A question for the old timers...

onevoice

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 07:22 pm
@hawkeye10,
You are right Hawkeye. It does depend on the people... Individually... To decide to look beyond those things they disagree with, to see the person behind the comments.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 07:42 pm
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:

It does depend on the people... Individually... To decide to look beyond those things they disagree with, to see the person behind the comments.

My dad was as conservative as one gets, living in very conservative Rockford il dealing with the cities elite every day on his job, with his only sib a brother who was leading anti war riots on the U Wisconsin campus ( and deeply into the black power groups too) , and who injured himself to keep from going to Vietnam, a fact that my dad was well aware of. But they could get together for family functions and argue........UP TILL DINNER! After that they were brothers. Grandpa, a guy who was known to backhand his boys so hard as kids for misbehavior at dinner that they ended up on the floor, insisted upon it.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 07:43 pm
@onevoice,
Quote:
You are right Hawkeye.

I often am. This is a fact that annoys many here to no end.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 08:01 pm
@onevoice,
BTW: You need to know that because you have agreed with me more than the allowed once per year you will now be accused of being my sockpuppet, which is to say that I run the onevoice avatar. This is a defense mechanism against needing to take my opinion seriously.

The smart people figure out fast that I am very life experienced and thus often right. But most of the smartest people have already departed A2K so we are where we are.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 08:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
You are a **** compacting your body parts to make baseballs.
I'll stop with that.

Watch who you agree with, including all of us.

On Robert, if I remember, he was no fan of mine (I'm a drunk). He shares that with views by setanta and chai, those both dry.
On the other hand, I persist in liking him.

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 08:15 pm
@ossobuco,
And I persist upon liking you, even though we rarely agree. You know quality, which is rare, I love that. You mess up on seeing me mostly, but you are forgiven, no one is perfect.
onevoice

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 08:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
Grandpa drew the line. Enough is enough. Family is still family whether we would have chose them as family or not. It's not pretty. None of it. But when you sit down at the end of the day you have to realize that whether in agreement or disagreement, people are still people. And respect at least that. We all come from different backgrounds, ideals, thoughts. Based on our personal experiences. But when its all said and done, one fact still remains. We are all still just... people.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 08:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
Ok..
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 08:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
As of yet I have heard no such thing. Not saying no one has thought it... But then again how would I really know, unless someone actually says that? Either way it doesn't matter. They're just people... Like me... Just cause they may think it... Doesn't make it true. Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 08:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
Nods. So annoying.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 09:05 pm
@ossobuco,
YaYa, so annoying to not be able to hate someone with such disagreeable ideas. I know.
onevoice

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 09:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
@ osso too:

Lol! Ya'll crack me up!
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 09:18 pm
@onevoice,
The interesting thing is that dad cared a lot about family, for the family was the only time he decided that what he wanted was of secondary importance. Mom,dad, brother and so on, but not wife and kids. This alcoholic very often bounced checks and spent the weekly food money on drink and women. And hobbies.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 09:24 pm
@onevoice,
She is a drunk but she is a good egg. She is fucked because she lived her life for love. Gotta respect that devotion. I am right there with her. I hope she is not second guessing herself, but she unfortunately seems a bit embarrassed, does not want to lay down for us where she is.
onevoice

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 10:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hawkeye, you are talking to a girl who's toenails literally curved and grew into her toes until her early 20's when she realized A. You have to wash your feet when you shower... And B. Mommy was more concerned with having a pack of smokes than she was with her daughter having shoes that fit. My feet are all kinds of screwed up from that. Irregardless though, she did the best she could with what she had. I don't know what she actually had at that point... But I know abuse and neglect are a pattern. At some point someone has to stand up and say, " The cycle stops HERE. With me." Why? Because I can and I will. Smile
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 10:08 pm
@onevoice,
Agreed. Only I did not factor in that I cant control what other people do. And I cant be all knowing. It is pure heartbreak to have decided that ABUSE STOPS NOW and then to have my wife's bosses son, the brother of the babysitter, the next door neigbor, get to the kids. We took the lead in getting him prosecuted, and his dad got into it deep by trying to destroy my wife's military career in his attempt to save his kid, but it still sucks all the way around. The two years it took for justice to work were brutal. It ended with the wife filling for divorce on me. I just barely was able to fix that.

And these fuckers at A2K think that they can threaten me? That I can be bullied into to the behaviour they want? Too funny!
onevoice

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 10:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
That is such a hard thing Hawkeye and I am so sorry you have had to go through that! YOU didn't do that though. Nothing you did lead to that happening. So forgive yourself because I promise it wasn't your fault. I wish with all my heart there was an explanation for why people do those kinds of things. But they do, and unfortunately sometimes we somehow end up being in the wrong.place at the wrong time? I dunno. I just know people are people. Though our backgrounds may be different... We really are not as different as we would like to think sometimes.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 10:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
Huh?

I get some of that, your takes re me, not entirely wrong but I'm not embarrassed.

On who I am, I live with a variety of difficulties.

I am still, long as I get internet, both pissy and obnoxious.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 10:28 pm
@onevoice,
It was not my fault, but the kids got hurt and my wife decided that she would be better off without me. That hurts. Sure the wife and the kids are for the most part in a good place now, and I had a lot to do with that even they they only partly see what I did, but this is a massive amount of pain to endure in one life. And then to get told by morons who have lived a cushy life that I lack compassion? Whatever.

Anyway, glad you are back whoever you are. I hope you decide to stick around for a bit, you are clearly smarter than the average bear.
onevoice

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 10:29 pm
@ossobuco,
And you are beautiful just as you are osso. Don't let anyone try to convince you different. Smile Night all.
0 Replies