Importing CNC from China Problems and solutions

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2015 09:07 am
Hello, can anyone please help me make heads or tales of this conversation? It takes place between the manufacturer of the CNC equipment that I'm importing (Sam), the importer here in the USA who's supposed to be helping me (Dennis) and myself. The other party, who is mentioned in this email conversation, is Bill and he is a friend who imported the same equipment with the help of the same company and importer.

RE: Reply:BL/SAM/GWEIKE/CHINA/2015.9.11!
Dennis Napier Add to contacts 9/11/15 Keep this message at the top of your inbox
To: 'Chris Knight'
[email protected]
Chris,

Have been going back and forth with our partners in China to I.D. this with your supplier and they kept telling them they had no idea who you were and no such order. We wanted to confirm details so we could quote it all for you.

If your suupplier is moving this they had better get you the ISF details and you need to get us a proforma invoice which we previously asked for. Once we have this we can work on the ISF confirmation and provide you quote to clear and deliver.

If they have a draft of the Bill of Lading get that as well from them please.

Thanks,

Dennis Napier
dear as this time the ship is from qingdao port to chicago port directly,shipping company just let ourside filled ACI etc,they said importer no need fill and submit ISF in their local place before set sail as usual.you will get all machines and parts,please don't worry.

here is the copy of bl for your reference,please check out.but this is just draft one,not the final bl,it seems the shipping company informations in your local place on bl is valid.can contact them for detail.

please let me know you need surrender/telex release bill of loading and insurance policy as bill? or need original ones?then i can let ourside shipping company provide final bl for you.

sam

Sam,

Not sure what you are saying about NO NEED TO FILE ISF? Totally incorrect and need the ISF info in next 24 hours. Get your forwarder in copy here to get this done and you can then stay out of it after that. WE NEED THE ISF document for sure overnight.

Thank you for good cooperation
Sam this is the same guy who helped bill import the laser cutter he purchased from you. We need the ISF ASAP please!

Chris Knight

Need CI & PL documents overnight please / need reply ASAP before you ship! WCS#TBA
Dennis Napier Add to contacts 9/13/15 Keep this message at the top of your inbox
To: 'GWEIKE SAM', 'Chris Knight'
[email protected]
Sam,

Also, send us a proforma invoice or the actual Commercial Invoice and Packing list for this shipment. Need it overnight. Thank you……

Dennis Napier

dear Chris and Dennis:

1.dear bill machine even same port with you,but it seems his transshiped from LOS ANGELES.but yours machine is directly to chicago port,so no need to deal with ISF.

2.and i checked with related shipping company again,they suggest me send the following ACI NO.to you:
8000 CODE:8FG4 ACI NO.TAOCHI00588

3.here are the original letters (in chinese)related shipping company worker said to me.i translate to english for your reference.
it seems we cooperated with this shipping company since our company setted,at least more than ten years,so it seems there will be no problem.if your machine held up for what you said ISF,we will find them for you ok?

4.把这个ACI NO.给你客户吧 这个不用录入ISF,如果客户不明白 问问我们代理或者他自己的清关行都行
please give your customer this ACI NO. There's NO need to input the ISF, if customers don't understand,please ask our agent which wrote on bl or his own BROKER are all ok.
so please call the agent on bl for sure ok?

5.by the way,the ship setted sail on sep 13 in chinese time,one day later than plan.

6.here are CI,PL,final draft bl, for your reference.
shipping company can send me official BL,insurance policy after yourside let me know need surrender/telex release BL and insurance policy(can send by email) or need original BL and insurance policy(must send by express)?

Thanks & Regards
Ms Sam

Sam,

As previously stated you need to get the forwarder involved as you are confused apparently.

This shipment to Chicago doesn’t look like it is coming over Canada and an ISF is required.

回复: RE: Reply: Need CI & PL documents /SAM/GWEIKE/CHINA/2015.9.14!
GWEIKE SAM Add to contacts 9/14/15 Keep this message at the top of your inbox
To: Dennis Napier Cc: Chris Knight
[email protected]

dear we said to you many times,no need ISF,and said to you call the
agent on bl ok?there are agent contact informations on bl,dennis don,t believe what we said,chris pkease you call the agent on bl ok?please.it is very simple,call them youside will know.

Sorry but you showed via arrival Port of Los Angeles which is not Canada.

Asked release agent and they are like you, not informative but just all insistent.

Where is your forwarder? Who is your forwarder? What is the problem you can’t answer this?

Dennis Napier

Why did you provide the ISF for Bill's laser but not mine? Also, we you google whether or not you need to file an ISF or not it sates, "n January 26, 2009, the new rule titled Importer Security Filing and Additional Carrier Requirements (commonly known as “10+2”) went into effect. This new rule applies to import cargo arriving to the United States by vessel. Failure to comply with the new rule could ultimately result in monetary penalties, increased inspections and delay of cargo. The information submitted in Importer Security Filings improves U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) ability to identify high-risk shipments in order to prevent smuggling and ensure cargo safety and security."

That seems very straight forward Sam. It says you must file an ISF if you are importing via a ocean vessel. Says if I don't monetary penalties, increased inspections and delay of cargo apply.

Chris

dear there are what shipping company just reply, 这都走了多少货了,一直这么操作,我们也不可能放着客户的isf不弄 给客户耽误啊不是?好好跟客户说说吧,的确是不需要的,请放心。we ship many goods,this line aways operate without ISF. we could not keep customers delay if need yes? To tell the customer about it, is really don't need, please rest assured. 刚又核实了,到chicago直拼的,船会在王子港(PRINCE RUPERT)挂港,但是不会拆箱不会转船,只是在那里挂港,然后再到最终目的港,这个 王子港 是加拿大港口,所以咱们录入的是aci,而不是ams,所以没有isf信息 Just check again, to Chicago straight spell, will ship in the port of PRINCE, PRINCE RUPERT) port, but not split open a case not transshipment, just hanging there port, then to the final destination, the PRINCE is Canada port, so let's enter the aci, rather than the ams, so there is no isf information. that is bill machine from Los Angeles,but your machine hanging prince rupert,so no need.hope can understand.

So now you say Port of Discharge is Prince Rupert? Previously it showed in your email it was coming via Los Angeles.

BTW how come if cargo is sold FOB Port you as seller/shipper decide to route cargo and create such confusion? Cargo routing is responsibility of buyer not seller.

Confirm terms of shipping & terms of sale.

Also, who is the forwarder ex China? And why do you try to act as forwarder?

Dennis Napier

dear i didn't want to reply you,but in order to respect our customer,reply finally...

1.on sep 14 email,1.dear bill machine even same port with you,but it seems his transshiped from LOS ANGELES.but yours machine is directly to chicago port,so no need to deal with ISF.

it seems hanging prince rupert not transport.

2.dear it seems you are not clear enough,the term is CIF Chicago,any doult suggest check with chris.

3.for CIF,usually Cargo routing decide by shipping company.chinese forwarder just contact seller not buyer directly.

4.shipping company can send me official BL,insurance policy after yourside let me know need surrender/telex release BL and insurance policy(can send by email) or need original BL and insurance policy(must send by express)? i already said to you several times,please confirm.

Thanks & Regards
Ms Sam

There are also some attachments involved here if anyone needs to see them but none has a ISF number.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,612 • Replies: 0
No top replies