Leaving before I get banned.

Setanta

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 07:14 am
That works, though . . . i fell out yesterday, they had a piece on NPR with Ugandan men touting the "abstinence" program . . .
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 07:36 am
<dys, shouldn't you be outsite, painting the garage or doing something else useful?>
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 04:26 am
cavfancier wrote:
Hey, maybe nimh could help me out here. When my grandfather died, years ago, I inherited a bunch of liquor, including a bottle of Dutch gin he brought back from WWII. I think it was called Fokking gin. I found that pretty funny. It was horrible. Do you know if it's still produced? It would make a great 'gag' gift.

There was (is?) a bar/"proeflokaal" (a place where you sample the drinks) in Amsterdam called Fokking ... probably the same people as made the jenever back then (or still?). Fokking is a Frysian name I believe ...
0 Replies

SueZCue

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 06:16 am
Setanta wrote:
Rather appropriate, that, KP, given Wilso's signature line:

A liberal looks at those less fortunate and says "damn, I may have to give them some of mine".

A conservative looks at those less fortunate and says "damn, they may try to take some of mine"

How about "I worked for mine and have to pay for mine and yours, so why don't you work and pay for your own?"
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 06:25 am
hmmm ... a CEO or top manager used to work, say, 80 hours a week and earn x,000 USD. After the boom of the last decade, a CEO now works, say, 80 hours and earns twice x,000 USD. That kind of thing sorta relativates the "I worked for it" kind of reasoning. A garbage man works as hard as any civil servant, but still earns twice as little.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 08:36 am
SueZCue wrote:
How about "I worked for mine and have to pay for mine and yours, so why don't you work and pay for your own?"

Yeah, How 'bout that? Works for me.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 09:04 am
Following on from the discussions about the political leanings of various A2K members, can I plug my A2K political poll here? The early results (14 votes) are showing a slight leaning to the left, and curiously that those who class themselves as being to the right, are less central than those on the left.

I know that a linear scale is not the best way to measure something like this, but it was the best (i.e. easiest & fastest) way I could think of.
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 01:18 pm
Wilso, I've just looked back at your posts, it isn't you that should be leaving.

As one of our infamous politicions said, "dont let the bastards grind you down"

I hope you will stick around Wilso
0 Replies

SueZCue

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 03:59 pm
nimh wrote:
hmmm ... a CEO or top manager used to work, say, 80 hours a week and earn x,000 USD. After the boom of the last decade, a CEO now works, say, 80 hours and earns twice x,000 USD. That kind of thing sorta relativates the "I worked for it" kind of reasoning. A garbage man works as hard as any civil servant, but still earns twice as little.

As long as they're both working and self-supporting I respect them both. It's not a contest.

The "he got more than me" attitude should be over with when we're about 7 years old.

After that, we get out of our lives what we put into them. No more, no less.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 05:08 pm
It's a sad, sad month in A2Kville. I'm going to write to Wilso, even though I am basically random; but, it seems that his mind is firm on not returning.

0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 05:14 pm
Wilso, sometimes the stuff you write makes me go huh? But then again that's all part of a forum. I got to the point where I didn't like getting bitch-slapped in the political ring so I stopped being involved. Now I just peruse and chuckle. Hope you don't stay away. Personal appeal from a fellow Aussie
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 09:49:33