Kerrys voting record

Karzak

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 09:54 am
Kerry voted against a bill that increased penalties for dealing drugs at schools.

Why did Kerry want to stop efforts to remove drug dealers from schools?

Senator John Forbes Kerry voted NO.

Vote to increase penalties on certain drug-related crimes.

S 625: A Bill to Revise U.S. Bankruptcy Laws

Vote to increase penalties on certain drug-related crimes. The amendment would specifically target the manufacturing or trafficking of amphetamines and methamphetamines and possession of powder cocaine. It would also set stronger penalties for dealing drugs to minors or near a school.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,082 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Redheat

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 10:01 am
Let's take a look at Cheney's shall we? Bush didn't have one since before becoming Prez he was only a figure head in TX.

Quote:
That economic answer might explain his vote against funding Head Start, an early education program for disadvantaged children, but it doesn't cover other votes in his record, such as ones against banning armor-piercing "cop-killer" bullets and against a resolution urging the government of South Africa to release black anti-apartheid leader Nelson Mandela from prison after two decades.

On his vote against the Equal Rights Amendment, Cheney said he feared it would lead to drafting women into military service. Congress approved the ERA under Democratic majorities, but it failed to win ratification by enough states to add it to the Constitution. On NBC's Today, Cheney said that his vote against Head Start came after "there were questions about whether or not Head Start was effective." The program is now widely accepted by both parties in Congress.

Cheney cited the Constitution in defending his votes on gun-control issues. His was one of only four House votes against banning plastic guns that can slip past weapons detection equipment and one of 21 against banning the cop-killer bullets.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/conv/004.htm

Quote:
Cheney Proposed to Cut Defense Programs Vital to Recent Military Operations
Cheney Proposed Cutting F-16 Aircraft. In testimony before the House Armed Services Committee, Cheney said, "If you're going to have a smaller air force, you don't need as many F-16s...The F-16D we basically continue to buy and close it out because we're not going to have as big a force structure and we won't need as many F-16s." According to the Boston Globe, Bush's 1991 defense budget "kill[ed] 81 programs for potential savings of $ 11.9 billion...Major weapons killed include[d]....the Air Force's F-16 airplane." [Cheney testimony, House Armed Services Committee, 2/7/91; Boston Globe, 2/5/91]

Cheney Proposed Cuts to B-2 Program. According to the Boston Globe, in 1990, "Defense Secretary Richard Cheney announced a cutback... of nearly 45 percent in the administration's B-2 Stealth bomber program, from 132 airplanes to 75..." [Boston Globe, 4/27/90]

Cheney Proposed Cutting AH-64 Apaches. In testimony before the Senate Appropriations Committee, Defense Subcommittee, Cheney said, "This is just a list of some of the programs that I've recommended termination: the V-22 Osprey, the F-14D, the Army Helicopter Improvement Program, Phoenix missile, F-15E, the Apache helicopter, the M1 tank, et cetera." In testimony before the House Armed Services Committee, Cheney said, "The Army, as I indicated in my earlier testimony, recommended to me that we keep a robust Apache helicopter program going forward, AH-64...I forced the Army to make choices...So I recommended that we cancel the AH-64 program two years out." [Cheney testimony, Senate Appropriations Committee, Defense Subcommittee, 6/12/90; Cheney Testimony, House Armed Services Committee, 7/13/89, emphasis added]

Cheney Proposed Cutting M-1 Abrams Tanks. In testimony before the Senate Appropriations Committee, Defense Subcommittee, Cheney said, "This is just a list of some of the programs that I've recommended termination: the V-22 Osprey, the F-14D, the Army Helicopter Improvement Program, Phoenix missile, F-15E, the Apache helicopter, the M1 tank, et cetera." The Boston Globe reported on the impact of Cheney's cuts to armored tanks: "The Army's cupboard is left particularly bare. Coming in the wake of last year's killing of the M-1 tank and the Apache helicopter, the death of the M-2 means the Army will soon have virtually no major weapons in production." [Cheney testimony, Senate Appropriations Committee, Defense Subcommittee, 6/12/90; Boston Globe, 2/5/91]

Cheney Proposed Cutting B-52 Bombers. In 1990, Cheney proposed cutting 14 B-52 bombers. Cheney also sought the retirement of two Navy battleships, two nuclear cruisers, and eight nuclear-powered attack submarines. In 1991, Cheney scrapped the Navy's A-12 Stealth attack plane, a fighter that was proclaimed to be a key part of the future of navy aviation in advanced stealth technology. [Newsday, 2/5/91; NY Times, 1/8/91; Boston Globe, 4/27/90; Boston Globe, 1/30/90]

Cheney's Record as Secretary of Defense Includes Cutting Troops and Bases

Cheney Cut Thousands of Active-Duty, Reserve, and Civilian Forces. In January 1990, Cheney banned the hiring of any new civilian personnel in the Defense Department through the end of September, which left more than 65,000 jobs vacant. Under the budget proposed in 1990, the Pentagon would have reduced active military personnel by 38,000; selected reserves would have fallen by 3,000. The budget called for the deactivation of two Army divisions. Long range, the Pentagon planned to reduce its work force by 300,000, including about 200,000 military personnel and 100,000 civilians. In 1991, he called for reduction of 200,000 active and reserve military personnel over two years. In 1992, Cheney called for cutting 500,000 active-duty people, 200,000 reservists, and 200,000 civilians over five years. [Minneapolis Star-Tribune, 2/2/92; Chicago Tribune, 2/20/91; 1990 CQ Almanac, p. 672; Washington Post, 1/13/90; Boston Globe, 1/30

For More
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 10:12 am
You don't know the half of it, Karzak.

