Why have his feelings changed so much?

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 05:18 am
I have been living with my boyfriend for about a year now and everything was great until about 3 months ago. He has been hanging with this kid every day ALL day. He even lied to me about what time he got off work yesterday and right when he got out of work at 10AM he went right over to his friends house and they were together til almost 10PM. He has become the biggest jerk since he's been with him and everything I do aggrivates him, but he does nothing wrong in his eyes. What is happening to our relationship? We used to get along so well. Why do I feel like he wants me to leave but won't tell me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 719 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 05:31 am
lost_grl009 - Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

Quote:
Why do I feel like he wants me to leave but won't tell me?

Chicken? Afraid of upsetting the status quo? Wants to have it all? If you were smart, you would have a discussion with him about this. Don't wait. If the relationship is salvagable, get your concerns out in the open, before things get too complicated!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 06:04 am
I'm with Phoenix--both with the welcome and the advice.

The lying is a symptom of a serious breakdown of trust. Probably what he wants is His Way, No Bitching, No Hassle. His lie is an attempt to avoid conflict--he's not thinking clearly.

Have a talk with him. If the relationship is winding down, sobeit, but you deserve to know what he's thinking and planning.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 06:19 am
I agree with the others, so there's not much else I can say.

Good luck to you and welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 06:25 am
lost_grl009---you sound so young! You should try to get some alone time with him to tell him how you feel. I am married with kids, so I cannot imagine my husband being at a friends house from 10a -10p...I would be FURIOUS! What's the attraction over there? You do desreve to know...
0 Replies

SueZCue

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:03 am
Sounds like passive/aggressive behavior. Sounds like he wants out but wants you to make the first move. Also, sounds like someone else might be in the picture. Either way, time to move on.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:52 am
I'm with the crowd. And, it's possible that the attraction is, man, there's lots of fun things it could be, eh? Another gal, drugs, drinking, lots of stuff that of course you don't want to be a part of.

Even if it's wholly innocent (they're building model airplanes, they're in an all-day prayer meeting or whatever), the bottom line is, it's upsetting you and your fellow is avoiding you. Time for that talk, and not a moment too soon.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:58 am
Is it another girl? Or is it a boy? Seeing as I agree with the above posters, I will keep my sentiments brief: it seems as if he is not putting enough commitment into your relationship. A relationship is never decent if it relies on one person's commitment, rather than both's. I suggest that you lay what you find acceptable down. If he should object to spending more time with you and less with others, then his heart does not seem to be in the relationship. If he agrees, keep watch. He could lyingly agree to it, to keep your relationship safe with the minimum of effort. Be wary.

0 Replies