Female Sexual Dysfunction

New Haven

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 06:24 am
I agree.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 01:32 pm
Welcome to A2k, Gregfrost from Seattle. Enjoy yourself here - not necessarily only in the fsd area! Very Happy
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 02:51 am
Many areas!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 11:50 pm
Good grief. A teen-woman may have years to go before she meets a really good lover. A woman may have had abuse in the past, which is a shutdown mechanism. A woman who has been perfectly tuned in to sexual function at some time may have emotional, physical, or hormonal problems at another. An advertised pill is unlikely to solve complex matters like these, and any sales they have is a sign of, in my humble opinion, desperate need for information and education.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 07:39 am
Very true!
0 Replies

kuru

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 09:19 pm
Avlimil, from someone who tried it
I just wanted to post that I did try the product for 30+ days, but not the 12 weeks they state is "optimal". The main reason was not due to cost, it was the side effects I was having. I do not take any anti-depressants, birth control or anything for that matter besides a reputable multi-vitamin (not from the supermarket.)

After taking Avlimil it for 2+ weeks I became extremely irritable and depressed. And boy do I mean "DEPRESSED", like not caring about life any more depressed, very despondent and wanted to stay in bed and avoid my family, career, etc. I finally realized that all these crazy feelings developed during the time I was taking Avlimil. I quit taking it 2 days ago and feel noticeably better.

I exercise daily, am in my early 30's and do not believe in pharmaceuticals. I do try and go with "natural or herbal" remedies, but after this one I'm very concerned about what it may do to other women out there. I hope that if someone is considering trying the product that they understand that they could have a reaction/side effects that were not listed on the information that's available on this product. The clinical trial on 40 women (which I didn't find out until about a week ago) is extremely misleading and in my humble opinion, not a true clinical trial, because it's such a low number and the results are based on 12 weeks, no long term info.

Please do not underestimate the power of natural substances and realize that everyone's body chemistry is different and natural substances have the ablility to produce (as in my case) disastrous and dangerous results.

Thanks for listening,

-kuru
0 Replies

Rose

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 06:47 pm
as Ossobuco said, often a woman's problem is some form of "abuse" (and may I add, NEGLECT) which has turned her off. A mental fixation of unpleasant experiences is hard to overcome, even when she finally meets someone who loves her and desires her and wishes her shared pleasure.
By abuse and neglect, I mean, of course the whole gamut that is possible... (being sexually abused as a child, even if only fondling) or being USED by teen boys- (or any age) -with NO foreplay or pretense of love...
Or being neglected by an uninformed man, who knows NOTHING of really "Making Love", only of performing a penetrating sex act, until he, himself feels gratified.

These things are not surpassed - to the discovery of passion and sexual pleasure- by the 'popping' of ANY pill. Be it herb or drug.
However, I HAVE known a person who had physical issues, and medication helped. It is RARE.
0 Replies