The Most Boring Movies You've Ever Seen

Lightwizard

Wed 9 Feb, 2005 04:18 pm
(And I prefer that they were taken into an alien spaceship anyway :wink: ).
0 Replies

capsaddy

Wed 9 Feb, 2005 08:25 pm
most boring movie ever
Evil dead. The only entertaining part of it is when she gets violated by the tree (disturbing but funny at the same time) Just bad script and bad acting
0 Replies

benconservato

Thu 10 Feb, 2005 12:28 pm
dear me the aliens!
The 18th Chapter of "Picnic..." insists vaguely about moving time and them going into a time warp, very flat type of ending. I like the theory of the falling rock of (the thesis link I provided) much better!
0 Replies

bumblebee

Thu 10 Feb, 2005 04:22 pm
wrost movie.
King Arthur. I fell asleep halway throught it.
0 Replies

benconservato

Fri 11 Feb, 2005 10:53 pm
the recent one?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Sat 12 Feb, 2005 10:57 am
I believe there's only one film title "King Arthur," so I assume it would be the one starring Clive Owen, not the story more faithful to Mallory as in "Excaliber" or "Camelot." "Excaliber" certainly isn't boring with it's great Wagner scoring but the quirky Jungian sexual tension gets rather silly at times. "Camelot" the musical is kind of boring between songs. I just put it on my DVR in hi-def so I'm interested in watching it again. The set on the backlot of the Burbank Studios (Warner), incidentally, was also used in the TV series "Kung Fu" and later redressed as Shangri La in the awful musical version of "Lost Horizons."
0 Replies

corgilover44

Mon 21 Feb, 2005 04:07 pm
Robin Williams
I can't remember the name of this film, but it was the one where Robin Williams was a robot and was working, piece by piece, to become human. Very dull.

Can this include dumb movies as well, because AI:Artificial Intelligence was both dumb and boring.
0 Replies

corgilover44

Mon 21 Feb, 2005 04:11 pm
Manchurian Candidate
Though of another one: The Manchurian Candidate. I had no clue what it was about and fell asleep half way through. I have no clue how it ends.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Mon 21 Feb, 2005 08:37 pm
Which Manchurian Candidate? The original or the recent remake?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Tue 22 Feb, 2005 10:32 am
I had that problem with the new "The Manchurian Candidate" -- I didn't fall asleep but there were lengths of the movie that were absolute yawners. The pacing lagged off where there was little mystery or suspense built up which would be comparable to the original Even though one knows the outcome in the original, the stifling paranoia and unbearable tension between the characters is played out in spades. I think that time and place is imporant in the film and the premise of the new one is rather ho-hum, being done-up in over a dozen movies and TV series in the past decade.

Meryl Streep stole the movie - it was a walk-through by Denzel.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Tue 22 Feb, 2005 01:17 pm
I certainly agree with you about Meryl Streep's outstanding performance. She was really "creepy". My greatest recollection of the original was Angela Lansbury's fine performance in the role but I think Streep's was even better.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Tue 22 Feb, 2005 04:14 pm
I'd rather say they were equally good with a very different approach to the role by both actors.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Tue 22 Feb, 2005 04:28 pm
I guess you're right about that L.W.. Since they both affected me greatly in different ways, their differing approaches to the role does make it difficult to compare one against the other.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Fri 25 Mar, 2005 02:54 pm
I rented Open Water just after it came out on video. I have just today been released from the psych ward which my wife had me confined to after sitting with me and watching that whole movie. She still swears I was crazy to rent that piece of boring crap. By the end of it, we were both praying for the sharks to hurry up and eat these people so the movie would mercilessly end.

Frankly, I've had more fun attending most funerals than I did watching this thing.
0 Replies

Valpower

Tue 29 Mar, 2005 09:36 am
As always, topics of this nature would benefit from the addition of two words: "and why?" The reasons for finding a movie boring are more interesting than the lists--unless they are of the "cuz nothin' happened" variety. I agree with you, Rat, on the monumental boredom of Open Water. Here's a movie that seemed intent on delivering only ONE thing; how harrowing it must be to be left behind in shark-infested open water. Well, this is a story that could be told more effectively (and economically)around a campfire.

For me, though, the biggest well-reviewed snoozer was The Titanic. The love story had no real conflict as Winslet's character's husband was predictably imbued with use-baby-as-human-shield evil and DiCaprio's character was so unsurprisingly poor but noble. (It's hard to care about cartoon characters.) The only suspense was whether the ship was going to miss the iceberg. Oops.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Wed 30 Mar, 2005 11:55 am
Titanic.
0 Replies

Steelborn

Thu 31 Mar, 2005 08:40 am
Any Harry Potter film
0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Thu 31 Mar, 2005 10:22 am
Comments on comments. What exactly does "The most boring movies you've ever seen" really mean?
Since there are no criteria, what we get are personal opinions of what is boring. We are not finding out what makes a movie boring, but rather, what movies other individuals find boring. It's fun to read what bores other people. But it's more fun when the boredee defends their boredom.

Another approach to this issue might be to ask the question "What really grabs your interest in a movie?"

There is one thing we can all agree on - This is one of the most boring postings ever written.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Thu 31 Mar, 2005 10:59 am
There's a stretch of boredom in almost every movie, but, why do you need criteria to define boredom? I know when I'm bored and its generally in chase scenes (two notable exceptions: the movie "F-X" with Bryan Brown and a Sean Connery movie about a mining colony on the moon of a distant planet (Jupiter?) where the miners lived in cages made of fencing and Connery (as a detective? supervisor?) had to chase the villains up and down stairs and you saw the action through the chain link.

BTW, I saw Million Dollar Baby last night and thought it dreadful. Too long by far, another guarantor of boredom.
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Thu 31 Mar, 2005 10:27 pm
CoastalRat wrote:
I rented Open Water just after it came out on video..., we were both praying for the sharks to hurry up and eat these people so the movie would mercilessly end.

This film must be based on a very old story. I remember reading as a child several stories on this subject, with three men involved, or a married/divorced couple (one of the shortest (and best) ones was written by Winston Churchill of all people). It never struck me as something you could build a feature length film around.

The best film about this subject I have seen was the one based on the sinking of the cruiser Indianapolis in WWII, that one was not boring at least.
0 Replies