Kerry actually used to sell crack to the elementary school children in my home town.

Before I cleaned myself up, he and I used to do cocaine lines of the asses of prostitutes, then shoot up and molest girl scouts together. On occasion, after that we'd punch nuns on their way to the hospital, steal a car in order to run down cripples and urinate on homeless people, then top the whole night off by deficating on an American flag.

Good times.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 10:23 am
You don't know very much about the political process, do you Karzak.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 10:27 am
Redheat wrote:
Let's take a look at Cheney's shall we?

ROTFLMAO, so your opinion is that if kerry doesn't want to stop drug dealars from selling drugs to schoolkids, it's OK, because Cheney didn't want to ban "cop killer" bullets that haven't killed any cops and plastic guns that don't exist?

LOL, you crack me up!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 10:28 am
ebrown_p wrote:
You don't know very much about the political process, do you Karzak.

He knows just enough to create mischief in support of his cause...
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 11:01 am
Re: Kerrys voting record
Karzak wrote:
Kerry voted against a bill that increased penalties for dealing drugs at schools.

Why did Kerry want to stop efforts to remove drug dealers from schools?

Senator John Forbes Kerry voted NO.

Vote to increase penalties on certain drug-related crimes.

S 625: A Bill to Revise U.S. Bankruptcy Laws

Vote to increase penalties on certain drug-related crimes. The amendment would specifically target the manufacturing or trafficking of amphetamines and methamphetamines and possession of powder cocaine. It would also set stronger penalties for dealing drugs to minors or near a school.

The penlaties for dealing drugs at school are plenty harsh already. Most of the "drug dealers" are kids selling pot to their friends. I know many people that did this and I even did a bit of it myself back in the late 70's. Didn't you do a few recreational drugs back in the old days Karzak?
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 11:09 am
http://www.vote-smart.org/issue_keyvote_detail.php?vote_id=2647&can_id=S0421103

Link to the vote, most all Democrats and even one Republican voted N on this bill which was attached to the Bankruptcy bill.

I think the problem the Bush Loyalist have would be their inability to comprehend the legislative process. Often times a bill will be voted down (against) because of other bills attached. This is a tactic used by the politicans to attach otherwise conteversial bills to more mainstream bill in order to force a vote. So often times a bill which contains some pork will be voted down because there is something attached that say; favors only one Republican and their state.

Another Kerry Vote:

Quote:
Yes- Vote on an amendment to prohibit alcohol advertisements on billboards, signs and posters in public in the District of Columbia where children are likely to walk to school or play.

There are many in this country that feel the war on "drugs" is wasted money and throwing good money after bad. Besides States are always free to pass and finance laws that would deal with the very issue that was the basis of this thread.

Quote:

Didn't you do a few recreational drugs back in the old days Karzak?

Isn't that evident?
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 11:14 am
Redheat wrote:
http://www.vote-smart.org/issue_keyvote_detail.php?vote_id=2647&can_id=S0421103

Link to the vote, most all Democrats and even one Republican voted N on this bill

So all dems and one republican are soft on drug dealers.
0 Replies

astromouse

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 11:51 am
Yes they are all on the drug lords payroll.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 12:09 pm
astromouse wrote:
Yes they are all on the drug lords payroll.

Well, that isn't the only explaination, but if you say so.

Are they on abortion doctors payroll as well?
0 Replies

astromouse

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 12:35 pm
yeah , that too,
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 12:48 pm
Karzak wrote:
and plastic guns that don't exist?

Seriously man... are you on meds or something?
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 01:15 pm
JustanObserver wrote:
Karzak wrote:

Do you need meds you are not getting?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 01:20 pm
Karzak,

I heard that Kerry once introduced a bill banning morons from making idiotic partisan arguments out of ignorance--lucky for you that one wasn't passed, eh? Phew!
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 01:26 pm
kickycan wrote:
Karzak,

I heard that Kerry once introduced a bill banning morons from making idiotic partisan arguments out of ignorance--lucky for you that one wasn't passed, eh? Phew!

Yea, or I wouldn't have your post to reply to!
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 01:33 pm
Karzak wrote:
Do you need meds you are not getting?

Can you try again? That kind of sucked.

/another thread down in flames...congrats!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 01:35 pm
Karzak wrote:
kickycan wrote:
Karzak,

You really got me with that one brainiac. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 01:36 pm
JustanObserver wrote:
Karzak wrote:

Shocked You say this and then have the nerve to say

Quote:
Can you try again? That kind of sucked.

/another thread down in flames...congrats!

Impressive bit of shenanigans.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 01:42 pm
kickycan wrote:
Karzak wrote:
kickycan wrote:
Karzak,

You really got me with that one brainiac. Rolling Eyes

Yes, yes I did.

But really it was your own post that "got" you, it made you look foolish.

I guess you play the hand God dealt you.
0 Replies