Relationship Advice?.!

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 03:56 am
So I am a 16 year old boy and I am a closeted I-don't-know-what-yet. But anyway REALLY REALLY like this boy, but I don't know if he is into that. He seems very flirty which I could be mistaking for his kindness. I haven't came out yet because I still don't know what I Am, gay or bisexual. I am afraid to confess my liking for him because I don't know how he would react, he could be into me to, he could be like "no but I won't tell", or in the worst case scenario he could be like "ew no, I'm going to tell everyone". Either way something needs to happen because these are the strongest feelings I've ever had for anyone. So I am asking for what I should do.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 605 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 04:09 am
@masonjolliff,
masonjolliff wrote:

So I am a 16 year old boy and I am a closeted I-don't-know-what-yet. But anyway REALLY REALLY like this boy, but I don't know if he is into that. He seems very flirty which I could be mistaking for his kindness. I haven't came out yet because I still don't know what I Am, gay or bisexual. I am afraid to confess my liking for him because I don't know how he would react, he could be into me to, he could be like "no but I won't tell", or in the worst case scenario he could be like "ew no, I'm going to tell everyone". Either way something needs to happen because these are the strongest feelings I've ever had for anyone. So I am asking for what I should do.

I take it, that you are not really in a good environment for you to be out? But if this is the case can I also assume that it is not obvious to others that you are gay/bisexual? I guess what I am trying to get at is, it might be that some people already know that you are and perhaps this friend of yours already suspects. It is very difficult to hide your romantic feelings from someone even when you are trying to hide them.

My philosophy has always been (well for a long time now) there is a cost/price for everything you decide. Even if you chose not to tell him, there is still the cost that you might have lost a chance. And of course there is the cost as you pointed out, it could cause you some future hurt if it doesn't go well.

Since there is a cost for everything, you should determine what you are willing to "pay" for this decision. If the price is too high for you to pay, you shouldn't do it. Does that analogy make sense?

What are you willing to put yourself through if you tell him?
What are you willing to put yourself through if you don't tell him?

If you tell him and he accepts you. Sounds like a nice pay out there. Sometimes that pay out is a gamble but worth it in some cases. This is the best I can do. Hope it helps a little.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 06:51 am
@masonjolliff,
I think you're a typical teenager. We've all had crushes.

In the meantime, maybe think, not only about what Krumple is saying, but about what being out is going to be about. Do you live in an area where it could be physically dangerous for you to be out? That can and should (unfortunately) color some of your decisions in this area. Sometimes the thing to do is come out to a trusted friend or family member or teacher. Just one on one, you and the other person. Maybe even your doctor, as there is a physician-patient privilege, even for minors. Get used to telling people that your sexuality isn't quite known to you yet, but you are still the same person. You just want people to understand. That's all.

I am suggesting this because, at some point, it's a conversation you're going to have to have - with someone. Whether it's this guy or your mom or anyone else. It would take a lot of the risk out of asking this guy out (or a guy like him) if you were already out, yes?
0 Replies