and even campaign for his brother, unlike Berger, who was dumped the same day Democrats kept insisting he wouldn't be.)
0 Replies