What Is Your Goal In Life???

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 11:17 am
What Is Your Goal??

1 Cor 12:1-2
1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be ignorant:
2 You know that you were Gentiles, carried away to these dumb idols, however you were led.
James 1:2-4
2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
Ps 23:1
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
1 Tim 6:6-12
6 Now godliness with contentment is great gain.
7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
8 And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.
9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition.
10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
11 But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness.
12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
1 Tim 6:11-12
11 But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness.
12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
1 Tim 6:14
14 that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing,
Phil 3:12-21
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.
16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind.
17 Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern.
18 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame-- who set their mind on earthly things.
20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.
Heb 11:24-27
24 By faith Moses, when he became of age, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter,
25 choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin,
26 esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt; for he looked to the reward.
27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king; for he endured as seeing Him who is invisible.
(NKJ)
XXX Do you want things in the world? Or do you desire eternal life? You cant have both.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 11:26 am
This one.

You have to admit it's pretty impressive.
arup1990

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 11:28 am
@izzythepush,
i have been wait for u
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 11:29 am
@izzythepush,
Not to me.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 11:41 am
@Squeakybro,
What do you know about football, or anything decent for that matter?
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 01:09 pm
I don't need much.
I would have been perfectly satisfied with just knowing what the reality behind existence is.
I didn't need all this money and stuff but it came anyway. Sometimes it's a damn nuisance.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 01:11 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:

What do you know about football, or anything decent for that matter?

Thanks izzy, that is the funniest thing I read all year!
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 01:12 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

Not to me.

So?

Did you post this question to ask people what their own goals are, or just to tell them you don't agree?
HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 03:37 pm
@Squeakybro,
To make it to the end without going on a culling spree of undesireables. Smile
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 04:45 pm
@izzythepush,
I know the bible and the is the most decent thing on earth.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 04:47 pm
@Leadfoot,
What are you doing with it?

2 Cor 8:13-15
13 For I do not mean that others should be eased and you burdened;
14 but by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may supply their lack, that their abundance also may supply your lack-- that there may be equality.
15 As it is written, "He who gathered much had nothing left over, and he who gathered little had no lack."
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 04:49 pm
@chai2,
I want them to ask themselves the question. Then compare that to the verses.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 05:13 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
@Leadfoot,
What are you doing with it?

Just trying to piss it away on BMWs, airplanes and other toys, but I can't get rid of it faster than it accumulates. If I saw a way to use it for something good, I'd be happy to.

You could say 'give it to the poor' but as Jesus said " The poor you have with you always". Bill Gates with all his billions can't eliminate poverty but good on him for trying.

The poverty we should be concerned about is poverty of the spirit. If I had all the money in the world I couldn't fix that.
chai2

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 05:43 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

I want them to ask themselves the question. Then compare that to the verses.

It would have been nice if you shared with us what you wanted.

In any event your comment of "not to me" to izzythepush was in no way indicating any respect to others in regards to what their goals are.

So, in other words, you just want to talk about the bible, right?

What if none of my goals are found in that silly book?

Is there anything else in this world you're interested in? Because you're quite the one trick pony here.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 05:48 pm
@Squeakybro,
Not in your hands. Why start a thread about football if you're just going to slag off a brilliant goal?
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 06:12 pm
@Leadfoot,
Well you will never know the Spirit until you obey the verses.

2 Cor 8:13-15
13 For I do not mean that others should be eased and you burdened;
14 but by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may supply their lack, that their abundance also may supply your lack-- that there may be equality.
15 As it is written, "He who gathered much had nothing left over, and he who gathered little had no lack."
(NKJ)
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 06:14 pm
@chai2,
Well then let me make it clear. There is nothing else in the world I am interested in.
chai2

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 06:39 pm
@Squeakybro,
That is so sad.

No other people, no entertainment/hobbies, a fulfilling job?

So you're really incapable of having a conversation about anything else?
You assume when you post we are all supposed to know your intentions without you stating it?

You have no spouse, children, gf/bf, friends period?

No walking, running, swimming, having a good meal?

No interest in anything else at all?

Then you're missing out on many of the joys the god you believe in has put right here for you to enjoy.

Isn't it going against your god to not be interested in the world you believe he created, and enjoy it?

I can't but think your god is quite unhappy with you, for not appreciating all that you believe has been given to you.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 07:32 pm
@chai2,
lolol Your going to attempt to tell me what God wants... Your arrogance is overshadowed by your ignorance.
People do all them things to find joy and happiness. I'm full of joy and happiness without all them things. You go looking for your joy and happiness in someone else. You do that because you don't really enjoy yourself and being with God.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 07:40 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Your arrogance is overshadowed by your ignorance.

That's ******* rich coming from you.

Back on topic. Pelle is a real good signing.