First Date Confusion

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2015 01:00 pm
A little confused about a recent date I had with a man that I had gone out with one time when I was 19 so we were not total strangers. We had a great date ... he seemed as engaged and as interested as I was. We closed the restaurant down that evening and when he took me home, he walked me to the door and came inside for about 15 minutes. Nothing sexually happened. I sent him a message thanking him for dinner and a great evening and he responded he also had a great time. But then I did not hear from him until 5 days later when he "liked" a picture I had posted on my social network. I just don't understand and would like some opinions......
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,669 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2015 01:29 pm
@Civicgirl,
I'm not sure what exactly you're asking. Everything seems fairly positive and routine.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2015 01:33 pm
I agree with Ragman. To me, you seem to think he was horribly late in showing interest.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2015 01:33 pm
@Civicgirl,
Have you invited him out for another date?
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2015 03:50 pm
This guy sounds like what must be a pretty rare creature these days... a gentleman. I guess a lot of younger people won't know how to deal with them.
0 Replies

Civicgirl

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2015 05:34 pm
@ehBeth,
I asked him out first so I'm thinking if he is interested he would ask for a second date!
Civicgirl

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2015 05:39 pm
@Civicgirl,
I'm just wondering if he has any interest. He was a perfect gentleman and being 51, I truly appreciate that. But the date was a week and a half ago and the only contact since then was a message exchange that I initiated and a couple "likes". I guess I'm wondering if he could be taking it slow or just not interested. It just seemed like we both had a great time on the date.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2015 08:35 pm
@Civicgirl,
At the end of the first date, did either of you say you'd like to see the other again?
Civicgirl

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 10:08 am
@ehBeth,
No.... we didn't. I was thinking at the time that we both had such a great time that there wasn't any question about it.
Ragman

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 10:42 am
@Civicgirl,
there's no down-side to stating it and asking --- out in the open 'because that way you know where things really stand.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 10:42 am
Speak up!
Ask him out again (It's OK, it's 2015)

If he is busy or declines, then you know that date wasn't as "great" as it was for you.
0 Replies