Fighting Terrorism and Promoting Democracy

Booman

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 05:06 pm
Yep. we're on the same page....What's that they say about great minds? Cool
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 05:42 pm
Booman, Who's GW? You talk'n about the pres? Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 07:09 pm
Oh, my -- Booman, you've unmasked me! All that self-effacing commentary, trying to show that I am but your humble servent --
the President!

Very Happy Well, actually, c.i. -- on Abuzz I couldn't use "Lightwizard" as when I first joined, their programming actually worked and it was a duplication! So I used my real initials in from - GWlightwizard. I was later able to change it to my Internet ID.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 07:22 pm
I would never accuse you of being the infamous "Dubya"...We'll just put the blame on C.I. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 07:52 pm
Whoa there kimosabe, this senior doesn't have that good a memory. I've forgotten about 99 percent of Abuzz, until you reminded me that they exist. Besides, I don't remember "Booman" from Abuzz. Maybe he's part of the 99 percent. Wink
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 09:34 pm
WELL!......& Hmmph!... Evil or Very Mad

Now you've got me in a snit,C.I.!..But I'll get over it. I guess I came along when it was in decline.

And I thought I was unforgetable. (sniff)... Sad
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 10:02 pm
Cheeez, I didn't realize it was an insult! You see, it's what is called my "senior moment," and most people find it in their hearts to forgive. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 11:30 pm
Who couldn't forgive a swell guy like you,C.I.? Very Happy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 11:44 pm
Sigh, Embarrassed
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 09:16 pm
Lightwizard,

Thanks for an interesting thread.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 12:25 pm
Thanks, georgeob1 and I thinks it's kinda drained out so I'm going to demote it!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 12:41 pm
The war on terrorism continues, and we hear of arrests on a regular basis. If this keeps up, the terrorists will continue to go deeper underground, and most will die a regular death. Democracy for all cultures and countries is an ideal which will not be possible in today's world. The world powers still ignore many tyranical leaders, and that's not about to change any time soon. c.i.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 01:05 pm
Okay, c.i. -- after some digression, you just injected some life back into the thread. According to a veiled bit of braging in the SOTU address, apparantly we've been killing suspected terrorists with no information if they were trying to flee, were firing on international agents, etc. Although this could be foreign secret service, it still all sounds rather James Bond to me. Terrorism is a cancer which can be surgically removed bit by bit but it's unlikely that it won't pop up somewhere else each time the surgery is done. If we have anything that's a metaphor for Kemo therepy, it's promoting democracy as a valid, magnanimous and beneficial answer to people's problems and sufferings around the world. We should be using a soft sell technique or as it's known, an ethical persuasion. I don't believe we have anyone in this administration who knows how to soft sell anything. They are using closing room techniques more apropos for a used car agency. They're kicking a lot of stuff around but the results aren't really showing up. There is possibly a statesman in Colin Powell but that still remains to be seen. Rumsfeld is the bludgeon type of salesman and it is, in fact, it is his background that dictates that. Dubya is the slick salesman (or, at least, he thinks he is although I suspect it's Karl Rove) Beware the salesman and their sly smile.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 01:17 pm
LW, The major problem with our leaders is their detachment from other problems areas of the world while they concentrate of Iraq and North Korea. This paragraph appears in a CNN-News article; "The countries and regions in conflict identified for this project are: Angola, the Balkans, Burundi, Colombia, Indonesia, Kashmir, the Philippines, Uzbekistan, Venezuela and Zimbabwe." These are the areas that require our attention, because without it, it produces the kind of extremism that came out of Saudi Arabia and Egypt. c.i.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 01:32 pm
...The longerer, this thing drags on, the confuseder, I get. On one hand, I am quite skeptical of the alleged evidence, Rolling Eyes Dubya, and his minions, purport to have. I'm thinking, if they had it , they would have shown some of it, at least by now.
...However, There is aways the possibility, they could be telling the truth, and have their reasons, for not showing it at this time. In this instance, I am growing, increasingly wary, that the anti-war people, in this country, and the world at large, are not willing to back up the, already issued ultimatums.
...This really irks me. I live by the policy that if finds himself in the regrettable position of having to issue an ultimatum, he should be prepared to follow up, immediately, and unequivocally. If we were not willing to do this, we should have simply said , "Mr. Hussein, would you please comply, with these requests?". If he refused. Just leave him alone, until he kills somebody. I know that doesn't sound pleasing, but why bother to sell wolf tickets, if you're not going to back them up? You either sh*t, or get off the pot!
...I am esentially, a peace loving person. So I say, explore, all avenues of a peaceful soloution. If that doesn' work, you go to plan B, and not in a half-ass way..... and that's my two cents worth.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 01:38 pm
The 9/ll "project" may have been put together in the Phillipines. It's a big world and there's lots of nooks and crannies to hide -- look how many years the escaped Nazi's hid out and many likely died away from Germany (well, maybe even in Germany itself).
You've named a lot of countries where these terrorists can operate and already had an infrastructure -- I think we're just in the intital stage of pin pricking at that infrastructure. We're not paying enough attention to what the causes are. The world publicized failed assasination during Reagan's term of office began the roiling of the pot, along with the Khadafi retaliation which is more difficult to determine a justice. There are no intelligent statesmen who have a chance in the political atmosphere of Washington D.C.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 01:38 pm
Booman, As I sat reading your post, while eating my cereal....... Sad c.i.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 01:44 pm
Exactly LW,
...That's why I was using street terms, ("wolf-tickets" etc.,) in describing Dubya's foreign policy, pronouncments. he comes across like a thug, blustering, and "selling wolf tickets", then he has to follow that up with activity dictated by beaurecratically fueled, diplomacy.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 01:49 pm
Hope I didn't ruin your meal C.I.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 01:59 pm
I think I satisfied LW's "drink and fart" suggestion. c.i.
0 Replies