The Most Boring Movies You've Ever Seen

Valpower

Mon 4 Apr, 2005 11:14 am
Paaskynen wrote:
This film must be based on a very old story.

"Open Water" is based on somewhat recent events.

The True Story Behind Disturbing 'Open Water' Movie
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Mon 4 Apr, 2005 11:16 am
"The George Bush Takes The S.A.T.'s" movie.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Mon 4 Apr, 2005 11:19 am
Been on a movie binge, thanks to finally having a car and the movies being in second run. Besides, MDB, I saw The Aviator (which should have won best pic); Hotel Rwanda; A Very Long Engagement (masterpiece); The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou; Sideways. All were better than MDB!
0 Replies

FunkyHoward123

Wed 6 Apr, 2005 04:22 pm
Boring movies ive seen were

1. A.I.
2. E.T
3. Taxi
4. plenty out there
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Wed 6 Apr, 2005 08:36 pm
The movie 'Lifeboat' is probably what P-nen was referring to. It is pre-WW2. Sadly, the events of 'Open Water' were sort of true. Horrific way to die - and all due to the slackness of the tour operator.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 6 Apr, 2005 09:42 pm
The first Ocean's Eleven. I tried to watch it three times, but became progressively more bored. I didn't bother to watch the remake either.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Thu 7 Apr, 2005 12:26 pm
I thought A.I. was boring. I also thought Ocean's 11 was very light weight. There was a tv critic at the Boston Globe who used to rate shows as ok to watch if you're at home and ok to watch if you're sick. I thought it was ok to watch if you're sick.
0 Replies

NickFun

Thu 7 Apr, 2005 07:47 pm
ET Boring??? Are we talking about the movie that shot Drew Barrymore to stardom? I LIKED that movie!
0 Replies

SlyEnemy

Thu 14 Apr, 2005 01:01 pm
Both Tomb Raider films felt like I was sucking crack through a straw while I sat on my hands till they went numb.

That bad.
0 Replies

booman2

Sat 23 Apr, 2005 03:49 pm
What are you people, masochists? Confused

I've never watched a boring movie longer twenty minutes. Even if I was a captive audience, I went to sleep, or started day dreaming.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Mon 25 Apr, 2005 11:13 am
Generally, unless a movie repels me, if I find it boring, I keep watching, hoping it will improve. Also, I formerly dated a man who wanted to see things like, "Face Off" and "Speed." Both of which bored me but it is hard to walk out when you're with someone who thinks movies are supposed to be about action.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Mon 25 Apr, 2005 11:22 am
The eternal, and perhaps infernal, guy thing and gal thing!
0 Replies

wandeljw

Mon 25 Apr, 2005 11:29 am
The same year I made my wife watch "Speed" she made me watch Jane Campion's "The Piano". Now I encourage her to see movies with her girlfriends.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Mon 25 Apr, 2005 12:23 pm
The man in question was taken to The Piano by his previous girlfriend, prior to their having slept together. It was a cheap way of asking for sex on her part because that was one of the sexiest movies ever made. The woman I saw it with and I felt that only a couple in an established relationship should see it together.
0 Replies

sunlover

Mon 25 Apr, 2005 01:31 pm
The Aviator. Rather shallow considering the overwhelmingly mysterious man it was about. The actor Leonardo deCaprio is rather small and a little too slick, or is it a little too silly.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Mon 25 Apr, 2005 02:05 pm
That's extraordinary as I found the film quite involving and definitely not boring. Despite DeCaprio being much shorter than Hughes, it was shot well to give the illusion of height. There are so many ways a film director can achieve this and Scorcese would be a master. I found the portrayal wasn't quite slick enough considering my Mom worked for Hughes and gave me the straight dope about him. On many occasions, Hughes, probably having something to do with his mental condition appeared to be excessively silly.
0 Replies

sunlover

Mon 25 Apr, 2005 02:29 pm
Well, I also thought deCaprio appeared about 13 in all the Titanic love scenes. He's not exactly Gregory Peck.

Howard Hughes had a very deep, dark, strongly involved life where he accomplished so much despite his monster father who probably drove him crazy.
Oh, maybe the era is too far back in time for today's actors. I thought the lady ridiculous, also, the one who portrayed Katherine Hepburn.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Mon 25 Apr, 2005 04:57 pm
I thought Cate Blanchett did an admirable job at portraying perhaps one of the most difficult Hollywood personalities to emulate. You've a right to your opinion but I think you're in a distinct minority. I can't think of another actor who could have pulled off Howard Hughes. I would find it hard to believe that Peck could have done it. A younger Jack Nicholson would have been able to. He even had the hair for it.

There's always going to be a problem with stars portraying famous historical figures -- likely the best of the lot was Ben Kingsley as Gandhi. I think it's because after they are really famous, it's a stretch of our imagination to identify them with the real character rather than the actor himself.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Mon 25 Apr, 2005 05:27 pm
sunlover, LW is quite right. Nothing wrong with your opinion, but I think you're pretty much alone in your assessment of The Aviator, especially when it comes to Cate Blanchett, who does an amazing portrayal of La Hepburn. I wasn't thrilled with the movie, but that's because I'm not much into biopics, not for the reasons you cite. And Gregory Peck? The great stone face? I can't imagine him in any role that deCaprio has had.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Mon 25 Apr, 2005 05:45 pm
I lost some faith in Peck after his portrayal of Captain Ahab as Abraham Lincoln. I do know that De Caprio is 5' 7" and wears elevators but I really didn't notice as he did steer the characterization quite well down that same path of genius slipping over into madness. I'm not always happy with most biopics as they either get bogged down in the docudrama doldrums and fail to be entertaining. I was quite entertained and especially by Blanchett's on-target portrayal.

It's funny but De Caprio is getting mature enough to play some parts Gregory Peck made famous. I think people tend to underrate pretty faces and they know they have to put everything they have into it to come up with a convincing performance.
0 Replies