Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 02:26 am
When entering a church or a place of worship, a veil has to be worn. Now, in the Roman Catholic Church, veil is not compulsory. But we are being disrespectful to God, the One who is in the highest. According to the spirit of Ama, women and men alike have to wear a veil.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,654 • Replies: 12

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 03:04 am
@peacecrusader888,
What a load of old cobblers.
farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 04:10 am
@Lordyaswas,
actually hes a pod.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 05:08 am
This Ama is one Serious buzz kill.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 10:43 am
@peacecrusader888,
God (assuming Christian/Judaic) at no point demanded Moses or any character listed in the Bible to wear a veil, for any reason whatsoever.
If I, for instance, play golf at a course that demands a dress-code, beyond canvas (roomy) trousers, (Proper footwear, I accept) and a t-shirt/jumper (weather depending) - I leave, and play at one that isn't bat-**** crazy.
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2016 05:24 pm
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:

When entering a church or a place of worship, a veil has to be worn. Now, in the Roman Catholic Church, veil is not compulsory. But we are being disrespectful to God, the One who is in the highest. According to the spirit of Ama, women and men alike have to wear a veil.

Spirit of ama? I was rasied in the christian faith and this term is a fringe, un inspirational christian element. And something to do with head coverings among the christian faith is not based in history nor culture.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2016 06:58 pm
@Lilkanyon,
We.... there is this from the Bible (1 Cor 11:4-9)

Quote:
Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. It is for this reason that a woman ought to have authority over her own head, because of the angels.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 12:19 pm
@peacecrusader888,
I Catholicism respect is demanded, veil is optional. Why? Because the veil is meant to show respect.
farmerman

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 01:33 pm
@AugustineBrother,
I recall all the girls would pin hankies on their heads to cover the hair. Silly! Sister Mary Wombat ould chide them all for npt wearing those dumass clamshell hats.

We had to sit with our class es. Then Sr. Wombat would have us sty fter mass qnd sqy roary. It was a "My class is more holy thn your class,Sr Emu"
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 07:31 pm
@farmerman,
You are lifting typos to a virtual art form!

Speaking of clamshell hats, we used to call them ****-caps in the Army.
rubbywilliams

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 11:47 pm
Nobody is getting to the point! lol
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 02:03 am
@Leadfoot,
Army called them garrison caps.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 09:31 am
@roger,
You are such a conformist !