Bifocals!!!!!

dlowan

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 04:27 pm
Re: Bifocals!!!!!
Miller wrote:
dlowan wrote:
It is happening, dammit!

My already sadly myopic eyes are starting to have trouble with the fine print.

I mean - you didn't oughta hafta have myopia AND long-sightedness as well - but there it is. Waaaaaaaaaaaah.

I shall soon have to surrender and get the dreaded bifocals.

Just how bad are they, folks? Any hints about what to get, not get???

It is soooo gonna be wrinkles soon, I just know it.
Embarrassed Crying or Very sad Shocked

You can try the bifocal contact lenses. I understand they work rather well.

Can't wear lenses any more.

Eyes stuffed for them by having measles a second time as an adult.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 04:48 pm
I've always had one eye that was good for extreme close-ups (the kinds of things others needed magnifying glasses for), and the other eye was good for reading. Neither was great for distance. I always had to read with one eye closed to prevent blurring of the page.

Now that I'm getting mature <coff coff>, I've got one eye that's good for reading and the other is good for exteme distance. Now, I've got to close the opposite eye to be able to read well. I occasionally read the puter screen with one eye closed.

The glasses I have kind of even things out, and are good for 'big' things, walking/driving/watching t.v. Can't read at all with them. I can hardly wait to talk to the optometrist again this year. She keeps telling to put off getting bi-focals because you can't go back from them. But I can't read properly!
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 05:00 pm
i've had glasses since i was a teenager - should have had them earlier, i always tried to sit in the first or second row in school 'cause i didn't want to admit to my shortsightedness. have now had bifocals for quite a few years and learned to live with them. i am now at that age where i can actually read WITHOUT glasses if the book is close-up. friend of mine has TRI-FOCALS ... you should hear him swear ! hbg
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 05:08 pm
Dlowan--

You'd rather see visions and hear voices? That way madness lies.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 05:22 pm
Well, yes - I would rather see visions of things that are there, and ditto voices.

I think the visions and voices FOLLOW the madness, rather than cause it.

Hmmmmm....
0 Replies