What Is Your Goal In Life???

anthony1312002

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 09:45 am
@Squeakybro,
Thank you for your response as it shows that you endeavor to read God's Word and take it seriously. But there is something we must keep in mind. The Bible never contradicts itself. In other words, it's not going to teach two completely different thing regarding the soul. For example, many Bible scholars know that the text at Matthew 10:28 does not refer to an immortal soul but instead deals with the fact that any future prospect for eternal life rests with God who can deny us a resurrection should we die. The text also making it clear that the soul can be destroyed along with the body.

Something else to note is that Jesus often used the Hebrew Scriptures (old testament) in his teachings. For example, at Matthew 5:5 he quotes Psalm 37:11. If the Bible you use in your study has references in the middle column you can do this comparison by looking for a letter of symbol that appears after Matthew 5:5. Look in the references column and you should see that letter or symbol next to Psalm 37:11.

This is key because it means that when teaching, Jesus helped those listening to him to see how the entire Bible is in complete harmony. Note that I am not trying to prove you wrong because really, its not about us as to who is wrong or right, but really its about what God's Word really teaches.
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 09:56 am
@anthony1312002,
FIND THE INNER MAN-CRUSIFY THE OUTER PERSON
(SPIRIT, MIND OF INNER MAN. SOUL, BODY OF INNER MAN)

Col 3:9-10
9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds,
10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,
1 Pet 4:19
19 Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator.
Matt 22:16
16 And they sent to Him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, "Teacher, we know that You are true, and teach the way of God in truth; nor do You care about anyone, for You do not regard the person of men.
Rom 7:22
22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.
Gal 5:24-25
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
John 4:48
48 Then Jesus said to him, "Unless you people see signs and wonders, you will by no means believe."
Matt 12:38-39
38 Then some of the scribes and Pharisees answered, saying, "Teacher, we want to see a sign from You."
39 But He answered and said to them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.
1 Tim 4:9-11
9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance.
10 For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.
11 These things command and teach.
1 Tim 4:13-16
13 Till I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
14 Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the eldership.
15 Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all.
16 Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.
1 Pet 4:19
19 Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator.
Eph 3:14-19
14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,
17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height--
19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
2 Cor 4:16-18
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,
18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Eph 4:21-24
21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts,
23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.
1 Pet 2:4-5
4 Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious,
5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
1 Pet 2:11-12
11 Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul,
12 having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation.
(NKJ)
xxxx Your inner man consists of your spirit(the mind of your inner man) and your soul(the body of your inner man). All affections come from your soul and all decisions come from your spirit. Not all ideas but all decisions. All ideas come from the different beings in you. You get one opinion from your guardian angel. And you get one opinion from the devil. Then you choose who to agree with. But if you have the Holy Spirit He will give you a verse to show you who is who.
All your emotions dwell in your outer person (body). All emotions are unclean spirits.

Heb 4:12
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
(NKJ)

Heb 10:38-39
38 Now the just shall live by faith; but if anyone draws back, my soul has no pleasure in him."
39 But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:17
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
(NKJ)

1 Pet 1:3-9
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials,
7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,
8 whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,
9 receiving the end of your faith-- the salvation of your souls.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 10:30 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
. . . All emotions are unclean spirits. . . .
So what unclean spirit was at work here?
Quote:
Jesus wept. (John 11:35)
anthony1312002

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 10:39 am
@Squeakybro,
To help you out a little with the verses you listed, you may remember that the Bible was originally written mainly in Hebrew and Greek. When writing about the soul, the Bible writers used the Hebrew word neʹphesh or the Greek word psy·kheʹ. These two words occur well over 800 times in the Scriptures, and some translations of the Bible renders them “soul,” either in the main text or in footnotes. When you examine the way “soul” or “souls” is used in the Bible, it becomes evident that this word basically refers to (1) people, (2) animals, or (3) the life that a person or an animal has. Let us consider some scriptures that present these three different senses.

People. “In Noah’s day . . . a few people, that is, eight souls, were carried safely through the water.” (1 Peter 3:20) Here the word “souls” clearly stands for people—Noah, his wife, his three sons, and their wives. Exodus 16:16 mentions instructions given to the Israelites regarding the gathering of manna. They were told to gather it “according to the number of the people [“souls,” footnote]” that each of them had in his tent. So the amount of manna that was gathered was based on the number of people in each family. Some other Biblical examples of the application of “soul” or “souls” to a person or to people are in the footnotes found at Genesis 46:18; Joshua 11:11; Acts 27:37; and Romans 13:1.

Animals. In the Bible’s creation account, we read: “Then God said: ‘Let the waters swarm with living creatures [“souls,” footnote], and let flying creatures fly above the earth across the expanse of the heavens.’ Then God said: ‘Let the earth bring forth living creatures [“souls,” footnote] according to their kinds, domestic animals and creeping animals and wild animals of the earth according to their kinds.’ And it was so.” (Genesis 1:20, 24) In this passage, fish, domestic animals, and wild animals are all referred to by the same word—“souls.” Birds and other animals are called souls in the footnotes found at Genesis 9:10; Leviticus 11:46; and Numbers 31:28.

