has he lost interest in me ?

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 04:24 pm
I started talking to this guy when I got the dating app and it turned out we already met in a party a year before... We both go to the same uni and live in the same city and have quite a few mutual friends..He then got my number and we carried the conversation through texting and it was a really nice conversation with a bit of flirting.. He even asked if he had any competition for my attention on that app.. after talking for two hours or something I said goodnight and he said sweet dreams hun and sent a kiss emoji (don't wanna sound like a teenager I'm 21 haha but still Razz).. Now it has been day 2 and I haven't even heard from him, I noticed today he had deleted his dating profile from the app ( I'm certain he didn't block me cause in that app you'd not notice if someone blocks you).. Has he lost interest or something? I don't really wanna text him in case I get hurt again.. I did that with the last guy I liked and it ended in tears for me..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 694 • Replies: 8
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 06:05 pm
@mollylondon1373,
Usually the deletion of the dating app = he's in a relationship.

If you have his number, call and ask. If you don't, take from it that maybe you should have gotten his number, and should do that in the future with other guys. And I say call - texting is a lot harder to weasel out of than calling.

I suspect he is ghosting you. In the future, please, take some initiative, and also don't put all your eggs in one basket. I doubt that he did.
Stuck2

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 01:09 pm
@jespah,
It seems like this problem is very common on these forums andaffects women far more than men..hardly a day goes by when there is not a post about a guy giving mixed signals. What is up with this. Any one with insights. Is half the human race naturally colder, lacking in warmth and emotion..compared to the other half?
jespah

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 01:28 pm
@Stuck2,
I don't know as it's gender-specific, but there is definitely a generation growing up which thinks strictly in terms of absolutes when it comes to relationships. Everything is awesome, perfect, beautiful, and forever, or it's the deepest pits of despair. It's 24/7 contact (I recall a member once complained that she hadn't received a text in 20 minutes - Christ on a crutch, I recall sharing a phone in a suite at college) or it's nothing. And nobody seems to ever break up anymore; they just stop contacting and/or block further contact. The 'it's not you; it's me' speech may be shallow and hollow, but it's a damned sight more courageous than ghosting.
Stuck2

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 01:45 pm
@jespah,
Texting has messed up human communication no end. First it brings out differences in communication between genders. I have seen women text essays to their girl friends..but when this is applied to communication with guys I think it's misread as the girl being very keen (when in fact she is being chatty/ friendly). Hence he starts to withdraw..she starts wondering what on earth did I do and panics and textd..and wham..ghosting by him. Also people can say things flirtingly (I know it's not a word) and lightly in text very early on..that they would not say face to face or even voice/ phone communication..hence there is a sense of early connection/ intimacy that is not real.
Basically human evolution / communication moves slowly..technology moves fast and I think a lot of people are in for a very confusing and heart breaking time..due to us not having had a chance to biologically adapt to the artificial world that technology created.
0 Replies

Stuck2

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 01:59 pm
@mollylondon1373,
Hi Molly,
Did not mean to hijack the post. Apologies. It's not easy to know what goes on in men's heads when they do stuff like this. Here are a few things I think could explain what happened.
There is no guy in the world who likes texting for two hours. They may be polite and friendly and flirty but actually they get text fatigue very easily and will be wary of the situation coming up again. And hence may avoid you.
I also think women have a greater capacity for imagination when communicating with a guy they like. They can firm a complete picture of who he is..they can fill in the blanks..assign a place for some one in their life pretty expediently. Guys tend to work through the process slowly and can therefore lose interest early on. Chances are if he is on these dating apps where there are lots of women he can chat to..he has this sense of choice..and he will engage in bits of communication with different people but not be able to settle on any. It's kind of his problem and not uncommon I would think.
My advise would be in future keep the texting brief no matter how keen he sounds and keep your options open. Only when some one has consistently shown an interest should you engage with them at any emotional level.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 02:51 pm
@jespah,
I read an article that semi fits into this today.. will see if I can find it again.

Ah, here:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/07/why-college-educated-women-can-t-find-love.html

I found it interesting, even in the beginning of the article. Of course, that education/numbers business is just one aspect of a many sided discussion.
jespah

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 05:19 pm
@ossobuco,
That's an interesting article - it seems a lot of women are getting bitten in the patoot by some old gender roles, e. g. waiting for the guy to make the first move. Or making sure he's college-educated (if the woman is), even though our society still sees it as being perfectly acceptable for men with BA's and higher to marry women with just diplomas.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 06:34 am
@mollylondon1373,
First off, I don't have any idea why you have not heard from him. Heck, maybe his phone got destroyed and he has not yet replaced it. Or maybe he fell head over heels in love with a real live woman that he, you know, physically met? Someone mentioned trying to call him if you have his number. That would be a perfect way to find out what is going on. Certainly better than coming on A2K and asking us what is going on.

I will never understand how anyone, male or female, attempts to develop a relationship through texting. That little device that you use to send these texts to each other can also be used as what us old folks call a telephone. You punch some numbers and it will ring on his end, letting him know to hit a button and hold the device up to his ear. You hold your device up to your ear and lo and behold, the two of you can actually speak to each other over long distances. It is called a conversation and is much better at developing and enriching a relationship than texting.
0 Replies