Should we change for each other when we are in love

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 03:22 am
My boyfriend has a fight with me, he always said he changed a lot for me, said I can not change a little for him. But we fall in love with each other because we attract each other , if I change, I'm not myself anymore.
What about you? Do you agree with me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 637 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 03:35 am
What does your boyfriend want you to change?
vikorr

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 04:43 am
@weddingdress666,
Hmmm:

- if I squeeze from the middle of the toothpaste tube, and my other half asks me to squeeze from the tail end, and I do...I'm not changing myself, but I am changing (what I do).

- if my other half enjoys musicals while I'm not fussed on them, but I go with her to make her happy...I'm not changing who I am, but my behaviour (in relation to musicals) is changing. Of course, in this situation, I expect a bit of give and take.

ie. your scenario has very little information about what you mean by change.
DarkCrow

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 08:36 am
@weddingdress666,
"Adjusting" our behavior on the few small things that bug our significant other is part of the give and take of "love". E.G., toilet seat down, clothes in hamper not floor, etc. If your partner wants wholesale large change, move on. BTW, the "attraction" that starts love isn't love at all. Love encompasses a level of caring, commitment and dedication that takes time to develop.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 10:19 am
@weddingdress666,
Wed, caught by the title at first I supposed you mean to change underwear or to bathe before intimacy. I was intrigued since the water shortage out here in SoCal had inclined me to change from seven to two baths per week
0 Replies

weddingdress666

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 07:19 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
He thinks I'm not very good. At first he loved me generous, but now they think I wasted.
jespah

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 07:22 pm
@weddingdress666,
Don't hang around with someone who doesn't respect or appreciate you.
weddingdress666

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 07:30 pm
@vikorr,
Well, maybe I understand what you mean, you think I should be appropriate to change it.
0 Replies

weddingdress666

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 07:33 pm
@DarkCrow,
Love is love, attracted to each other is the beginning of love, it will only attract continued development.
0 Replies

Dropship

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 07:36 pm
Topic- Should we change for each other when we are in love?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I once dated a nice lady but her dress sense was terrible, she always wore frumpy oldfashioned clothes and horrible flat shoes.
So I bought her a pair of stylish shoes with a bit of a heel but she refused pointblank to wear them so I ditched her.
Who was in the right, me or her?

PS- I'd also planned to buy her a Wonder Woman outfit after we'd got to know each other, but I somehow don't think she'd have worn it..
weddingdress666

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 07:36 pm
@jespah,
Thanks for your comfort. But I'm really love him.
weddingdress666

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 07:41 pm
@Dropship,
I really can't understand your mind, both you and your friend.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 07:46 pm
@weddingdress666,
Then may I suggest counseling so that you can determine why you think you deserve someone who you admit doesn't see good in you.
weddingdress666

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 12:09 am
@jespah,
love
0 Replies

weddingdress666

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 12:15 am
@weddingdress666,
Maybe I should try to understand him more, learn to tolerate.
0 Replies

Dropship

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 03:42 am
My sister married a Hell's Angel 35 years ago, he was a nice guy and everybody liked him, but after a year or two of marriage she started nagging him to "comb your hair, take a bath, stop looking like a scruff, stop your drinking, stop your smoking, stop your gambling, and stop going out with your mates so much".
But all he said was "I'm not going to change, why should I? You chose to marry me as I am".
He had a very good point, nobody forced her to marry him..Smile
They eventually divorced after 17 years and he went straight out and married a nice woman who accepted him for what he was, but my sister hasn't had a man since then, nobody will go near her because she's such a nagger..Smile
weddingdress666

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 09:06 pm
@Dropship,
So,what's your opinion?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 09:10 pm
@weddingdress666,
If you are not willing to invest in the union, compromise for the good of the union, then the union will almost certainly fail. It is up to you, how much do you want to be with this guy?
0 Replies