Facebook message marked as unread and mind games

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2015 02:06 am
Hi I recently got back from Turkey (I was there for a week) and I had a blast of a time. I enjoyed myself like never before and had such an amazing time that I'm still sad to be back in England.

Anyway, during my stay, I visited the resort spa three times for a Turkish bath and full body massage. My masseur was a really cute guy in his 20's and during the massage, he was a little shy but he did make small talk during the massage. He said he thought I was really hot and that he really enjoyed giving me the massage. My final massage with him was very erotic. He touched me everywhere and made me so turned to the point where we could both see my erection sticking through the towels. After we were done he asked if I had Facebook or Whatsapp and I told him my number and my full name. He gave me some card with his name on but at the time I wasn't sure why he had given it. I now realise that he wanted me to meet him in his hotel room.

Anyway the next day, at around 12pm, I received a request from him and accepted right away. Now here's where it gets frustrating. I said "hello" but he wasn't online after he added me so I waited all day. I went down to a gym near the spa and he ended up seeing me and we smiled at each other and he waited outside which is when I left the gym and went to chat to him. We talked for a bit and then I hugged him and he went back to work.

Later, when I checked Facebook, it said that he had been online. My message was still unread so I assumed he hadn't read it. I received no reply at all. Once I had landed back in the UK on Saturday, I told him that I would miss him. He replied and said he would miss me too. After that I said I would love to meet him again and he replied a day later saying "me too" (his English isn't that good). After that I replied "so sweet of you" and he read it but did not reply.

On Tuesday I noticed that my message no longer had "seen" written under it which means he marked the message as unread. I don't know why he's doing this. I've posted a few pictures and statuses since I've been back and he's liked all of them. However, ever since he marked the message as unread, he did not like my two recent posts. I think I might have done something to upset him but I have no idea what.

I would also like to add that on Saturday evening, he popped up in my whatsapp chat list but when I clicked on his name, there was no message. This leads me to believe that he sent something and then cancelled it directly after so that he would appear in my whatsapp and would grab my attention. Because of his lack of communication on Facebook, I didn't whatsapp him because I thought I would annoy him. I really want to message him but i don't wanna come across as needy.. I don't know if he still likes me. Is he doing this because he's shy and his English is not that well? It's driving me crazy Sad

Some advice would great thanks Smile

URL: http://able2know.org/topic/288378-1
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 823 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2015 05:50 am
@ExoticAttraction,
The social media universe is difficult enough to navigate when the parties all speak the same offline language. So divining what he means is going to be difficult at best. Part of it's language, or it's culture, or it's experience or age or class or a thousand other things.

I suspect that he saw you as a stranger he was potentially interested in (or able to) screwing. Then that didn't happen. But, seriously, I doubt there would be much of a difference in his behavior or his reaction if anything actually had happened.

After all, unless you get to Turkey frequently, there's not a whole helluva lot that can come from this. If you're just looking for someone to Skype and Whatsapp with, then your feelings are over the top and a bit misplaced. You would do better and be a lot happier if you sought someone similar near your home. Long distance is not all it's cracked up to be, and that's when people are in strong commitments with a ton of history behind them.

You, instead, have an erection and a hug. Regardless of how wonderful either of them were, if you are going to be at all honest with yourself, you've got to know that they're not much. Hell, you have about as much a relationship with me right now (heh; I'm married) as you do with him.

Take his social media likes and attentions for what they are worth - superficial contact with someone he met briefly, where he does not have to put himself out or risk himself in any manner.

And look for your relationships a lot closer to home next time.
ExoticAttraction

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2015 06:08 am
@jespah,
Everything you said fits in so well to how I'm beginning to feel. I guess I just enjoyed the chase. I was just very flattered that I managed to attract someone on holiday (something which I never expected). I have not had an active relationship with anybody since last September so I guess meeting this guy fulfilled a need in me to feel wanted. Someone close to home would be the better option, however, I would like to stay in contact with the guy I met in Turkey. I'm gonna stop being a wuss and just message him. If he replies, then great and if doesn't reply then good riddance to him.
jespah

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2015 06:35 am
@ExoticAttraction,
There ya go.

I'm sure there are excellent men a lot closer to home. Smile
0 Replies