The Most Boring Movies You've Ever Seen

Rosslyn

Mon 11 Oct, 2004 01:26 pm
spartacus......... you are not referring to the crazy feminists who demanded votes in old times in UK by violence, are you? 'cos I also do History >_<
Or are you referring to the slave who led other slaves to a rebellion? Or are you just completely talking about something different? Eh Panzade?
0 Replies

panzade

Mon 11 Oct, 2004 01:29 pm
nothing crazier than a limey feminist...what I say...
0 Replies

Rosslyn

Mon 11 Oct, 2004 01:31 pm
You confuse me greatly, panzade.

I assure you I am no feminist, let alone "limey" feminist. I'm happy the way woman are these days. The choice we have of being traditional or controversial.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Mon 11 Oct, 2004 01:32 pm
Latin spelled backwards is Nital.
0 Replies

panzade

Mon 11 Oct, 2004 01:35 pm
I'm sorry rosslyn, I'm in a playful mood. I was trying to imagine The Gladiator dubbed in Latin being shown at English public schools...you do go to a public school don't you rosslyn?
0 Replies

Rosslyn

Mon 11 Oct, 2004 01:38 pm
A state school, not independent, yes. Well I'm afraid you got me wrong there...... it's in English. Usual Latin End-of-term treat. Galadiator was the year before last, Troy was last year, and I'm wondering was this year would be........
0 Replies

panzade

Mon 11 Oct, 2004 01:40 pm
" A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum" I suppose.
0 Replies

Rosslyn

Mon 11 Oct, 2004 01:43 pm
V. ironic!
0 Replies

carrie

Tue 12 Oct, 2004 02:41 am
cheers panzade and light wizard. That was it! May have to re-evaluate the film, time for a re watch I think!

Cheers
0 Replies

willow tl

Tue 12 Oct, 2004 04:00 am
just watched Hans Christian Anderson..perhaps the worst musical ever...my roomie love Danny Kaye so i had to sit through it...(slept really :-) )
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Tue 12 Oct, 2004 09:36 am
This year it's "Alexander" about Alexander the Great with Colin Farrell. Historical epics have returned but we've had no big musical this year considering the success of "Moulin Rouge" and "Chicago."
0 Replies

fallen2you

Thu 14 Oct, 2004 10:48 am
1. Blue Crush
2. How to Deal
3. Napoleon Dynamite

I'm pretty sure there are tons more, but thats what i can come up with at the top of my head.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Thu 14 Oct, 2004 02:30 pm
Welcome, fallen2you to A2K. What prompted you to go see these films? I know I've been drawn into films on cable that became total bores a half-hour into the film and I turned them off.
0 Replies

fallen2you

Thu 14 Oct, 2004 09:49 pm
hey! thanks for ther welcome, lightwizard Smile

well, interesting question Idea , i didn't actually see them on TV...my taste is really really versatile and dynamic, i love watching all kinds of movies and i dont usually write one off b/c of reviews or criticism, i like to go see it for myself b/c sometimes i end up liking something that other people hate, you know? so yeah, i went to see those three movies with a few friends, and god, they were horrid and excrutiatingly boring! Smile
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Thu 14 Oct, 2004 10:06 pm
I just remembered a doozie!

Jacobs Ladder. 1990. Mystery/horror starring Tim Robbins, Macualy Culkin, Danny Aiello and Jason Alexander (can't remember him tho).

A real 'where is this film going?' experience and by the final denouement, you are just mystified about why you wasted time in watching it. Senseless.
0 Replies

Lady J

Sun 17 Oct, 2004 10:55 am
Two Kevin Costner films, both boring as can be:

The Postman
Waterworld
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Sun 17 Oct, 2004 12:18 pm
I never got through "The Postman" and "Waterworld" was too obvious an outcome to have any surprise or suspense.

Welcome to A2K, Lady J!
0 Replies

Lady J

Sun 17 Oct, 2004 12:31 pm
Merci beaucoup, Lightwizard! I am thoroughly enjoying this community of diverse, intelligent, warm hearted souls. Smile
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Sun 17 Oct, 2004 04:31 pm
I made it through the first 20 mins of 'Martrix' - white rabbits, red pills, blue pills - and I think I know why Keanu has that permanently puzzled look on his face.

And they went on to make 2 more! If boredom killed the UN would have banned them as a WMD.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Sun 17 Oct, 2004 07:44 pm
"The Matrix" is a date sci-fi concept of machines covertly controlling the world. There was a few nice new twists to it but it was good for one sci-fi action movie. It's more Hollywood disposable entertainment -- I'm not really that interested in seeing them again.
0 Replies