What does he mean? "Let's not rush things."

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2015 04:49 pm
Ok, I'm quite sure this man is really liking me, but, those words ( let's not rush things ) can always be confusing, I guess... Anyways, I know he's more of a guy that shows his feelings by actions rather than words. He's very kind to me, he always comes to my work 1-3 times daily, just to see me. He's a workaholic and if he doesn't make it to see me, I know where he's at. He always answers my calls, no matter what time of day or night, if he can't for some reason he always calls asap. He calls me every evening without fail, whether it be early or late. He remembers everything I say. He helps with ANYTHING I may ever need. If I need help with my truck, he fixes it, if I need this done, or that replaced, he gets it done. We're not in a relationship, bf-gf wise, heck, I really don't know what it is. He takes care of me, we don't live together, but we're very exclusive... We can be very intimate, but not often, and we hardly talk about it. Its confusing... What do ya'll think? I'm, not just a booty call am I?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 3,816 • Replies: 7
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2015 04:58 pm
@darkakari,
Wouldn't it be a good idea to talk to him about what your relationship is?

You need to find out if he would have a problem with you dating someone while you're someone he has sex with.
darkakari

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2015 05:10 pm
@ehBeth,
Lol, we have talked about it, and he just wants us to be exclusive, as I don't mind, since its less of chance of catching something bad. And really right now, its hay season for the ranchers out here, and of course he's a rancher. So from dawn dusk they work, once you start on baling hay, you can't stop till its done. I think he's waiting for this season to be over with, so he can spend more time with me.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2015 05:23 pm
@darkakari,
The phrase "let's not rush things" seems pretty obvious to me. It means that he feels that you are pushing for the relationship to go faster than he wants it to go. It is perfectly normal for one partner in a relationship to express this feelings in this way. You should ask him to specify what he feels is going to fast.

On the other hand, I don't know what the phrase "very exclusive" means.
darkakari

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2015 05:48 pm
@maxdancona,
Basically with exclusive, he wants it to be just us. My family knows about us, and he's okay with that. You're right I believe. We live in a small cowboy & indian town in southeast Oklahoma. If you sneeze here, the whole town knows about it in less then 2 seconds. And because of that, he just doesn't want any crazy rumors going on. I completely understand that.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2015 06:04 pm
@darkakari,
That's good.

The best relationships involve a lot of communication. There are two different people involved, and each person has different needs and wants from the relationship. Be open with your feelings and listen to his feelings.

If he wants to slow things down, you should talk about it, and respect this.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2015 06:06 pm
@darkakari,
(I was giving you a bit of a hard time with the phrase "very exclusive". The point is you are either exclusive or you are not exclusive. There are no more or less (or very) exclusive.)
darkakari

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2015 07:04 pm
@maxdancona,
Oh, that's one of my probs, I take everything seriously. I'm terrible at telling jokes, and slow to catch em... But anyway, ty for helping me. When I first met him, he was a customer. Then he came around all the time staying 30 minutes to 2 hours. Course alot of ranchers do that a bit. But they're usually with company, he's always alone. And eventually he said he could help me with something I needed and he gave me his number. I didn't think he was serious, so for a month or so I left it alone... He kept telling everyday to call him and such. So finally I was like if I call him thinking he'll leave me alone. Well... He says he'll come out to my place, its east across the mountain when he's west. I didn't think he'd come, so I took off to run errands, and when I return to work he comes in and tells me I stood him up... Then I asked my mom and sister if he really did come while I was away. He did. I felt bad and apologized. Ever since then we've like I described before.
0 Replies