Should I continue dating someone that lives 3hours away?

Btru78

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 03:26 pm
So I've had terrible luck dating and I'm 37. I finally met this great guy who I get along really great with and he really like me. He had to move 3 hours away to take care of some things but says he's coming back at some point but right now it really sucks and it does t help that I suffer from depression anyway. So my question should I keep going with this guy or cut it off?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,279 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 03:39 pm
@Btru78,
I dated a guy about three hours away for quite a while. I happened to love him and he loved me. Also, he would make the drive in the opposite direction approximately half the time. Can you ever meet half way?

You say he's great. Do you like him as a person? Does he seem to like you?

What about your depression? If it is clinical depression, you need to be seeing a therapist, although you didn't say if you are or not. I've plenty of friends who have been and are treated for depression who are happily with a mate. Well, as happily as anyone else.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 04:03 pm
@Btru78,
Three hours isn't that far. It's not like you'd be seeing each other in person every day in any case while you're dating. Visit him occasionally. He can visit you occasionally. Live your normal life and talk on the phone in between. It's very doable.
Linkat

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2015 02:56 pm
@ehBeth,
I agree - 3 hours is not that far. I dated someone that was 5+ hour flight. And seeing this is temporary you should be able to handle. Keep yourself busy with friends, talk on the phone alot, skype and keep in touch that way.

My opinion is if you talk you learn a whole lot more about each other rather than just going out and to a movie. You are almost forced to actually talk as there is nothing else.
0 Replies