What/How Will THE DONALD Do at "Debate2"?

revelette2

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:05 am
@Frank Apisa,
I didn't watch it, but going by what I am catching up on reading and clips, you are right. It is not even fun to make fun of. It is scary in fact to think one of those could end up as president.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:08 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

I didn't watch it, but going by what I am catching up on reading and clips, you are right. It is not even fun to make fun of. It is scary in fact to think one of those could end up as president.

I watched every last disgusting minute of it...hoping against hope someone would shine.

Not even the moderators or questioners!!!!
maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
At least the Republicans are having debates... unlike the the Democrats they are having a primary election.

Apparently you don't need that many debates for a coronation.

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:16 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

At least the Republicans are having debates... unlike the the Democrats they are having a primary election.

Apparently you don't need that many debates for a coronation.

The Dems will have debates...and I can almost guarantee they will be a lot more substantive than these farces the Republicans are stuck with.
parados

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:21 am
@maxdancona,
The first Democratic debate will be next month. They have scheduled 6.

http://www.uspresidentialelectionnews.com/2016-debate-schedule/
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:33 am
@Frank Apisa,
What is the source of your confidence? Hillary has proven to be a dull, rather wooden campaigner at best, and she can't seem to shake off her detachment and very obvious sense of entitlement. That puts people off: the more she is seen the less she is liked. Meanwhile public trust in her continues to fall and her dull rhetoric on the supposed "war on women" has become very tiresome. Bernie Sanders can certainly excite the progressive wing of the party, but I think we both believe his ultimate political appeal will be too limited to win.

If Joe Biden enters the race he could add a little excitement and variety, but that would doom Hillary, and the resulting rancor could be very distracting. Moreover Biden will be an excellent target for all who have issues with the Obama presidency. I, could be wrong, but see more negatives there than positives for the Democrats.

There's very obvious democratic competition among the Republican candidates, and last night's debate suggests to me that the days of Trump's attention grabbing monologues may be ending. He isn't nearly so effective in a debate with alert opponents, and as the field narrows a bit, and as the leading candidates refine their games, I see rising appeal there.
engineer

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:37 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

What is the source of your confidence?

Mainly that the candidates like to talk issues and haven't been getting into sniping wars with each other. It might dull people to tears, but I'm pretty sure the Democratic debate will feature a lot of talk on the subjects and the candidates have some significantly different positions.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:39 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

What is the source of your confidence? Hillary has proven to be a dull, rather wooden campaigner at best, and she can't seem to shake off her detachment and very obvious sense of entitlement. That puts people off: the more she is seen the less she is liked. Meanwhile public trust in her continues to fall and her dull rhetoric on the supposed "war on women" has become very tiresome. Bernie Sanders can certainly excite the progressive wing of the party, but I think we both believe his ultimate political appeal will be too limited to win.

If Joe Biden enters the race he could add a little excitement and variety, but that would doom Hillary, and the resulting rancor could be very distracting. Moreover Biden will be an excellent target for all who have issues with the Obama presidency. I, could be wrong, but see more negatives there than positives for the Democrats.

There's very obvious democratic competition among the Republican candidates, and last night's debate suggests to me that the days of Trump's attention grabbing monologues may be ending. He isn't nearly so effective in a debate with alert opponents, and as the field narrows a bit, and as the leading candidates refine their games, I see rising appeal there.

George, I do not see any of that impacting on what I said:

Quote:
The Dems will have debates...and I can almost guarantee they will be a lot more substantive than these farces the Republicans are stuck with.

I stand by that.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:41 am
@georgeob1,
Actually Obama's poll numbers have gone up in recent weeks, surprising that.

Hillary seemed to have lost her "wooden look" last night on Fallon.

Watch: Fallon And Hillary Roast Donald Trump For His Bigotry Towards Women & Immigrants
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:45 am
@Frank Apisa,
Considering all the names of all the people able to serve as president, a poll with just Bush and Clinton as the serious names on the ballot sounds more like hereditary privilege than democracy.

At least we don't let our monarchs make any decisions that actually matter.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:49 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Considering all the names of all the people able to serve as president, a poll with just Bush and Clinton as the serious names on the ballot sounds more like hereditary privilege than democracy.

At least we don't let our monarchs make any decisions that actually matter.

What on Earth is giving you the idea that the only serious names on the ballot are Bush and Clinton?

Neither is even leading the race for his/her party.

Try to keep up, Izzy.
revelette2

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:52 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
At least we don't let our monarchs make any decisions that actually matter

Why have them then?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 02:19 pm
@revelette2,
Your media conglomerates would never allow it.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 02:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,
It could happen though, doesn't say much for diversity.
revelette2

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 02:34 pm
@izzythepush,
Question
izzythepush

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 02:43 pm
@revelette2,
http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/files/2011/03/CNNRoyals.jpg
http://static01.nyt.com/images/2011/05/02/business/02nbc1_span/02nbc1_span-articleLarge.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aisledash.com/media/2010/11/royal-wedding-fox-news-345ac112910_284x213.jpg
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 03:20 pm
@revelette2,
Yeah. Sad
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2015 02:58 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It could happen though, doesn't say much for diversity.

You wrote:

Quote:

I asked:

Quote:
What on Earth is giving you the idea that the only serious names on the ballot are Bush and Clinton?

Any answer?
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2015 02:59 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Question

It is called, "avoiding the question."
izzythepush

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2015 03:02 am
@Frank Apisa,
You don't think Clinton is the Democrat front runner? As for the rest Jeb Bush is the only one anyone's heard of other than Trump.

There's no point arguing over what's not happened yet. Let's wait and see, we can dish out plaudits/admonitions then.