Role Reversal

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 04:07 pm
I know very little about psychology but noticed something the behavior in a new friend I've makes and I wanted to know if there is any merit to my idea. Just to outline whats happen, I've recently made a new friend who has opened up to me a lot. This friend has talked a lot about a specific relationship that is causing a problem. I've noticed that they dynamics between our relationship as friendship seems to mimic this problematic relationship, however, with the roles reversed. Where she (my friend) is playing the role of the person who is bothering her (her friend) and I'm playing the part of her (my friend). The structure of the situation is very similar and I would like to know if this is normal and what I should do about it. I have little emotional investment in this so I have a good degree of flexibility in my options. Thank to anyone who has an answer to this, really open I've made myself clear.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 529 • Replies: 2
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 05:30 pm
Apparently this person has problems with relationships.

You know that now.

It's your choice if you want to continue on with the "friendship" or become ensnared in one of the games this person plays.

Just for giggles, share your observation with this person. Let us know the outcome. (anger? disbelief? denial? jokester? unaware? thankful for the insight?)
lucid123

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 02:19 am
@PUNKEY,
I plan to play this out for a while and gather evidence to support my case. When I feel I have enough I'll confront her about it and see what happens.
0 Replies