Ladies and Girlie men

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:08 am
As long as the republican party stands at the ready to nit pick and criticize the democrats for every little thing....then they can expect to be crucified for **** like this......it's just that simple.....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:15 am
Quote:
Where's all that enthusiasm for amending the constitution to allow the foreign-born citizen to stand for President?

Personally, I would NEVER approve of that. Foreign born citizens have a myriad of opportunities in the US, but I believe that only a native born citizen should have the ability to become President!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:30 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:
Where's all that enthusiasm for amending the constitution to allow the foreign-born citizen to stand for President?

Personally, I would NEVER approve of that. Foreign born citizens have a myriad of opportunities in the US, but I believe that only a native born citizen should have the ability to become President!

right on, we don't need foreigners in office when we have real live American born and raised citizens willing to sell themselves, their counrty and the people they were elected to serve out for money......go home Ahnold gwb has that covered......
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:09 am
Re: Sexist PIG
Debra_Law wrote:
The remark demonstrates the CA governor is a sexist pig.

Schwarzenegger intended the phrase "girly men" to be an insult. His insult was directed at the state's male legislators--but it is also an insult to women. Although the female legislators are probably just as "guilty" for not getting the budget passed on Arnold's time table, he doesn't even consider women legislators significant enough to address.

He essentially said, "Women are just an obstacle in men's work--and you men are falling down on your jobs--you miserable girly boys."

He was clearly implying that the male legislators didn't have the "balls" or the "testicles" to get the job done. Apparently, anyone with girl-like qualities is unacceptable in Schwarzenegger's view--he only wants people with testicles on his team.

Ahhnold, you are a sexist pig, sexist pig, sexist pig.

You said it debra!

I'm still appalled that a man who has years of a reputation for groping woman and harrassing them, treating them like his own personal toys could become a Gov.

However his supposed claims to be bi-partisan seem to be slipping away.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:13 am
I know I'm biased (cause you never know, maybe one day, a Dutchman campaigning for president :wink: ), but I believe foreigners should be able to run for US presidency. Under certain conditions of course (good English-speaker, familiar with US traditions etc.).

Anyway, Rick d'Israeli for President! Mr. Green
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:54 am
http://cagle.slate.msn.com/working/040720/breen.gif
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:56 am
Republican humor. Quite funny actually.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:57 am
Which does not mean I agree with the statements Arnold S. made.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:10 am
IMHO, Rick should be allowed to run for President. If the majority of citizens want to elect a fuzzy little foreigner, why shouldn't they be allowed to? Of course, I think it's high time we rename the country to "The United States of the World" and invite some more states to join, too.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:14 am
Ehh fuzzy little foreigner? (...) You know, OCCOM BILL, what the majority of the people thinks is not always correct... I mean... ehh... damn dissenter! Anyway, electing me would be the GOOD thing to do. You heard it people! Go USW!
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:18 am
McGentrix wrote:
http://cagle.slate.msn.com/working/040720/breen.gif

What's a "weasle?"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:19 am
It's an Austrian mammal noted for a penchant for political slander and demagoguery.
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:37 am
Lawmakers who don't stand up to special interests.....? Ahnold just caved into the prison guards union. Hell, we had Gov. Gumby (Davis) to do that for us. The LA Times reports this morning a federal judge is considering having the feds take over the entire California Prison system. Ahnold..........Pot? Kettle? Black?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:43 am
I might favor an amendment to allow foreign-born citizens to run for President, if it weren't for the fact that Arnold is the poster child for the campaign. No thanks. He give new meaning to the word "unevolved."
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:59 am
D'artagnan wrote:
I might favor an amendment to allow foreign-born citizens to run for President, if it weren't for the fact that Arnold is the poster child for the campaign. No thanks. He give new meaning to the word "unevolved."

Yeah I'd like to see their faces if say a Muslim ran. Of course they are only thinking of one person and sorry but if Arnold is the best they can do then we are in a heap of trouble.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 10:08 am
Lest we forget, Arnie is an honorary Kennedy AND a Rebublican. Of course the GOP fawns all over him, he's a convert to the dark side. I have it on good authority that when Arnie visits Washington, Cheney wears the Darth Vader mask, and Dubya dresses up like an Ewok.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 10:29 am
Redheat wrote:
D'artagnan wrote:

Yeah I'd like to see their faces if say a Muslim ran. Of course they are only thinking of one person and sorry but if Arnold is the best they can do then we are in a heap of trouble.
What is the reason for this idiotic babble? Who are "they"? It makes little difference who runs... what matters is who wins. Idea

Put the gropinator out of your minds for a moment and I wonder how many of you hyper-partisan folks would be forced to switch sides.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 10:33 am
It is obvious from context that "they" refers to those who propose to amend the constitution to allow a foreign-born citizen to run for President. No mystery there, and there is also no attempt to construct a vague and nebulous conspiracy. It apparently mattered to the framers who runs, otherwise, that qualification would not have been included.

Hyper-partisan? Have you been studying under the tutelage of Ican on how to raise the hysteria level in political debate?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 10:46 am
The framers weren't perfect Set... especially when it came to elections. Look at whom they thought should legally be allowed to vote. Shocked

Setanta wrote:
Hyper-partisan? Have you been studying under the tutelage of Ican on how to raise the hysteria level in political debate?
Nope. Is there a better explanation for why liberal democrats are now arguing to prevent increased rights for immigrants, while staunch conservatives argue to increase them? Laughing Country of laws, not people, remember? Unless of course you are allowing your hyper-partisanship to shine through, you have to realize that the decision to change a law is a hell of a lot bigger than Arnold... no?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 10:53 am
Whose partisanship came first, Bill? I heard no mention of this proposed amendment until Arnold was elected governor...
0 Replies