HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2015 07:02 am
@JackBlack93,
Care less about it being racist or exclusionary as it being illegal. Can't pick and choose who your store's seats are for. Every bit as illegal as refusing to serve gays.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2015 07:41 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Since Amish isn't a race, it would be difficult to consider this racist.

I'm not so interested in a photo, but I would love the address of the Amish market.

When I worked at Biscuits and Bath (the Tribeca location) I often wandered into their Tribeca location. They had some sweet Japanese rice thingies dessert (can't remember what they're called) but they were stuffed with their signature mushed beans.

EDIT: They might be called Daifuku. There was the green tea version and the plain one.

For you, mademoiselle!
53 Park Pl, New York, NY 10007
(212) 608-3863
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2015 07:45 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

JackBlack93 wrote:
"SEATING IS FOR AMISH CUSTOMERS ONLY"

errr

if it's anything like restaurants here, the sign means it is only customers of the Amish market who can be seated inside the restaurant

(just thought of it because my favourite Ramen joint has a similar sign - Seating for Ajisen customers only)

Thank you Beth. It's clearly just a pisspoor worded sign (lazy editing and such).
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2015 09:51 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I am part WASP and part Jew (but no Amish that I know of). I fit into a couple of different buckets.

I believe by DNA analysis, most Jews are part Gentile; more common in the pagan era for such mixing. Jewish boys found themselves, based on a family business, in a very pagan environment, and a local girl thought the Jewish boy was interesting - he listened to her. Just my opinion, of course.
0 Replies