Do you live on the Cape?
0 Replies

Sagamore

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 06:42 am
the cape of what?
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 06:59 am
The Cape of Cod! Cape Cod, MA, where there is the famed Sagamore Bridge. I was just wondering if you're named after it. Wink
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 07:24 am
Well brace yourself folks. Seems Bush's approval numbers are slowly improving and it's still four months away from the election for them to get really good. Smile
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 07:27 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Well brace yourself folks. Seems Bush's approval numbers are slowly improving and it's still four months away from the election for them to get really good. Smile

What numbers are you referring to?

He's lost substanial leads in states he easily won in 2000. Kerry leads in Battle ground states. Undecideds are decreasing. He's lost support in the Arab communities, Hispanic communities and even some in the Cuban community. Along with this he has lost support in with Independents.

I guess if you look at only ONE set of numbers on a biased poll he will always be doing well. However if you actually take the time to look at the big picture he's not fairing as well. Plus he's below 50% re-election and as far as I know no incumbant has won with a below 50% re-election number this close to the election.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 07:43 am
We interrupt your regularly scheduled ABB Circle-jerk to remind you of what Clinton didn't do.

1. He gave North Korea a windfall of support while they proliferated WMD rather than ending the NUCLEAR crisis like his own Military Advisors suggested. Idea

2. He allowed Saddam Hussein to throw out the weapons inspectors, effectively allowing the gap in intelligence that resulted in faulty guesswork. Spin it any way you want folks; if the UN had remained, there would have been no reason to rely on questionable Intel. Idea

3. Citing a survey of historians, who ultimately gave Clinton great grades as a President, lets examine where they thought his short comings were, shall we? Cool

Out of 41 Presidents, he ranked 39th in foreign policy accomplishments. Idea
Out of 41 Presidents, he ranked 38th in integrity. Idea

Hmmm. Does that mean he was an untrustworthy man with horrible foreign policy? Hmmm. Idea

We now return you to your regularly scheduled ABB Circle-jerk. Cool
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 07:48 am
Oh, yeah, before you start whining... here is my source. Cool
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 07:53 am
Redheat writes:
Quote:
I guess if you look at only ONE set of numbers on a biased poll he will always be doing well. However if you actually take the time to look at the big picture he's not fairing as well. Plus he's below 50% re-election and as far as I know no incumbant has won with a below 50% re-election number this close to the election.

No prior incumbant has never had to devote all but eight months of his first term to dealing with a very real and very serious terrorist threat following a massive attack against Americans in America. Rasmussen has GWB's approval rating at 53% for the last couple of days, up from below 50% following the Dems Veep announcement. All other scores are also slowly coming up on Rasmussen. (I follow Rasmussen since they take daily polls at different times of day and may get a more objective cross section. I realize Rasumussen frequently disagrees with polls run by the alphabet news sources that are primarily pro-Kerry.) Zogby doesn't run their polls often enough to suit me but Zogby does tend to be more favorable for Kerry.

Anyhow you may be right Redheat. Will you buy me a cappucino if Bush wins?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 07:58 am
Timberlandko just posted this on the 'bookie' thread:

Quote:
While none of the individual numbers in and of themselves mean much, if anything, considered in the aggregate and with an eye toward trendings, they well may show an evolution in overall voter perception, an evolution not confidence-inspiring for The Opposition; by an averaqge of then-contemporary polls, at this point in 1988, Dukakis had an upper-teens advantage over the incumbent Reagan.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 08:06 am
Re: It's now official: W can't win.
Foxfyre wrote:

He does seem to have both extremes of our political spectrum pissed off at him in nearly equal measure. To me at least that says he's doing a lot of things right.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 08:07 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
We interrupt your regularly scheduled ABB Circle-jerk to remind you of what Clinton didn't do.

1. He gave North Korea a windfall of support while they proliferated WMD rather than ending the NUCLEAR crisis like his own Military Advisors suggested. Idea

2. He allowed Saddam Hussein to throw out the weapons inspectors, effectively allowing the gap in intelligence that resulted in faulty guesswork. Spin it any way you want folks; if the UN had remained, there would have been no reason to rely on questionable Intel. Idea

3. Citing a survey of historians, who ultimately gave Clinton great grades as a President, lets examine where they thought his short comings were, shall we? Cool

Out of 41 Presidents, he ranked 39th in foreign policy accomplishments. Idea
Out of 41 Presidents, he ranked 38th in integrity. Idea

Hmmm. Does that mean he was an untrustworthy man with horrible foreign policy? Hmmm. Idea

We now return you to your regularly scheduled ABB Circle-jerk. Cool

1. What the F*** does Clinton have to do with this?

2. Do you happen to have source other then your imagination?

3. Laughing All this was really irrelevant in anthing dealing with the 2004 election Rolling Eyes

Quote:
I follow Rasmussen since they take daily polls at different times of day and may get a more objective cross section. I realize Rasumussen frequently disagrees with polls run by the alphabet news sources that are primarily pro-Kerry.)

