how to write this letter to my dad?

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 06:45 pm
I am a thirteen year old girl and my mom died a little less than a year ago. For about four years I have been taking piano lessons. It is something I know my mom wants me to do along with many other family members. However, I am struggling with practicing piano, and SOOO many people tell me I have a talent at playing. I just feel like my body is physically not letting me practice. It scares me not to continue taking lessons, because I know so many people would be disappointed with my decision to quit, but why waste my dad's money when I'm making no progress?

Anyways, my goal is to write my dad a letter trying to tell him I want to stop taking lessons at least for a while. The problem is I am pretty sure he already signed me up for this year. I don't want him or anyone to be angry at me-which some were before when I asked to stop.

Most of all, I don't want to disappoint my mom. I've been crying lately because of this whole piano thing. I just don't see why I should feel miserable about all this. I seriously don't know what to do..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,565 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 07:20 pm
@purpledonuts,
I know it may seem easier to write a letter, but it will probably work out better if you tell your father in person.

Tell him you're still saddened by your mother's death, as you're sure he is. It is a huge and painful change in both of your lives. Tell him that the way you are feeling is making it hard for you to concentrate on piano lessons. Ask if you can put them off for, say, a year.

If you both talk to your piano teacher, you can probably have the payment applied to next year with little trouble.
0 Replies