Why Do Women Expect Honesty From Men?

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 12:08 am
The stereotype is that men lie to get sex. They'll say I love you, they'll tell you they're rich, they'll embellish their sexual prowess, etc.

So what? Those are surface lies that don't mean a thing. Women lie in a different way. The way they look is a lie. Women wear make-up, get their hair done, the nails, the push-up bras, the colored contact lenses...jesus, I was just out a bar, and I was thinking to myself, damn that girl is so beautiful, but what does she really look like?

How do you expect men to ever understand you when the first thing they see from you is this untrue, embellished version of "you"? What makes you think a guy is going to be honest if you come off from the very first moment with a misrepresentation of yourself?

Just wondering,

Kicky
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,113 • Replies: 13
No top replies

doglover

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 01:50 am
I don't know that I would call what women do a lie per se...but when a woman 'dolls' herself up, she's baiting herself to 'catch' a man. Maybe a good place to meet women kicky is at the gym. No makeup or push up bras there!

Bars are a terrible place to meet women, unless all you're looking for is a one night stand.

Actually, I think women misrepresent themselves in many ways to the men they are pursuing. Women will be on their best behavior on dates. They will always look beautiful. Always be on a diet of one kind or another...watching their girlish figure. They will pleasant, happy, all warm and cuddly. A woman, if she has even the slightest ability to cook, will whip up a pretty good home cooked meal for her male target or she will gladly give him control over the TV remote and be 'happy' to watch whatever TV show he chooses...even sports. She will cater to the man's ever desire. She will give him wonderful back massages. All these things are, to some degree, misleading.

Take that same woman who, while dating, does all these wonderful things while dating and marry her. Chances are, once the ring is on her finger, 50% of those activities will come to a halt.

I have seen some of my female friends over the years do those exact things and then wonder why their marriage failed...or why 'he' changed. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

zirknitz

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 02:02 am
Both men and women lie, not all fortunately, and not for a long time.
Unless you are a psycologist it is difficult to understand the personality of a man or woman soon. It requires time and experience.
I have come to the conclusion that the better they appear, the less they worth.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 02:06 am
zirknitz wrote:

Like Paris Hilton and Britney Spears for example? :wink:
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 04:43 am
Quote:
The stereotype is that men lie to get sex. They'll say I love you, they'll tell you they're rich, they'll embellish their sexual prowess, etc.

So what? Those are surface lies that don't mean a thing.

No, it means that a person who says those things just to get sex is a liar!
There is no such thing as a "surface lie". Something is the truth, or it isn't.
As they say, "You can't be "a little bit pregnant". Either you are, or you aren't.

Using the example of women who wear makeup is not the same thing.......................unless the woman claimed that she was NOT wearing makeup, when she was! :wink:

As far as your original question, "Why do women expect honesty from men", for me honesty is the most important quality that I want in a person. That is not to confuse honesty with crude bluntness. I will take a lot of crap from some people, but I will not deal with lies. Lie to me, and as far as I am concerned, you are out of my life!
0 Replies

SueZCue

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 04:44 am
You're wondering why people in bars aren't honest? Are you kidding? That was the birthplace of pick-up lines long before telepersonal dating services, the internet or personal ads. No one who looks to hook up in any of these ways is honest. You just noticed that??

Have you heard that the Beatles broke up? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 04:51 am
SueZCue- Having gone to bars in my younger days, I know exactly what you are saying. It is a game. It is theatre. There can be no expectation that anyone is telling the truth. I think that is why, when I finally caught on, I dropped that method of meeting people!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 10:55 am
What you're all saying is true, but it is not the whole truth. I met my husband in a bar in 1981. We laugh and tell people it's kind of like a one-night stand that's lasted for 23 years. Wink
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 10:57 am
zirknitz wrote:

Laughing That is a great comment.

I realize that it's all a game. And no, I didn't just figure this out. It just bugs me, that's all. Bars are the dumbest places to try to meet "real" women. Maybe I'm just over the whole bar scene.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 11:01 am
Eva, my brother met his wife in a bar too, and they've been married for about ten years. But stories of people who met in bars like this are the equivalent of stories about people who smoked all their lives and lived to be 90. They only serve to get dopes like me to think "Hey, it's possible." Smile
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 01:41 pm
I know, kicky. It happens, but the odds are definitely against it. I guess it's kind of like playing the lottery. (Don't hit me! Laughing )
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 02:03 pm
pffft, I don't wear makeup, dye my hair or alter my looks (wellI do pluck and shave) otherwise. So there.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 06:39 pm
And you also don't seem to be a phony in any way on A2k either. Hmmm...you are probably a real "catch".
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 07:00 pm
I dunno about that. But, I'm no hypocrite
0 Replies