Who has counted the number better, or exactly?

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 07:06 pm
How many pages does the report, released Friday morning by the Senate Intelligence Committee, have?

(1) USAToday: The report has 560 pages.

USAToday today reported:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2004-07-08-intelreport-usat_x.htm
The Senate Intelligence Committee released the scathing 560-page report Friday morning. The report examines the intelligence gathering process on Iraq, including the failure to find any of the chemical and biological weapons that the CIA and Saddam possessed. Those weapons were one of the justifications for war in Iraq.

And,

(2) Washingtonpost: 511 pages, I bet you.

Washingtonpost also reported today:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A38459-2004Jul9.html

The 511-page report, the product of the committee's year-long investigation of pre-war intelligence on Iraq, also pointed to severe management problems at the CIA. The agency's director, George J. Tenet, announced his resignation last month for personal reasons and leaves office Sunday.

I checked out the reports from CNN, New York Timee. Both newspapers said "511 pages". But I am still afraid they might be caught by "group think".
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 472 • Replies: 4
No top replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 12:54 pm
I'm guessing five-hundred-and-eleven pages; but, unfortunately, we won't know. The public version of their report has only half of the Committee's findings in it..

0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 10:57 am
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
but, unfortunately, we won't know. The public version of their report has only half of the Committee's findings in it..

Yes, that is the question.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 10:59 am
could it be, that 'content' is more important than 'quantity'? Shocked Rolling Eyes Embarrassed :wink:
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 11:06 am
Re: Who has counted the number better, or exactly?
oristarA wrote:
How many pages does the report, released Friday morning by the Senate Intelligence Committee, have?

(1) USAToday: The report has 560 pages.

*snip*

(2) Washingtonpost: 511 pages, I bet you.

The difference may just be in exactly what pages are counted as being "the report". Those other 49 pages could be all footnotes and references.
0 Replies