Verbal and Physical abuse by a teacher

fishin

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 09:41 pm
Good for you kelbie. And for your daughter too!

I'm actually a little surprised the vice-principle mentioned "prior incidents". When you talk to your lawyer make sure you mention that. It may help show that they knew and didn't do anything about it. If anyone else also reported him for the same type of thing you have pattern of abusive behavior.

Well, at this point I guess you have some relief just having that first meeting over with and she is at least out of his class. If you don't mind me asking, how did your daughter take todays meeting and how is she with what's happened about all of this so far? If that's prying to much just say so..
0 Replies

kelbie

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 10:21 pm
I am extremely happy she was removed from his class. She is a pretty well-rounded kid and I felt if this type of abuse continued I'm sure we'd be seeing a counselor.

My daughter was happy the teacher admitted to the bi-sexual comment. She thought he was going to deny it and I told her there were so many kids that heard there was no way he could.

She was very upset that he lied, saying he did not grab her hand and squeeze the pop can. I told her let them investigate and hopefully the truth will come out. Although, I don't think it will after talking with an attorney today. He told me the minute he admits to physical contact I am to call the police and file charges. So, I'm sure they are going to keep this lie going because the consequences are serious.

My kid is pretty tough cookie. In first grade she was beat bloody by an 18 year old on the school bus (lawyers were involved to remove her from that school), teachers have made comments that she is spoiled and doesn't deserve to wear the nice clothes she does, while continuing with I couldn't afford it for my kids so why should she have them, she half hispanic and half white and I couldn't even begin to tell you all the racial remarks over the years. It's a very small, very white community that doesn't seem to accept people who are different.

My daughter is not racist at all, being raised in this area I am very surprised she's not. She was strong enough to hold her ground and stand up for what she believes in. I always thought the older she got, the easier it would get, boy was I wrong. The older she gets, the crueler these people become, it's sad.

One of our very good friends calls her school Jealousy University, and I don't think it could have been said any better.

Actually, I don't mind the questions. I have got some helpful pointers here and I am so thankful for that. My daughter seems very happy we are taking this stand as well.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 11:02 pm
Kelbie
It is so sad that your daughter has to deal with such a racist community, but I am glad that she is tough enough to hold her own. I am also very happy to hear that she no longer has to attend this perverts class. That should take a load off. This teacher is going to get his one of these days because what goes around, comes around and when it comes back around, it comes back full swing.

Hang in there ;-)
0 Replies

boonas

Reply Thu 1 May, 2003 08:43 am
Teacher Abuse
We are currently experiencing problems in our small town with the Principal of all people. Verbal abuse, uneducational/unethical behavior and unresponsiveness are continued on a daily basis against students, teaching staff and parents. I am trying to put together a package to include this type of abuse by educators to send to news media to show this is a problem across the nation - not just in small towns. So far I have found 11 states who have had abuse by teachers/educators. Can anyone add to this list - all I need is the state and maybe a little history of the situation. The more we can gather, the quicker we can get this info to the news and hopefully get some needed attention! Thanks!

CMS
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 1 May, 2003 09:41 am
boonas- One piece of advice that I can give to you.. Document, document, document. Dates, place, time and what happened. The more specific that you can get, the more ammunition that you will have against him.

I don't understand why at this time you want to go beyond your own small town. IMO the thrust of your activity needs to be to get that joker fired, so that the kids, parents and teachers can have a little peace. I think that you are spreading yourself too thin by attempting to globalize it.

Hey, teacher abuse has been around forever. I could tell you stories about a really crazy teacher that I had........in 1953.

