Does Anyone Besides Me Believe Osama Is Already In Custody?

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 11:07 am
and is waiting somewhere to be released during the Democratic National Convention or an equally strategic time for bushinc?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,804 • Replies: 35
No top replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 11:08 am
Well I don't.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 11:13 am
I wish he were, but he is out there , possibly orchestrating some more mischief!
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 11:15 am
I really don't think he's in custody, but I would not be surprised in the least if we had a fairly certain idea of where he is located, keeping an eye on the area to make sure he doesn't get away, and we're delaying the actual raid to go in and capture him until closer to the election.

I hate "conspiracy theories" per say, but after all the BS that has been exposed thus far, what I think isn't really going far out on a limb.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 11:16 am
bi-you are a cynical old fart who is quick to believe anything that iws a possible conspiracy by the present administration (peace be unto them). I have no doubt that you think the entire war in Iraq(and soon to be in Nigeria) is all about something to do with some kind of natural resource.

I think itll be more like 4 days before the election, so they have just enough time to spin it and bask in the afterglow and they wont have to use the bumper sticker to make the point.

"BUSH IN 04, HES NOT AS DUMB AS YOU THINK"
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 11:17 am
well that hurts farmerman...........what do you mean old?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 11:57 am
Yeah, watch tossing that word around "old." Bush just had a birthday and it didn't make him one iota smarter.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 12:13 pm
Naaaa.... If Bush had Osama his hide would be nailed to the Washington Monument as a campaign poster.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 12:27 pm
According to President Bush, Osama Bin Laden has no hope of redemption.

There is your answer.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 12:32 pm
Hm, I actually think that he is either in custody (and will be "caught" in perfect moment) or he will never be caught (because there is no real desire).

Of course, I might be wrong.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 01:15 pm
What is the purpose of this thread actually? One makes a claim without any backing, and we start to argue about it. Is this the Philosophy & Debate section or the Politics section Question
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 01:25 pm
Nobody made a claim Rick. BPB expressed an opinion that is valid BECAUSE it is being kicked around in political forums by the conspiracy theorists. Just because something falls within in the conspiracy theory category does not necessarily mean it won't be proven true.

In this particular case I don't believe Osama is in custody and this will be revealed at a time that will hurt Democrats the most BECAUSE he would only have to say how long he had been in custody. Logically, therefore, there is no reason the GOP would do this.

UNLESS we take the conspiracy theory one step further and say the Dems have him and will release him later on in hopes of making it appear that the GOP is trying to hurt the Dems. In that case the Dems would have the same problem as Osama would still be able to refute the time frame.

Unfeasability and/or incredibility has never stopped a discussion on A2K before. Smile
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 01:35 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Nobody made a claim Rick. BPB expressed an opinion that is valid BECAUSE it is being kicked around in political forums by the conspiracy theorists. Just because something falls within in the conspiracy theory category does not necessarily mean it won't be proven true.

True but my point is that I believe this subject is useless in its way that we can not give any good, valid arguments; it totally depends on what you believe. It seems to me it falls in the same category as 'Is there a God?' Some believe there is, some believe there is not, you can say WHY you believe it but eventually...

Anyone, just ignore me. Eventually I don't want to spoil your fun :wink:
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 01:46 pm
LOL, but I don't WANT to ignore you Rick. I rather like you.

I get weary of the 'debate by post of other peoples' opinions' sometimes and enjoy just using reason and logic to consider an idea. I discount the notion that A2Kers are less able to reason or deduce or come up with original conclusions than are those fortunate enough to be published in prominent newspapers and magazines.

This subject cannot be 'proved' with posted data and requires people to think. That's why I like it.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 01:47 pm
Re: Does Anyone Besides Me Believe Osama Is Already In Custo
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
and is waiting somewhere to be released during the Democratic National Convention or an equally strategic time for bushinc?

Will he be an usher at the DNC?
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 01:51 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
This subject cannot be 'proved' with posted data and requires people to think. That's why I like it.

And that's why I propose to move this thread to the Philosophy & Debate section. All in favor, raise your hand.

< Raises hand >

Mr. Green
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 01:52 pm
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
It seems to me it falls in the same category as 'Is there a God?'

There seem to be a body of opinion in the middle east that thinks Osama is God...or close to it.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 01:53 pm
Acquiunk wrote:
There seem to be a body of opinion in the middle east that thinks Osama is God...or close to it.

Good one Cool
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 02:01 pm
Well I hate to go against my friend Rick, but it is precisely because the conspiracy theory involved the current U.S. president and presumes 'dirty tricks' by his re-election campaign that it belongs in Politics and not in Philosophy and Debate.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 02:27 pm
BPB
BPB, actually, I have the opposite theory. I think bin Laden has had Bush in custody for at least a year. He plays with Bush's mind to keep him making the policy mistakes that strengthen's bin Laden's status in the Muslim world. How does he do this? Actually, Dick Cheney is bin Laden in disguise. That way Bush never has to leave the oval office to have his brain reprogramed by bin Laden via Cheney.

BBB :wink:
0 Replies