Well of course you do they are a right wing source! How bi-partisan of you Rolling Eyes However even in that polling Bush is still losing leads in states that he carried easily along with the voting blocks I mentioned.

Polling Report.com has polls from all different sources if you truly want something that gives an "objective cross section"
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 08:18 am
Redheat wrote:

1. What the F*** does Clinton have to do with this?
You'll have to ask Princesspupule, since I was merely responding to her post.

Redheat wrote:
2. Do you happen to have source other then your imagination?
Already listed, though I see not in time to prevent the whining. :wink:

Redheat wrote:
3. Laughing All this was really irrelevant in anything dealing with the 2004 election Rolling Eyes
All this was a direct response to Princesspupule's post, and a couple that followed it. You are not the only person on this thread attracting responses. Get over it. :wink:
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 08:24 am
Rasmussen is right wing? Boy that would sure surprise Scott Rasmussen who I believe once said he was registered independent.

Quote:
WAXHAW, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 14, 2000

TownPages Subsidiary Ranked First Followed by Gallup and Zogby

TownPagesNet.com (AMEX: TPN), today announced that an independent analysis of pre-election polls and actual primary results found that its subsidiary Rasmussen Research most accurately predicted the outcomes of the Presidential Primary elections this year. Gallup and Zogby finished a close second and third.

The Washington, DC-based Progressive Review, (www.prorev.com) which conducted the "Primary Pollster Run-Off ", ranked Rasmussen Research number one in accuracy. Sam Smith, the magazine's publisher, commented, "the results suggest that, contrary to popular myth, polls do work, but that some work considerably better than others." "

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2000_March_14/ai_60084288
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 08:31 am
princesspupule wrote:

Last March GWB announced adding 21,000 jobs for the whole country in February. Compare this to President Clinton's averag of 239,000 jobs per month for all 96 months of his Presidency.

During Clinton's two terms, the median income for American families increased by a solid 15% after inflation, according to Census Bureau figures. But it rose even faster for African Americans (33%) and Hispanics (24%) than it did for whites (14%). Families in the bottom fifth of the income distribution saw their incomes increase faster than those in the top 5%. In 2002(halfway thrugh Dubya's term) median income had declined 0.8%

Clinton's whole contribution to our economy consisted of three things near as I can tell, i.e. signing rather than vetoeing Republican sponsored legislation, trade with China which is problematical at best, and the dot-com bubble which collapsed around the same time as 9-11.

All of which was a horribly high price to pay for the malfeasance which led directly to 9-11, and by that I mean not only the decimation of our military and the non-response to terrorist acts prior to 9-11, but also Jamie Gorelick's "wall" between our CIA and FBI which was clearly intended to prevent investigations into the treasonous scandal known as Chinagate.

Moreover, the price-tags for other pieces of Clinton stupidity which have not yet come due will be substantially higher than 9-11. The price tag for Kosovo, for instance, is going to be having the UN come over here demanding that we hand Texas, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, and California straight over to Mexico/Atzlan on the same basis of ethnicity being everything and rightful ownership and sovereignty not meaning anything anymore.

Kurt Welden of Pa. who is one of the more major experts in foreign policy in congress has termed the Clinton foreign policy an unmitigated disaster, all around the globe.

George W. Bush has been trying to undo the damage for the last four years.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 12:48 pm
Quote:
at this point in 1988, Dukakis had an upper-teens advantage over the incumbent Reagan.

Hmm. I didn't know Reagan was available for re-election in 1988.

That kind of makes your stat a little, ya know, tangential....

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 12:50 pm
Quote:
Moreover, the price-tags for other pieces of Clinton stupidity which have not yet come due will be substantially higher than 9-11. The price tag for Kosovo, for instance, is going to be having the UN come over here demanding that we hand Texas, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, and California straight over to Mexico/Atzlan on the same basis of ethnicity being everything and rightful ownership and sovereignty not meaning anything anymore.

This is beyond ridiculous.

Quote:
Kurt Welden of Pa. who is one of the more major experts in foreign policy in congress has termed the Clinton foreign policy an unmitigated disaster, all around the globe.

Amazingly, you go into even further realms of fantasy in the same post. Kudos!
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 06:51 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

I agree! Bizarre!

Quote:

Hahahahaha! Now I see how it is... Smile

Amazingly, you go into even further realms of fantasy in the same post. Kudos!

Quite right.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 07:06 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

How and why? What's wrong with the analogy?
0 Replies