What Is Your Goal In Life???

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 04:07 am
@Dropship,
His work was finished. The rest is up to us.

Heb 9:16-18
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 04:09 am
@Dropship,
As long as their in the new testament we need them.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 07:40 am
@Dropship,
Quote:
Which Bible is that in?
In mine, Jesus makes it quite clear that [/i]"..whoever lives and believes in me will never die" (John 11:26)[/i]
And- "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life" (Matt 25:46)
'Eternal' must mean the soul is 'immortal'.
And 'punishment' must mean they're conscious of being punished on that great naughty step in the sky..Smile

Not to belabor the obvious, but not everyone believes.

Yes, everyone will face their maker and be very aware of their fate (good or not so good) But a death sentence IS eternal, even if you aren't aware of it afterwards.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 10:08 am
@Leadfoot,

Heb 9:27
27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment,
(NKJ)

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 05:43 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
@Leadfoot,

Heb 9:27
27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment,
(NKJ)

I assumed you would know I was speaking of the second death, the one following judgement. The one implied by "the wages of sin is death".
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 05:59 pm
@Leadfoot,
I was just giving you scripture to support what you said.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 02:54 am
Back on topic, three sweet goals against Norwich yesterday, one by Pelle two by Tadic. Never thought I could love Serbia again.

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 06:30 am
@izzythepush,
Meanwhile, back on earth, I want the lap record in class at Sebring next track day.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 07:21 am
@izzythepush,
That is a stupid reply.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 09:00 am
@Squeakybro,
No it's not, I leave the stupid replies to you.

And you never disappoint.
neologist

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 09:12 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
That is a stupid reply.
You have no appreciation for the absurd.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 09:17 am
@neologist,
Like fish have no appreciation for water.
neologist

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 09:19 am
@izzythepush,
He's swimming, for sure.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 10:02 am
@izzythepush,
I understand why you done it. Your an intellectual idiot when it comes to the bible. But you have a lonely streak in you, and you just want to get in a conversation with anyone. lolol But that was still a stupid reply.
neologist

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 10:59 am
@Squeakybro,
He taunts you for the same reason I attempt to correct you.

Doesn't seem to work for either of us
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 11:33 am
@neologist,
ROFLOL He thinks he can taunt me. He is an idiot.
And don't you know that you cant correct someone who has the Holy Spirit with the carnal language. It takes the Word of God to correct me, the verses.
And the Holy Spirit will either give me verses to reject yours or give me verses supporting yours. But you cant do it with the carnal language.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 12:44 pm
@Squeakybro,
You started a thread about goals. I posted some of my favourites. The only real goal is three sticks with a net. Allegories are a waste of time, I'm a literalist as far as football is concerned.

Albert Camus — 'Everything I know about morality and the obligations of men, I owe it to football.'
onevoice

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 03:05 pm
@izzythepush,
Kudo's Izzy... You darn near offended me by comparing me to this foolish person. Don't get too excited though... Ya didn't. Smile Can you do me a favor though? In my thread, just prior to my response you misunderstood, I made a reply to snood. Could you please check that one out too and re evaluate your opinion? I stated quite clearly why I am here in that one, and several others prior. If not its all good, but I prefer not to start off on the wrong foot with anyone if I don't have to. Smile I'm not asking for an apology, just a fair shake.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 03:16 pm
@onevoice,
To live to 81.
onevoice

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 03:47 pm
@RABEL222,
Thanks for reminding me rabel, I haven't answered the question posed here yet! My goals in life are simple. To help as many people as I can... In whatever way I can. Not because I have to, but because it brings me joy to do so. To live a life of integrity. To love everyone who will let me fiercely, because everyone deserves to know what that feels like. To never stop learning, questioning, or growing as a person. I think that sums it up. Smile
0 Replies