Look All You Good And Decent Christians

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 02:50 pm
What are you whining about? The more gay marriages and liberal outrages that reach high heaven, the sooner Jesus returns and you get to go to heaven and not have to hang around with the great unwashed low lifes here on Earth.

Can't you think this through and shut thell up?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,292 • Replies: 40
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 03:12 pm
(To paraphrase South Park) What what what???

Thinking Christians....what a concept! Now, I don't condemn the entire Christian community. They are more fractured in their beliefs and practices than the Hindus these days. There are many Christians on these very boards I admire, and many I simply roll my eyes at, virtually. Here is my plan. When Jesus returns to earth, I will present him with a copy of the New Testament, in English, and ask him to read it. I expect the response will be "What in god's name is this?" Then I'll say, "Sorry dude, someone stole your pen."
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 03:15 pm
cavfancier wrote:
When Jesus returns to earth, I will present him with a copy of the New Testament, in English, and ask him to read it. I expect the response will be "What in god's name is this?" Then I'll say, "Sorry dude, someone stole your pen."

Love it!!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 04:04 pm
Is there an outrage meter in heaven?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 04:28 pm
dlowan wrote:
Is there an outrage meter in heaven?

Must be...Lucifer was cast out for outrage.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 04:30 pm
When Jesus returns he's going to be so busy with endorsment contracts he won't have time to think about gay marraiges and such. Could you imagine, "Drive the car that Jesus drives" or "Jesus drinks Pepsi - NOT Coke!"
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 01:51 am
LOL!
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 03:34 am
Re: Look All You Good And Decent Christians
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
What are you whining about? The more gay marriages and liberal outrages that reach high heaven, the sooner Jesus returns and you get to go to heaven and not have to hang around with the great unwashed low lifes here on Earth.

What makes you think that God or Jesus really care about whether we marry the opposite sex or not? Jesus doesn't ever address homosexuality one way or the other.

If indeed, WE ARE MADE IN GOD'S IMAGE, it is only logical to assume that God is, as we are, comprised of carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, and nitrogen, and the other 22 elements. Why should anyone assume any more than that- if they think it through?
0 Replies

smog

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 03:37 am
NickFun wrote:
"Jesus drinks Pepsi - NOT Coke!"

Jesus would never drink the inferior beverage. He's Jesus; he deserves better than Pepsi.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 05:29 am
Obviously Smog is a follower of Satan!
0 Replies

smog

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 05:38 am
Nope. I just think that the Son of God and Savior of Man is worthy of the best we have to offer. (For the record, though, I'm Christian.)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 06:38 am
princesspupule wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

What makes you think that God or Jesus really care about whether we marry the opposite sex or not? Jesus doesn't ever address homosexuality one way or the other.

If indeed, WE ARE MADE IN GOD'S IMAGE, it is only logical to assume that God is, as we are, comprised of carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, and nitrogen, and the other 22 elements. Why should anyone assume any more than that- if they think it through?

I think you may have missed the point of the post....
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 06:52 am
I suspect God swings both ways.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:37 am
quote]
Jesus would never drink the inferior beverage. He's Jesus; he deserves better than Pepsi.[/quote]

God will get you for that Smog. And just wait till the new "Jesus Frosted Flakes" hit the shelves. "The ONLY breakfast cereal endorsed by the Almighty himself!" All other cereals won't stand a chance.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:45 am
princesspupule wrote:

While I do not believe that God is anything human, I agree that we are made in his image. God is neither man nor woman. Our souls were made in his image, not our bodies. Our bodies are just shells. What counts is what we have in our souls and that is what is mirrored from God.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:01 am
Would Jesus vote Republican or Democrat?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:03 am
Hey-Zeus would not be able to vote . . . no established residency, no citizenship papers . . . damned Palestinian, he can go back where he came from . . .
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:06 am
Before you know it, Jesus ends up in Guantanamo Bay Shocked
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:11 am
Gotta love the continued Christian bashing. What's the next thread going to bash? Hindu's? Jews? Or, maybe we could expand it a bit and include women, or blacks! That should be fun for you guys too!
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:16 am
In contrast with the real die-hard racists, we're not serious (or at least, not me).
0 Replies