What do you want? to have this guy removed, or to get on TV? Check out your priorities!
0 Replies

boonas

Reply Sun 4 May, 2003 06:50 pm
Teacher Abuse
Believe me, I have my priorities straight. SEVERAL parents and teachers have already documented complaints to our School Board & the Superintendent. For years, all these complaints have gone unanswered. We have also drawn up a petition to request the Principal's removal. Since our local administrators have not followed throug with these complaints, we have forwarded all our documentation to the State and the State Commissioner of Education. In speaking with ABC, they claim this is not a national issue. I would like to show them that this is, in fact, a growing problem in our country. We need as much publicity as possible to insure the safety of all children attending public schools in the U.S.
0 Replies

boonas

Reply Sun 4 May, 2003 06:51 pm
Teacher Abuse
Sorry - one more thing - our Principal is a woman, not a man.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 4 May, 2003 07:00 pm
boonas- I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but is there a good investigative reporter for your local newspaper or TV station? You might want to "drop a dime". Just make sute that you have enough ammunition.
0 Replies

boonas

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 06:14 pm
Teacher Abuse
Hello Phoenix -

Yes - we have been in touch with our local TV station and they are very interested in this issue. They are only waiting to see if the State is going to do anything... They have been trying to reach the State, but, of course, no reply..... BUT, this at least puts pressure on the principal. just TODAY, the principal called a student in the office and interrogated him as to what was going on!!!! Can you imagine???? But, this is just another 'notch' in our belt as far as we are concerned! And we are definitely not going to give up - these kids need a place to attend school that they feel safe.. Thanks for everyone's help - if you have any other ideas, PLEASE let us know!
0 Replies

tammyduncan2000

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 03:16 am
Re: Teacher Abuse
boonas wrote:
We are currently experiencing problems in our small town with the Principal of all people. Verbal abuse, uneducational/unethical behavior and unresponsiveness are continued on a daily basis against students, teaching staff and parents. I am trying to put together a package to include this type of abuse by educators to send to news media to show this is a problem across the nation - not just in small towns. So far I have found 11 states who have had abuse by teachers/educators. Can anyone add to this list - all I need is the state and maybe a little history of the situation. The more we can gather, the quicker we can get this info to the news and hopefully get some needed attention! Thanks!

CMS
I am from smithville ,Oklahoma another small town .I have the same problem but with a school teacher.she verbally abusive , loves to make sarcastic remarks to children ,some days it my be my child she picks on all day the next day it might be some one elese child ihave done every thing i p[ossibly can do to make school better for my child .I have talked to her ,talked to the princible,and done alot more still no improvement .from the time my child started kindergarden till the fourth grade he was an honor roll student .then in the fourth grade is when we had our first problem with a school teacher assistant my child went from honor roll tomaking flat 0's.after he made it through that grade by a hair his grades came back up but never has been honor roll since .now he is in seventh grade he is failing again but i was pretty sure this was going to happen because i have another son that i went through this with the year before .my oldest son which is in the eighth grade this year spent four and a half weeks in detention before i knew about it just for abook report. what is so bad is i went and talked with this teacher about my childs grades trying to figure what to do about theme she told me she was willing to work with and help him toget his grades up but never told me that my son had already been in detention for two weeks instead i find out from my son two and ahalf weeks later and was furious ofcourse that noone had called meand i asked my son why he didnt say something soon he said because if a parent calls the school about something on her she calls the student a tattle tale or makes worse remarks to embarras the child so he suffered as long as he could stand before he told me .come to find out my child was tested and the only thing he was way below level on was reading a book a telling astory which he told me and his teacher he could not do.just to let you know it took to days after i foound out for him to get the book report done with my help this goes to show you if they would have cared they would have called me instead he was being punished for no reason is how i see it.any way i'm haveing problems with her again and i had ,had enough of the principle saying to me well its he said she said and he didn't have anyproof .well needless to say i got him proof i had my son take a tape recorder and got more proof than i needed and now he is threating me .he told me that it is a federal offense to have a tape recorder without the teachers permission . instead of doing something about her he's trying to scare me .hoping that i will let it go. welli need help because i dont know what else to do but go to school with him everyday . and it is a fight to get him to go to school and these people at this school act as if they don;t know why. thank you for your time if you can help me e-mail me at [email protected] thank you again,
0 Replies