Any ancient greek scholars out there?

cobby

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 01:42 pm
Hi everyone, I'm looking for the ancient greek translation of the Aristotle quote "To perceive is to suffer." I've tried for ages without any luck. Any help or pointers to websites would be greatly appreciated. Cheers all.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 681 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 02:09 pm
Welcome to A2K, cobby.

Might very well be that you within a short time will get a satisfactory resonse - here (most likely) or as a PM (unlikely, only if you want to get it "privately").

But it would be a good idea, to delete your email-address: this site is looked over by search-engines and you might shortly find your address published in the world-wide-web :wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 02:20 pm
Walter, I know I keep telling people this, but I just remembered that Cobby did it right, that spybots don't usually pick it up if you leave spaces and put 'at' in instead of @.

Although of course the rest of us crazed a2kers can see it..
0 Replies

cobby

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 04:08 am
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, and cheers for the email advice. I've usually been fine using that way of typing it out in forums but the spybots will probably start getting wise to it... So I'll delete it.
That quote, it would be wonderful if the trans was from the original source, these online translators have offered up some very strange stuff. You see, it's for a friend's tattoo and i don't want him to be walking around with some gibberish on him, although it could make holidays to Crete quite amusing. As I say, thanks anyway for responding to a newbie, very kind of you Smile
0 Replies