Look All You Good And Decent Christians

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:58 am
I'm a Christian so I hope that I am not bashing my own beliefs.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 10:20 am
McGentrix wrote:
Gotta love the continued Christian bashing. What's the next thread going to bash? Hindu's? Jews? Or, maybe we could expand it a bit and include women, or blacks! That should be fun for you guys too!

I have to second the thoughts presented already regarding this quote. Humorous bashing between ethnic groups can actually breed understanding, and communication. I suppose that's where the liberal perspective differs from the Conservative. I might even suggest that Conservatives are more PC than Liberals, most likely out of fear that many of their ilk are actually serious regarding their slurs. I'm disappointed, McG. This post actually sounds like a dreaded liberal rant about being sensitive to special interest groups. Are you off your game today?
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 11:15 am
Re: Look All You Good And Decent Christians
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
princesspupule wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
What are you whining about? The more gay marriages and liberal outrages that reach high heaven, the sooner Jesus returns and you get to go to heaven and not have to hang around with the great unwashed low lifes here on Earth.

Can't you think this through and shut thell up?

What makes you think that God or Jesus really care about whether we marry the opposite sex or not? Jesus doesn't ever address homosexuality one way or the other.

If indeed, WE ARE MADE IN GOD'S IMAGE, it is only logical to assume that God is, as we are, comprised of carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, and nitrogen, and the other 22 elements. Why should anyone assume any more than that- if they think it through?

I think you may have missed the point of the post....

The point was to bash christian believers and link them to the idiots all riled up about legalizing gay marriage, right? If so, then you didn't understand the point of my post, which was to point out that THAT is fuzzy reasoning, illogical. I was trying to remove the fuzz from your first point that missed its mark... :wink:
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 12:08 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Gotta love the continued Christian bashing. What's the next thread going to bash? Hindu's? Jews? Or, maybe we could expand it a bit and include women, or blacks! That should be fun for you guys too!

You may have a point McG... but face the facts.

Seems like now Christians and Moslems are the only legitimate targets.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 01:19 pm
(mumbling) christians....ugh Rolling Eyes

the only people who are against gay marriages are the arrogant people who think that thier religion is the only one and the only way. Such closeminded people need to have closed mouths. . but that is just my opinion :wink:
And if having gay marriages will bring Jesus back sooner then I will marry a woman so he can come get his crazy followers off my planet Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 02:24 pm
Why should gays have the right to marry?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 02:30 pm
first...I'm joining other A2Kers that will never respond to Karzak.

Second my point is not to bash Christians, but rather bash the fact that all the horrible things happening, all the discord all the sins and backsliding from God that you are whining about are exactly the signs that the end time is near. The end time means Jesus comes back for you. That's the whole idea.....so again I ask, what's the beef? It's all happening according to God's plan from his word to our ears. Are you afraid of Christ's return?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 02:34 pm
gay = merry = marry. That is as sound an argument for it as the Republican one is against it. Just so everyone knows, this was not a response to Karzak, just an opinion.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 02:45 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
first...I'm joining other A2Kers that will never respond to Karzak.

Second my point is not to bash Christians, but rather bash the fact that all the horrible things happening, all the discord all the sins and backsliding from God that you are whining about are exactly the signs that the end time is near. The end time means Jesus comes back for you. That's the whole idea.....so again I ask, what's the beef? It's all happening according to God's plan from his word to our ears. Are you afraid of Christ's return?

You don't know that. No one does.

36 No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. Matthew 24: 36-39
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 02:48 pm
the bible also goes on to talk about all the sins, wars, rumours of wars and false messiahs that will mark the end times.

And the Christian right themselves are constantly talking about how all the things going on in the world are signs of the approaching end...you know that....

So again I ask, what's the beef? Who cares what the world does?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 04:16 pm
When i read in Revelations, with regard to the heavenly city, that: " . . . without are the whores and the whoremongers and the dogs . . . "

The dogs ? ! ? ! ?