Life of a person. Sometimes the word “soul” means the life of a person. Jehovah told Moses: “All the men who were seeking to kill you [“seeking your soul,” footnote] are dead.” (Exodus 4:19) What were Moses’ enemies trying to do? They were seeking to take Moses’ life. Earlier, while Rachel was giving birth to her son Benjamin, “her life was slipping away [“her soul was going out,” footnote].” (Genesis 35:16-19) At that time, Rachel lost her life. Consider also Jesus’ words: “I am the fine shepherd; the fine shepherd surrenders his life [“soul,” footnote] in behalf of the sheep.” (John 10:11) Jesus gave his soul, or life, in behalf of mankind. In these Bible passages, or in the footnotes, the word “soul” clearly refers to the life of a person. You will find more examples of this sense of “soul” either in the text or in the footnotes found at 1 Kings 17:17-23; Matthew 10:39; John 15:13; and Acts 20:10.

This should help provide you with the back ground known to Scholars when it comes to the use of the term soul in the Bible.
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 12:02 pm
@neologist,
Go read the revelations. That is an affection, not an emotion.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 12:06 pm
@anthony1312002,
I see one big problem with your whole idea. You use soul in the footnotes as if that was in the original writings.
anthony1312002

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 12:14 pm
@Squeakybro,
You misunderstand me, what I'm point out is what Bible Scholars have revealed. This is nothing that originates with me. Follow up on this by comparing several Bible translations, cross referencing the texts that make use of the word Soul when it refers to people, animals and the life of a person.

Again, this is not something that originates with me. But is known by most scholars the world over.
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 02:48 pm
@anthony1312002,
So your going to tell me what Joe, Fred, Frank and all the rest came up with. Well what I'm sharing with you is what the revelations of Jesus Christ said to me. In the past 25 years I have received over 2000 of these revelations. So I really don't care what any of them had to say. So if something doesn't originate with you I don't want to hear it. Its vanity and foolishness.
neologist

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 03:15 pm
@Squeakybro,
You have claimed these revelations many times.
We have shown you they are spurious.
But you prefer what makes you feel good.
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 03:45 pm
@neologist,
You have claimed these revelations many times.
We have shown you they are spurious.
But you prefer what makes you feel good.

I said
lol Spurious???? All you have shown me is that your blind to the Word of God. And I have no feelings about them one way or the other. I have crucified all my emotions. That is the only way to stay in the Spirit.

24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 05:38 pm
Squeakybro wrote:
." . . All emotions are unclean spirits. . . ."

Interesting, Mr. Spock as the perfect spiritual man.

I usually think of the 'born again man' as one whose emotions are consistent with his mind and spirit rather than divorced from them.
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 06:23 pm
@Leadfoot,
You cant get born again until you have crucified your emotions and feelings.
Those who are Christ's HAVE CRUCIFIED
(NKJ)
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 07:16 pm
@Squeakybro,
I interpreted that as no longer being ruled by 'emotions of the flesh, not that you no longer have them. Christ was crucified, but he was still alive, just as our emotions are. But they are now in harmony with your spirit.

Or to put it bluntly, just having sex seems like a cheap thrill compared to having a full and complete relationship. Do I still like sex? Sure, but the idea of sex without love has completely lost its appeal.

Squeakybro

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 08:15 pm
@Leadfoot,
Nobody can control them. If you think you control them they have you deceived. I have lived without them and with them. I know how deceiving they can be. But I didn't know that when I had them. I only found out after they were gone. How they had me deceived. I gave up sex 25 years ago. I didn't know it could be done until I done it.
0 Replies

Dropship

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 02:53 am
Squeakybro asked- "What Is Your Goal in Life?"
--------------------------------------------------------------

Well I think this one is pretty good-
Jesus said - "The work God requires is to believe in the one he has sent" (John 6:28 )
And so is this-
"Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philip 2:12 KJV)

Or to put it another way, we should want to be Jesus's chum, then the rest will sort of click into place..Smile
Jesus said- "You're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends" (John 15:15)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/jesus-friends.gif

Dropship

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 03:08 am
Squeakybro said- "what I'm sharing with you is what the revelations of Jesus Christ said to me. In the past 25 years I have received over 2000 of these revelations"
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure I understand mate. When Jesus died on the cross he said "It is finished" (John 19:30)
So are you telling us that he was wrong and that the gospels are not enough?
Anyway, what new stuff is he telling you? Let us know so we can check it out..Smile
Dropship

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 03:25 am
chai2 said- "you just want to talk about the bible, right?
What if none of my goals are found in that silly book?"

----------------------------------------------------------------

Which of these goals sound silly to you mate?-
"Love one another, feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the destitute, tend the sick, visit the prisoners, look after the poor"- Jesus of Nazareth (Mark 12:30, John 13:34, Matt 25: 37-40)

Dropship

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 03:40 am
Anthony claimed- "No where in the Bible does it state that the soul is immortal...The Bible teaches that once a person dies they go into a state of complete inactivity, conscious of nothing"[/i]

Which Bible is that in?
In mine, Jesus makes it quite clear that [/i]"..whoever lives and believes in me will never die" (John 11:26)[/i]
And- "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life" (Matt 25:46)
'Eternal' must mean the soul is 'immortal'.
And 'punishment' must mean they're conscious of being punished on that great naughty step in the sky..Smile

Dropship

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 03:40 am
Anthony claimed- "No where in the Bible does it state that the soul is immortal...The Bible teaches that once a person dies they go into a state of complete inactivity, conscious of nothing"
------------------------------------------------------------

Which Bible is that in?
In mine, Jesus trumps the Old T and makes it quite clear that "..whoever lives and believes in me will never die" (John 11:26)....."Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life" (Matt 25:46)

Therefore, 'eternal' must mean immortal conciousness, either in paradise or on that nasty big naughty step..Smile
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 04:06 am
@Dropship,
Jesus commands us to do many things in the new testament.
John 15:14
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
(NKJ)

0 Replies