Unfair and unbalanced

georgeob1

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2015 05:37 pm
@snood,
Apart from their different political perspectives do you really see any difference between Dan Rather and Bill O'Reilly????
snood

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2015 08:03 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Apart from their different political perspectives do you really see any difference between Dan Rather and Bill O'Reilly????

Four question marks - impressive, and dramatic. I salute you sir. Yeah, I see a difference between Rather and O'Reilly - a whole panoramic high definition bunch of difference. But I won't waste my time trying to explain it to you. You are amusing to trade light superficial banter with, but retrograde and parochial to the point of uselessness for substantive discussion.

You were characteristically ass-backward trying to make a snarky point that there was a difference between Strom Thurmond and the Dixiecrats (hint: there isn't any substantive difference - the defining characteristic of both Thurmond and the Dixicrats was opposition to civil rights), so you certainly can't be expected to see the obvious differences between Rather and O'Reilly. Differences that are equally as self evident as the equivalency between Thurmond and the racist Dixiecrat assholes who seceded from the DemocratIC party. All of which - along with the time it took me to write this response - is lost on you.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2015 08:18 pm
@snood,
OMG, yes there is a huge difference between Rather and O'Reilly. O'Reilly is an opinion hawker, Rather is a journalist. If anyone can remember back to the Anna Nicole Smith tragedy, all the networks opened every broadcast with that story....Rather reported it, but he refused to start with that story. That might have been the turning point when news became just celebrity worship and Americans decided they would rather watch TMZ than all that boring crap about real serious and boring stuff.

Oh, the humanity.
snood

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2015 08:36 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

OMG, yes there is a huge difference between Rather and O'Reilly. O'Reilly is an opinion hawker, Rather is a journalist. If anyone can remember back to the Anna Nicole Smith tragedy, all the networks opened every broadcast with that story....Rather reported it, but he refused to start with that story. That might have been the turning point when news became just celebrity worship and Americans decided they would rather watch TMZ than all that boring crap about real serious and boring stuff.

Oh, the humanity.

Yes! I see it now! Of course you and the other fuckwit are right, and not only that - visionary, with such a refined and urbane sense of irony. Rather and O'Reilly are virtually interchangeable! Thank you for enlightening me! I shall endeavor from hereon to be worthy to even stand and silently witness your illuminating observations. Very Happy
georgeob1

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2015 08:40 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Four question marks - impressive, and dramatic. I salute you sir. Yeah, I see a difference between Rather and O'Reilly - a whole panoramic high definition bunch of difference. But I won't waste my time trying to explain it to you. You are amusing to trade light superficial banter with, but retrograde and parochial to the point of uselessness for substantive discussion.

You were characteristically ass-backward trying to make a snarky point that there was a difference between Strom Thurmond and the Dixiecrats (hint: there isn't any substantive difference - the defining characteristic of both Thurmond and the Dixicrats was opposition to civil rights), so you certainly can't be expected to see the obvious differences between Rather and O'Reilly. Differences that are equally as self evident as the equivalency between Thurmond and the racist Dixiecrat assholes who seceded from the DemocratIC party. All of which - along with the time it took me to write this response - is lost on you.

I think your reading comprenension might leave something to be desired. I made no distinction whatever between Strom Thurmond and the other Dixiecrats. I was instead dealing with your strange adoption of the grammatical illusion that yours should be called the Democratic party (as if the other isn't) - I asked you if you thought Strom and the Dixiecrats should be called the Dixiecratic wing of the party by way of gently suggesting the absurdity of your contention. Perhaps you didn't get it.

You offer nothing here with which to back up your contention about Dan Rather, just as you offered nothing to back up your earlier grammatical delusion. Despite this you are very quick to criticize and pass sweeping judgment on others.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2015 08:49 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

Oh, the humanity.

Yes! I see it now! Of course you and the other fuckwit are right, and not only that - visionary, with such a refined and urbane sense of irony. Rather and O'Reilly are virtually interchangeable! Thank you for enlightening me! I shall endeavor from hereon to be worthy to even stand and silently witness your illuminating observations. Very Happy

Goddammit Glitterbag! How dare you agree with Snood?! Can't you see that he has reading issues right now and that he can't possibly be asked to actually read your or George's posts? He's got so much rage inside him that he will always just jump to the wrong conclusions.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2015 11:23 pm
@maxdancona,
Max I really get nervious when people say things like he hasent a chance to become president. I think Ronny Raygun and Bush 2 and become really nervous.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2015 11:40 pm
@RABEL222,
What are you talking about Rabel?

Ronald Reagan was a popular two term governor of California before he ran for the presidency. And George Jr. was the governor of Texas and had family connections. No one would have said that either of these men didn't have a chance.

I promise you Trump doesn't have a chance.

Foofie

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:33 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Ronald Reagan was a popular two term governor of California before he ran for the presidency. And George Jr. was the governor of Texas and had family connections. No one would have said that either of these men didn't have a chance.

I'm not even sure a Republican has a chance, based on the manner of electing a President with an Electoral College. Live in a blue state, and a Republican voter is just wasting a vote, in my opinion.

When the universal draft ended, I believe we started to evolve into a population where many believe that one should be entitled to all the goodies of life, barring a yacht.
engineer

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:39 am
@Foofie,
You mean I'm not getting my yacht??
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 03:14 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Hope you're right. Right now, I am seeing a universe full of candidates I wish hadn't a chance.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 04:19 pm
@maxdancona,
If the people will elect someone who was already afflicted with early alzheimer's which was covered up by giving him scripts to speak into television cameras which most people thought were extemporaneous speaches, what makes you thing an idiot like Trump wont be able to pull the wool over the eyes of an under educated U S populace?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 04:23 pm
@Foofie,
If the popular vote was what elected presidents Bush wouldent have been elected in 2000. Or 2004 because he wouldent have been president.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 04:27 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

If the popular vote was what elected presidents Bush wouldent have been elected in 2000. Or 2004 because he wouldent have been president.

If pigs could fly bacon would be a lot more expensive because the pork supply would be hard to catch.

Same relevance to reality as your comment.

Games have rules, and good sports dont complain about the rules when they lose.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 05:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Games have rules, and good sports dont complain about the rules when they lose.

Someone should tell that to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 05:52 pm
@maxdancona,
Have not followed, but I do know that victim culture has widely advertised the theory that if we dont get what we want the rules are to blame, not us, not our poor performance. We are supposed to get what ever we want dont ya know, refusing to learn and execute skills is not supposed to decide that we dont.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2015 09:54 pm
@hawkeye10,
So you see government as a game. I think I am beginning to partly understand your views. Not that I agree.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2015 10:27 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

So you see government as a game. I think I am beginning to partly understand your views. Not that I agree.

I am Zen, everything is a game.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2015 02:22 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
maxdancona wrote:

I'm not even sure a Republican has a chance, based on the manner of electing a President with an Electoral College. Live in a blue state, and a Republican voter is just wasting a vote, in my opinion.

When the universal draft ended, I believe we started to evolve into a population where many believe that one should be entitled to all the goodies of life, barring a yacht.

Actually the Republicans are virtually guaranteed to win in 2016, due to the long-term impact of the 2013 gun control debacle.

No Democratic candidate will manage to get any traction in 2016. Look at the way Hillary is slipping. The same will happen to any other Democratic candidate this time around.

At this point Democrats may as well start thinking about 2024. It'll be the next time they have a chance to win.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2015 02:46 am
@oralloy,
I am sure according to you the prime reason Bush failed in the debate was because he called for new gun control laws. Right?