That's when i decided that perpetual psalm-singing at the foot of the throne of god was not for me.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 04:39 pm
It's more than I can Bear myself....
0 Replies

angie

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 05:31 pm
Princess wrote : "Jesus doesn't ever address homosexuality one way or the other."

I often wonder why this fact is never mentioned by Christians opposed to gay marriage. Then I realize that it doesn't serve their purpose.

Jesus never mentioned any opposition to homosexuality. He was the ultimate proponent of inclusivity. The groups he really came out strongly against were hypocrites and moneychangers. I often wonder how he'd feel about the evangelicals raising huge sums of money in "his" name on TV today ?
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 05:43 pm
bear, you be goin' to hell. jesus has arrived and he's promoting true value in texas.

i hear he's set to appear at a karaoke bar in n. carolina next Very Happy
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 05:49 pm
pueo wrote:
bear, you be goin' to hell. jesus has arrived and he's promoting true value in texas.

i hear he's set to appear at a karaoke bar in n. carolina next Very Happy

Glad to hear he's landed that lucrative hardware store endorsement, and I hope he draws as much business to my show as Lou Diamond Phillips did.....
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:15 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
the bible also goes on to talk about all the sins, wars, rumours of wars and false messiahs that will mark the end times.

And the Christian right themselves are constantly talking about how all the things going on in the world are signs of the approaching end...you know that....

So again I ask, what's the beef? Who cares what the world does?

Oh, I see. You were addressing the conservative judgmental christians. Not we good and decent christians. Rolling Eyes You were poking fun at those few christian souls who expected the apocalypse over gay marriage. But, as I attempted to point out before, gay marriage isn't even a blip on God's radar; this doesn't rate the end times. Now, to answer your question, "What's the beef? Who cares what the world does?" There is no real beef. The bible scripture is written by man, not God himself. It is a human response to the initiative of God. There are plenty of christian denominations and sects, each with a slightly different take on what is written and what it all means. All the ones rooted in the Pauline church care about the world, and what it does. They also try to live up to what each individual believes Jesus would do in our place. That is a key factor in belonging to the body of the christian church. We all care. Because we care, we try to convince others to do what is best for them and for the world. Now, unfortunately, they don't always listen. And some emmisaries of Christ are hung up on their own biases. Their biases, not God's. Not every offense is worthy of bringing on the end times. We don't know quite what things will be beyond some vague guidelines. Many people didn't understand why the end didn't come after WW2, and it may be on its way. The way may take a millenium or longer, we just don't know and aren't supposed to know. Since we don't know, we have to care.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:18 pm
you don't get my post and don't want to. no use discussing it. don't be offended, I'm not.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:28 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
you don't get my post and don't want to. no use discussing it. don't be offended, I'm not.

I think I do. I can't tell whether you are or aren't a christian and asking questions not necessarily in order to understand; you probably thought you were just making assinine comments intended to bring about guffaws and poke fun at a group you don't understand. You showed a curiosity by doing that. God loves you, bipolar bear. You were made in God's image and are important to God. :wink:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:32 pm
thanks for the condecension. I AM a believer in God and Christ and always have been. so you see you dont know as much as you think. It is Christians I find pretty sad and I mistrust. especially the holier than thou kind.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 07:28 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I AM a believer in God and Christ and always have been. so you see you dont know as much as you think. It is Christians I find pretty sad and I mistrust. especially the holier than thou kind.

I agree with you completely. Many Christians (not all) spend so much time ranting and raving and condemning they forget what the true meaning of being a Christian is, which bringing the best you have to offer to improve the lives of others for the short time we are in this world. This could be through monetary / material donations to those less fortunate, lending a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen, brightening a strangers day by saying hello (you'd be amazed at the difference this can make to someone!) or just by simply loving.

One thing that I have to say I agreed with growing up as a Catholic (which I do not practice any longer because of hypocricy) was the phrase "Hate the sin, love the sinner". Just because you disagree with something someone is doing does not automatically make them a bad person. Many Christians are too quick to judge and forget that they themselves are sinners.
0 Replies