Well Now This Should Start A Nice Fight......

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 11:47 am
joefromchicago wrote:
My money is on Clarence Thomas.

Really? I'd have thought Antonin Scalia . . .
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 12:07 pm
There is little doubt that Iran is a danger to the US. It should be attacked. The one lesson of 9/11 that is irrefutable is that if you do nothing it is too late.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 01:04 pm
Karzak wrote:
There is little doubt that Iran is a danger to the US. It should be attacked. The one lesson of 9/11 that is irrefutable is that if you do nothing it is too late.

pack a bag and go attack them with my blessings.......since you're so hot for it....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 01:06 pm
I'll chip in for automatic rifle ammunition and some RPG's for the boy, so long as i'm assured they won't be turned over to him until he's on the Persian border . . .
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 03:06 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

pack a bag and go attack them with my blessings.......since you're so hot for it....

Me and the volunteer military.

Don't worry, you will get your wish soon.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 03:07 pm
Setanta wrote:
I'll chip in for automatic rifle ammunition and some RPG's for the boy, so long as i'm assured they won't be turned over to him until he's on the Persian border . . .

OK, you do that.
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 03:17 pm
And what gives you the idea that the volunteer military is with you on this?
Just because they're a volunteer military doesn't mean they actually have a choice where to go, so perhaps you'll luck out and not have to "go it alone".
0 Replies

Earl Grey

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 04:05 am
smog wrote:
The anti-American government in Iran goes way back to all of Reagan's mistakes there.

I believe it pre-dates the Reagan administration. The hostage crisis for example occured during Carter's presidency, but of course Carter isn't the one to blame, the problems started earlier with the support for the Shah.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 07:03 am
EG is correct about the machinations of the U.S. in Persia. Reza Pahlavi was installed in 1953, to replace Mohammed Mossadeq (sp?). I've found a rather good page for this, and i see nothing i consider a glaring distortion of the historical record. If you are sceptical about the source, at the bottom of the page is an "about us" link and a "disclaimer" link, and you can decide for yourself what you believe. Whatever you decide about what to believe, it is indisputable that the U.S. overthrew Mossadeq in favor of Pahlavi, described in this article as someone despised by the CIA.

A short account of the 1953 coup

(For those used to fast, fast on line relief, i would note that for historians, three pages is a short account indeed.)
0 Replies