please help! i really want this to work

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 06:21 pm
ok im 18 and im an EMT for my local ambulance corps...saw sum1 else on here whos an EMT too...very nice...but anyway, i was workin the other day droppin sum1 off at the hospital and comin out of another ambulance from another corps in the area was this girl...by far the most beautiful girl ive ever seen. I got a few of my friends from that corps to get her name for me and now i wanna like contact her but how do i do that without coming across as a stalker or a weirdo
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 706 • Replies: 5
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 07:33 pm
Arrange for her to have a terrible "accident". Then you will be there to rescue her! You will comfort her on the way to the hospital, keep close tabs while she's in the ICU, then romance will inevitably blossom!

On second thought, you'd be better off going the stalker route.
0 Replies

lab rat

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 06:41 am
Can you get mutual friends to organize a small group social event and invite both you and her? That way, you can approach her and let her get to know you a bit in a non-intimidating environment, rather than just calling her out of the blue.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 09:16 am
Meeting the Girl
Hi doogiedan:

Sorry you haven't received many replies yet for suggestions. This is a difficult one. I'm sure everyone is thinking about it. What do you do?

I wouldn't recommend that you take Nick Fun's advice, but lab rat came up with a good idea.

You both work for a local ambulance corp. Perhaps this mutual connection will give you more opportunities to meet her.

The next time you see her in the ambulance bay at the hospital, introduce yourself to her, and strike up a conversation about your EMT duties. Since she is beautiful, she probably gets hit on a lot. So, when you get an opportunity to meet her, don't comment on her beauty. Don't admire her beauty like a love-sick puppy. Don't stare. Don't drool all over her with gushing compliments. Act natural and confident. End your first impromptu conversation with something like, "nice to meet you--see you around."

You will undoubtedly find ways to meet her and to have conversations with her. I think the important thing is not to come on too strong. That will probably turn her off right away. Show interest in her as a person and ask her questions (e.g., why did you decide to become an EMT?).

You are young! You will meet many beautiful women in your lifetime. Although her beauty might be the thing that initially attracts you to her, you have to try and get past physical beauty and see if the two of you have compatible personalities and interests.

Happy fishing!
0 Replies

SueZCue

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 09:58 am
Been there. The best way is to just call her and be yourself. No special plan is necessary. She'll be flattered and I'm sure she'll be interested in meeting someone so forward and confident!

Let us know how it goes!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 10:50 am
I agree with Debra.

Good luck :-D
0 Replies