What is the grammatical role of "religious meaning of folk art"?

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 07:41 am
I don't know why the author used the low case at the beginning of the sentence, nor its grammatical role in the sentence. It seems to me that author should have used something like this:

REVIES

Religious meaning of folk art
There is no integration with material bearing on...
------------------------------------------------------------------
What do you think?

Context:

REVIEWS

religious meaning of folk art there is no integration with material bearing on peasant superstitition. These flaws are not major faults. Readers will find Images of Faith imaginative, interesting, and competent.

MOre:
http://www.jstor.org/stable/3789048?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 387 • Replies: 3
No top replies

GorDie

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 08:52 am
@oristarA,
He technically should have used Capitals, just as you said.

however, it is possible that the author did not use capitals to express his opinion as something other than a statement or a sentence. By refusing to use a capital, the "Sentence" is not really anything more than words on paper.

He could have refused to use a Capital, denying grammatical rules, so that He could stipulate that his "opinion" is not FACT, nor does he Believe in It ~ It is just something that he thinks.

"-there is no integration of bearing on peasant superstition." is a remark I entirely agree with. Considering of course, that "-NO-" is an over exaggeration. The artwork is filled with metaphors, illustrated by those who have vague understandings of the philosophies, and are "illustrating a philosophy!"
oristarA

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 11:26 am
@GorDie,
Thanks.
Let's see what others will remark.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 11:31 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:
religious meaning of folk art there is no integration with material bearing on peasant superstitition.

This ^ is part of a sentence which started on the previous page. You need page 656 to know what the rest of the sentence is.
0 Replies