Just how ABB are you?

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 04:02 pm
Recent posts have got me thinking... just how much do you dislike President Bush? Enough to start an acronym: ABB-Anybody But Bush. But just how ABB are you? While a serious question, have a little fun with this one. I'll start it off.

Lets say Al Sharpton won the Democratic nomination. Who would you vote for?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,723 • Replies: 23
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 04:11 pm
Let's just say this. I wouldn't vote for Sharpton if he were the last person on earth. To me, he is a self-aggrandizing self-serving, pompous, windbag, who would sell his grandmother to gain some advantage. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 04:21 pm
I would vote for anyone even vaguely qualified against Bush.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 04:22 pm
Yep. I'd go Sharpton.

"When choosing between two evils, I go for the one I haven't tried yet". I always loved that quote. (Thats why I'm voting Kerry Very Happy )
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 04:23 pm
In fact, i have no reason to assume that Al Sharpton is not as qualified, if not more so, than the Shrub. I frankly think he'd be a better choice than Kerry. I'll vote for the Dem ticket as it stands, although i would have preferred to have seen Mr. Edwards in the top slot.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 04:32 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
To me, he is a self-aggrandizing self-serving, pompous, windbag, who would sell his grandmother to gain some advantage. Evil or Very Mad

My God Phoenix...you've described GW Bush to a tee! Mr. Green

Seriously, I'd vote for Al if he were the Dems nominee. He isn't perfect, but he's qualified and a hell of a lot better than the dirtbag we have in the White House now.

Actually, I'd be hard pressed to find anyone who I wouldn't vote for when Bush is the only other alternative.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 04:34 pm
Bush was and is the least qualified man I have ever seen in a position of government. Thare is absolutely nothing he could do that would attraxct my vote.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 05:22 pm
Re: Just how ABB are you?
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Recent posts have got me thinking... just how much do you dislike President Bush? Enough to start an acronym: ABB-Anybody But Bush. But just how ABB are you? While a serious question, have a little fun with this one. I'll start it off.

Lets say Al Sharpton won the Democratic nomination. Who would you vote for?

Al Sharpton is a nut. A loon. Caught on tape talking about buying cocaine, thanks to a sting directed at his good buddy Don King. There is no evidence that he listens to advice or makes decisions based upon reason rather than gut instinct. But reelecting a man who governs based on what he feels inhis gut rather than the facts is far too dangerous to consider! I would vote for Sharpton over Bush. Hey, I would vote for Don King over Bush!
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 07:44 am
Now there is something to think about... Don King as President. Not only would he have started the war in Iraq but he would have banned all imbedded reporters except his own and broadcast the whole thing on Pay-per-view as the greatest match since Ali/Foreman.

BiPolar - surely there is someone worse than Bush? What if you had to choose (and death isn't an option) Bush vs. Rush Limbaugh
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 07:45 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Now there is something to think about... Don King as President. Not only would he have started the war in Iraq but he would have banned all imbedded reporters except his own and broadcast the whole thing on Pay-per-view as the greatest match since Ali/Foreman.

BiPolar - surely there is someone worse than Bush? What if you had to choose (and death isn't an option) Bush vs. Rush Limbaugh

Oh my God....too horrible to contemplate....expatriate time in that case..... Laughing
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 06:41 pm
Or Bush vs. Cheney...
0 Replies

angie

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 07:10 pm
Bush vs. Cheney ????

Helloooo President Nader !
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 07:36 pm
will Cheney dump
Bush from the ticket?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 07:43 pm
BBB
What about all the other political party candidates? There are more than just republicans and democrats.

BBB
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 08:33 pm
I'm pretty sure Don King said some words in support of Bush the other day.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 09:12 pm
OK, OK I got one! How about if Bush ran against a brain-eating zombie from outer space?

No, wait, how about if Bush ran against an inanimate carbon rod?

Oh, no, I got it! what if Bush ran against an extinct, flightless bird, like the moa?

Or, or, or ... what about if Bush ran against the remaining members of the 1962 Mets?

I know! What if Bush ran against the final credits from the movie "Mean Girls?"

No, this is it: what if Bush ran against the word "igneous?"

Oh, wait, wait, I know...
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 09:13 pm
If you drive west out of Tulsa towards Pawhuska you'll see a rusted sign that points like a finger at a little trace of a road headed North. Nelogony 2 mile, it says. That's a lie. It's more like three and half miles up that winding, two ditch, middle-humped, sorry excuse for a public throughfare before you see the two houses. One is red, the other is white or would be if someone had painted it some more after we tried to in the summer of 1973, so it's white on about two and half sides of it and chipped, cracked and alligatored baby-blue on the rest. No one lives there. Rex used to but left after his wife left for good the weekend after we were painting the place, but that's not what I came to say.

In the red house lives a mean man, with a mean yellow dog and three meaner hulkish hunks of humanity he calls his children and the local authorities call recently returned parolees. No one knows, or cares much, about the whereabouts of the shrunkup-faced woman who used to hang the same three sheets and two pairs of underwear on the clothesline out back.

The man sits on the front porch of the house on a moldy sofa with a beer in one hand and some kind of crankshaft part in his other. He raps on the side of the porchrail with it as he listens to your question about Rex, but, of course, he don't know shitabout Rex, nor about anything really. He is about as dumb a dumbsumbitch as you will ever find, never having been to more than three days of school in a row in his life, and that record was set during a flood season when he couldn't get to home for a week.

He don't cotton to much.

Not people, not machines, not vittles. He likes to spit unless it's too hot to waste the fluids. He hasn't read a newspaper ever, nor listened to a radio broadcast of anything but the Holiness Everlasting Circle Show out of Fairfax on Sunday mornings unless he is too drunk and sleeps through it. He doesn't like to sleep for fear that one of those parolee children of his might take that crankshaft and re-orient his brainpan while the other two watch.

Given a choice, I'd vote for him for President rather the George Bush,
and if the red house man was not available, I'd vote for his yellow dog.

Joe
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 09:25 pm
Sharpton. Hell, I'd vote for Tawana Brawley over the Chimp.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 09:36 pm
For the truly bitter, hating liberal, the wet dream would be to see Hillarity drafted at the convention, and thoroughly trounce Bush--'cause then they'd get to attend all those funerals of their conservative acquaintance who had died of apoplexy during election night coverage.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 09:46 pm
I think I'll put Joe in the ABB camp.
0 Replies