Leaving before I get banned.

Wilso

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 09:22 am
I just can't read any more of the right wing garbage that's infesting this site like a leech, sucking the life out of it like everything else they touch. They disgust me to the core of my being, so I feel it's better to bid a peaceful farewell now. Thanks for the memories. It used to be fun.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 8,570 • Replies: 170
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 09:28 am
No need to leave, Wilso. Maybe take a brief hiatus. The stench of right wing thought will still reach your nose even though you seek to avoid it. Best to confront it head-on.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 09:41 am
How strange. I had thought the same could be said of the left wing thought on this site.

Isn't diversity grand?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 09:43 am
I'm with ed in suggesting that you take a break, Wil.

Just read for awhile.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 10:14 am
I'd suggest you take a break from the political threads, Wilso. There are plenty of other topics and fun to be had. This is what I do when it gets to be too much for me.

We'd hate to lose you, Wilso. You're part of the family.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 10:27 am
I agree with Eva, just avoid the political threads!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 10:30 am
Wilso, you wrote a lovely poem once. Why not try that again.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 10:39 am
The political threads can be become quite overheated; I'm not one for debating so I try to stay clear especially when they get out of hand. There are many here at A2K who enjoy this site because it is fun. Please come to the other threads to laugh and play! Smile
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 11:10 am
If you have to leave,I suggest you do so NOW.
You seem to think that only the right is guilty of " infesting this site like a leech, sucking the life out of it like everything else they touch."
I can find many comments from the left that do exactly the same thing,but you seem to think those comments are ok.Thats hypocritical,isnt it?
I have enjoyed debating with you,and dont want to see you go,but if you cant stand the heat.....
BYE
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 11:15 am
Ignore him, Wilso. That's what I do.

Lalalalalalalalalalalalala.........

Come and play on some of the other threads!
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 11:22 am
Listen to Eva, she has the right idea!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 11:27 am
Well, Wilso, I completely understand why you do so, perhaps 'have to' act such.

I would have domne the same, when I was at your age (or even when older) :wink:

And especially, when reading such responses as by mysteryman, which only had confirmed me in my opinion to leave.

However, meanwhile I've learnt - hard leant, I must admit - that we neither can change the whole world (at least not in a couple of days) nor that's a good idea to leave friends alone.

Have some deep breath of good Australian winter air [yes, I know your momentarily temperatures and are aware of pollution down under - but that really wouldn't sound so poetic!] and come back tomorrow morning ... or the other day :wink:
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 11:43 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Well, Wilso, I completely understand why you do so, perhaps 'have to' act such.

I would have domne the same, when I was at your age (or even when older) :wink:

And especially, when reading such responses as by mysteryman, which only had confirmed me in my opinion to leave.

However, meanwhile I've learnt - hard leant, I must admit - that we neither can change the whole world (at least not in a couple of days) nor that's a good idea to leave friends alone.

Have some deep breath of good Australian winter air [yes, I know your momentarily temperatures and are aware of pollution down under - but that really wouldn't sound so poetic!] and come back tomorrow morning ... or the other day :wink:

Good response, Walter. I've been trying to write something to convince Wilso to stay. Everytime, I get bogged down and start to write about nuclear asses and other obnoxious creatures.

Really, there are some reasonable people left who wish things were different. We need your continued moral support to overcome the annoyance of the ravingly "patriotic" lunatics.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 12:25 pm
Walter,
You misunderstood my post entirely.
I was not trying to be mean,but I have found that once someone decides to leave,then it is better if they just go.It is useless to try and persuade someone to stay if they don't want to.
Also,my comment about the left doing the same thing that Wilso accuses the right of is true.I was trying to point out that both sides have their share of idiots.To say you are leaving because one side does it,and not be willing to admit that the other side is just as guilty seems to be intellectually dishonest.
If he had said he was leaving because of the "idiot fringe" on both sides that would have been more honest.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 03:38 pm
Arrr, Wilso - by all means take a break.

Or - JUST DON'T READ 'em for a bit.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 04:02 pm
i understand wilso's desire to leave. it was a major reason why i left afuzz years ago. since that learning experience i avoid most political threads. but wilso, if you were to read the threads objectively you would find that both sides lib/con spew out the same amount of garbage.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 04:06 pm
wilso, I've enjoyed conversations with you, but your topic title confuses me. If you were to stay on, and participate in those threads, you're in no fear of being banned if you're following the TOS. If you're letting other people's outlooks and views and statements get you so riled to the point of violating the TOS, just step back, take a few deep breaths and go on about your life.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 05:14 pm
Exactly, Onyx and everyone. Wilso; you should not feel as though you should stay away from the political threads; but, if they are polluting your idea of what A2K stands for, you should keep away for a while: or write about political things here, in General, where there are many political people who would hear you out. Your not contributing on one forum would have no impact on how much we cherish your input.

0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 06:06 pm
(I hope this Freudian reverse psychology thing works...)

Wilson, you loser. Why are you giving up on 'us'?! That's exactly what the right-wingers want (no offense). So get your ass off the couch and start typing!

(OK that's not totally reverse psychology, but I am confident Wilson understands the underlying message).
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 07:39 pm
Hey, Wilso, steer clear of the political threads for a while!
(psssst: And get a kitten! A great antidote to too much nasty stuff in the world out there! Very Happy )
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Leaving before I get banned.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 07:40:23