What Is Your Goal In Life???

neologist

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:45 am
@onevoice,
Squeaky wrote:
Satan is the ruler of this world.
onevoice wrote:
Only in the minds of the weak.
The daily news should provide ample evidence of Satan's dominion.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 10:24 am
@izzythepush,
lolol Don't you feel like the hypocrite. I post scriptures that contradict most everything you say. But you are right in what you told him.
onevoice

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 11:05 am
@izzythepush,
Did He give in? No. So you tell me Izzy.
onevoice

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 12:21 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
But you are right in what you told him.

Who? Me?
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 01:25 pm
@onevoice,
No izzy satan does rule the world.Satan is the wrath of God. Satan's throne is in the old testament. Jesus came to deliver us from the old testament law of sin and death. But only if we keep Jesus' commandments. Which is all over the new testament.

John 15:10
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
(NKJ)

John 14:21
21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."
(NKJ)

John 14:15
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 01:44 pm
@Squeakybro,
Let's reread what was said here:
I'll paraphrase, so correct me if I missed something
You said "Satan is the ruler of this world."
onevoice seemed to disagree. "Only in the mind."
izzy pointed out Satan's offer of the world to Jesus, making it one of the first places where he (or I) have agreed with you.

I think remedial reading is called for here.
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 01:50 pm
@neologist,
When your right your right. I am bound by spiritual truth to agree with truth.
I agreed with you on the trinity thing.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 02:17 pm
@onevoice,
Tell you what? How it all ended? What difference does that make? You said Satan doesn't rule the World, scripture indicates he had a sizable lump of it at least. That's what was being discussed, not what happens next.

Do you accept the scripture or not? If you don't fair enough, but you've got to base your Christianity on something.
neologist

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 04:14 pm
@izzythepush,
I get a chuckle when I think of Paul's teaching that all scripture is inspired (2 Timothy 3:16). All the 'believers' at first agree, then quibble about what costitutes 'scripture' so they may escape parts that are not convenient. Just think of our OP and his phobia over what he calls the 'Old' Testament.
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 04:58 pm
@neologist,
Ok lets talk about it. In all these versions it is either called the old testament or the old covenant. And according to strongs dictionary they both mean the same thing. What do you have that is different?

2 Cor 3:14
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
(NKJ)

14 But their minds were hardened; for to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away.
(RSV)

14 but their minds were hardened: for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remaineth, it not being revealed (to them) that it is done away in Christ.
(ASV)

14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
(KJV)

1242 diatheke (dee-ath-ay'-kay);

from 1303; properly, a disposition, i.e. (specially) a contract (especially a devisory will):

KJV-- covenant, testament.

neologist

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 05:37 pm
@Squeakybro,
Notice it does not say covenants or testaments, both plurals. It refers to a sinlgle covenant, the Law Covenant which, as Paul said at Galatians 3:24-25 "was put in place as our tutor (or, guardian) leading to Christ". Once Jesus fulfilled the law, its effects were no longer in place (obsolete). However, a study of the provisions of the law continues to teach us about God's personality.

There are many other covenants in the Hebrew writings yet to be fulfilled. You may wish to ignore them. I don't advise it.

Just as the Law Covenant occupied only a portion of the Hebrew text, the New Covenant is but a portion of the Christian scriptures. For example, who is the faithful and discrete slave mentioned by Jesus (Matthew 24:45). And (Luke 12:42)? Have you thought of it? Is it an individual or a class of people? And who are the domestics? The answer is in the meat, Squeaky. I've known it for years. What do you say?
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 07:09 pm
@neologist,
Well Jesus broke down the two covenant. Before Him and after Him. Simple huh! Why are you trying so hard to use part of the old testament? And it looks like you only want to use part of the new testament. Why?

John 10:8-9
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
(NKJ)

Matt 24:45
45 "Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season?
(NKJ)

Luke 12:42
42 And the Lord said, "Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his master will make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food in due season?
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 07:19 pm
@neologist,
Maybe this revelation will help you understand.
COVENANTS TWO COVENANTS(TESTAMENTS)
Gal 4:22-24
22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise,
24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar--
Gal 4:28-5:4
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.
29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman."
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.
CHAPTER 5
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
Heb 8:6-7
6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
Heb 7:18-19
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
Heb 7:22
22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.
Heb 9:15-17
15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
Heb 10:9-10
9 then He said, "Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first that He may establish the second.
10 By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)
Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
2 Cor 3:11-17
11 For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious.
12 Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech--
13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away.
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
Gal 4:19-21
19 My little children, for whom I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you,
20 I would like to be present with you now and to change my tone; for I have doubts about you.
21 Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?
Gal 4:25-26
25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children--
26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Gal 4:27
27 For it is written: "Rejoice, O barren, you who do not bear! Break forth and shout, you who are not in labor! For the desolate has many more children than she who has a husband."
Gal 3:20-23
20 Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one.
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law.
22 But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed.
Gal 4:6-7
6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!"
7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
Gal 3:12
12 Yet the law is not of faith, but "the man who does them shall live by them."
Gal 3:15
15 Brethren, I speak in the manner of men: Though it is only a man's covenant, yet if it is confirmed, no one annuls or adds to it.
Gal 3:17-18
17 And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect.
18 For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
Acts 13:39
39 "and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.
Luke 22:35-36
35 And He said to them, "When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?" So they said, "Nothing."
36 Then He said to them, "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.
Rom 8:13
13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
Rom 9:30-32
30 What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness of faith;
31 but Israel, pursuing the law of righteousness, has not attained to the law of righteousness.
32 Why? Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumbling stone.
James 2:10
10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
Heb 9:22
22 And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission.
(NKJ)
xxxx There are two covenants(testaments). Just as Abraham had to send one son away so we have to send one covenant away. You cant let them grow together inside you. One or the other not both. The old testament is the law of sin and death, first covenant. The new testament is the law of Christ second covenant.

Heb 10:9
9 then He said, "Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first that He may establish the second.
(NKJ)

Rom 7:4-9
4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another-- to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet."
8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.
9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.
(NKJ)

Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

Gal 6:2
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
(NKJ)
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 07:48 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeaky, have you read Song of Solomon?
onevoice

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 07:53 pm
@izzythepush,
Apology #2 for the day. Smile Izzy, I will get back to you on this as once again my tongue may have gotten ahead of my brain. Lol
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:04 pm
@onevoice,
Yes I have but it is no use to a Christian.
onevoice

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:11 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
Yes I have but it is no use to a Christian.

Huh. Interesting. Why is that?
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:22 pm
@onevoice,
One reason is because if you keep any part of the old testament that Jesus hasn't brought over to the new testament you will fall from grace. And be subject to obeying all of the old testament.

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

onevoice

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:28 pm
@Squeakybro,
You don't believe He brought covenant relationship to the new testament?
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:34 pm
@onevoice,
The new testament is a covenant. A new covenant. And Jesus changed the law.

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

He said it in another place also. If you don't abide(live) in the new testament you don't have the right God or the right Jesus.

II Jn 1:8-11
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

0 Replies