The Most Boring Movies You've Ever Seen

djjd62

Thu 21 Oct, 2010 07:14 am
watched avatar the last airbender the other night, i realize i'm not exactly the demographic they were going for, but i usually like a good fantasy flick, i thought the bridge to terebithia and the spiderwick chronicles were great, but this piece of crap, oof, deadly dull
Dorothy Parker

Thu 21 Oct, 2010 07:17 am
@djjd62,
I assume you saw Avatar on DVD. Do you think you would have enjoyed it more at the cinema?
djjd62

Thu 21 Oct, 2010 07:25 am
@Dorothy Parker,
not Avatar the james cameron movie (although i didn't like it much either), this is a movie based on a japanese manga (comic book) made by the sixth sense, unbreakable guy
Dorothy Parker

Thu 21 Oct, 2010 07:31 am
@djjd62,
oooooh ok. soz
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 21 Oct, 2010 09:18 am
@djjd62,
It's highly likely that the Last Airbender film will score big at this year's Razzies.
0 Replies

Gypsydancer

Tue 26 Oct, 2010 12:22 pm
@Dartagnan,
It's too long a list to reduce to just one, but if I had to it would be Titanic! I don't mean to be cruel, but all I wanted to see was that ship on the bottom of the ocean. If I hear the theme song one more time I may have to wear ear plugs in all public elevators.And then there was Gone With The Wind...wish it had gone with itself into oblivion.
0 Replies

aidan

Wed 24 Nov, 2010 04:18 am
I went to see the new Harry Potter movie last night as a favor to my daughter. She really wanted the whole family to go together to see this one - because we'd all gone to see the first one together.
I fell asleep in that one - but I thought it might just have been because it was Christmas day and I'd been up late the night before, busy getting the Christmas presents wrapped and stuff- or anti-climax - Christmas being done and over.

Well, all these years, she's gone to see the other Harry Potters with her brother or friends - people who actually gave a crap - but I thought, mainly because she begged and there was nothing else for me to watch at the same time in another theatre, that I'd go see this one.

What a mistake. I just don't get the point of this Harry Potter guy. I mean I know I don't know the background, etc. but it's not attractively shot and Daniel Radcliffe is just priggish and unattractive (not physically - he just doesn't hold my interest - actually I like Ron better) and it just went on and on and on and on.
Even my son who likes the books and was so/so on the prior movies said this one sucked.
I fell asleep again - and I wasn't even tired.
I'd rather sit through Twilight - the Eclipse - sixteen times than sit through this Deathly Hallows again. (Another movie series I have to go to with my daughter).
I felt like I was in some sort of deathly hallows and would never escape.
I have to say - this was the longest and most boring movie I've ever seen.
No more Harry Potter for me - EVER!
vinsan

Wed 24 Nov, 2010 09:23 pm
MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA

What a long, looong, loooooong movie.
vinsan

Wed 24 Nov, 2010 09:29 pm
@aidan,
Quote:

May be these guys will cheer you up!

Potter Pals - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-a8USS84F4

Luv them. Smile
0 Replies

Wilso

Fri 26 Nov, 2010 07:41 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

I heard a couple of critics here say how it just went on and on with the superfluous garbage, and the two parter that this is could have been finished easily in one, and it was purely a financial decision to cash in. I saw the previous one, and thought it was crap. After what I've heard, I'm not going to bother with this one.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Fri 26 Nov, 2010 10:13 pm
@vinsan,
I didn't like the book, an update of Gone with the Wind.
tsarstepan

Fri 26 Nov, 2010 10:48 pm
I'm 40 minutes into the frustrating and very dull garbage can that's the documentary William Kunstler: Disturbing the Universe.

Don't bother with this hagiography of a scumbag lawyer William Kunstler. I watch the rest of the film but am biting my tongue and will tolerate the rest of the 45 minutes. It doesn't deserve to be on the Oscars Best Documentary Feature shortlist.
Wilso

Fri 26 Nov, 2010 10:58 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

I didn't like the book, an update of Gone with the Wind.

Forgive me for going off topic here, but I just can't resist reminding POM that if my wife had her stuck up attitude, that stunning little girl in my avatar wouldn't exist. So screw you.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Fri 26 Nov, 2010 11:21 pm
@tsarstepan,
Let me reiterate! William Kunstler: Disturbing the Universe was an absolute shite film!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 27 Nov, 2010 12:04 am
I have to say, I admire Kunstler, and I consider the film wonderful.
0 Replies

royable

Fri 20 May, 2011 04:14 am
@kickycan,
300. I think i slept off the later part of the movie.
0 Replies

royable

Sat 28 May, 2011 09:41 pm
@kickycan,
The Men who Stare at Goats
tsarstepan

Sat 28 May, 2011 09:46 pm
@royable,
I tried to watch The Men who Stare at Goats and stopped 20 or so minutes into. So not feeling that movie. Annoyed me so much.
Irishk

Sat 28 May, 2011 10:32 pm
@tsarstepan,
You lasted a little longer than I did. Such a shame, too, because it had a great cast. I've been wondering if maybe I should give it another chance and try to watch the whole thing. Maybe some lazy, rainy afternoon ... nah, I have some good books itching to be read. I'm done with Goats!
0 Replies

bam52468

Wed 28 Sep, 2011 12:14 am
@kickycan,
twilight
0 Replies